Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Sep 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1707746)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, good question; the programme isn't too specific on that. They do have classes but it appears thet they will fit pretty much any GT or Saloon that's enterd into one of them. Makes for great variety!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1707764)   #27
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Ok, as long as you don't mind amateur quality!

Below are pics of the first 3 cars in the order in which they finished; the first taken at Abbey and the other two at Luffield. The final picture, also taken at Luffield, shows an interesting group of Mazda R8, 2 Australian Ford V8s and the Eclipse Motorsport Mosler. The first of the Fords (32) in this picture carried a tribute sticker to Peter Brock down each side of the rear window. The older Ford at the back looked and sounded superb:-

Hi John, do you have any more images of the No 2 Mosler? That was me in the car you have above
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1707818)   #28
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibold
I'm driving the #76 M3 (blue with silver stripes) and we are also running a red Honda Civic (#64).

Hopefully we will still be running at 5pm on Sunday
Well hello there still running at 5pm !!! you nearly weren't if we hadn't of dragged you or you co driver out of the kitty litter with less that a hour to go.

If you were the driver during that stint I was the marshal in the ausie hat doing dog impresions at the front of your car digging out the gravel.

well done for finishing where did you finish in class?

Regards
Allan (Fazza) Farrimond
Oulton Park Marshal on Tour!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1707824)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi, Red,
I have a number of action pics of your Mosler taken at various times and places around the circuit, I can e-mail them if you like and I can include the time they were taken so you will know who is in the car.

regards,

Bob.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1707828)   #30
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
double post stupid machine...

Last edited by fazza; 11 Sep 2006 at 11:32.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1707833)   #31
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
Hi, Red,
I have a number of action pics of your Mosler taken at various times and places around the circuit, I can e-mail them if you like and I can include the time they were taken so you will know who is in the car.

regards,

Bob.
Thanks Bob that would be great. I would be more than happy to pay for any images I get. You can tell which ones were me as I had the white helmet as I have a new one.

Please can you email them to chris@absolutemedia.co.uk

Cheers
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1707834)   #32
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am no Spring Chicken so I have to admit to watching only the first and last 5 hours, I managed to speak to a number of the marshalls around the track and I have to say 'well done' to all of you and a very big thanks for your dedication and good humour. It's been said a million times before but without you chaps none of it would be possible. With such a long circuit and 24 hours to marshall, not forgetting all that went before I could see that it was a very lonely job much of the time. You are a truly dedicated bunch and I have to say 'Quite Mad'. Especially from Scotland!!

Thank you all very much.

Regards

Bob.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1707850)   #33
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
Hi John, do you have any more images of the No 2 Mosler? That was me in the car you have above
Were you driving the last stint when we had to push you down the pit lane? the air was blue coming fron the drivers seat.

Like to say thanks for getting out and helping push those bloody thing ar not light.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1707869)   #34
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazza
Were you driving the last stint when we had to push you down the pit lane? the air was blue coming fron the drivers seat.

Like to say thanks for getting out and helping push those bloody thing ar not light.
you try driving the thing!!! My arms are tired today.

No was not me in the last stint. I did the 12pm till 1.30pm as my last stint (heat of the day...). It was Elliott Cole behind the wheel for the last hour.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1707992)   #35
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Red, I'm sure that Bob has sent you some great shots but for the others and to display this fine colour cordination with Barrier and marshal, here's one at Abbey. The next two shots show nos 76 & 64 mentioned earlier in the thread, and the final one shows the gyrating Australian V8 with the tribute to Peter Brock on the side below the rear window - a nice touch:-

Last edited by John Turner; 11 Sep 2006 at 13:54.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1708072)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
John,
You certainly do post some truly great pictures, absolutely fabulous, tremendous action and bags of atmosphere, shame I can't view them!

All I see are blank spaces, is this one of the greatest con jobs ever, I wonder if anybody really sees them or are they to proud to admit, that like me, there's nothing there?

Come on chaps etc. put me out of my misery, tell me it is a JT snowjob.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1708076)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England
By the way John, I hoped you were dressed appropriately in true Britcar style.

(As always, only kidding.)
Old 11 Sep 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1708122)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Bob, I keep telling you; it's your PC configuration settings. Get it sorted and you can probably post some of your pics, for all of us to enjoy, as well. Dressed appropriately .... as always!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1708128)   #39
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice shots John

I havent got around o sorting my pictures out yet -but I believe that you must of been sttod near me when you took the pic of the Falcon - because if I am not mistaken he is spinning at Abbey - I have that sequence too.
will post as soon as I get chance
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1708174)   #40
TheFlyingHaggis
Rookie

Scotland
Alloa Scotland
TheFlyingHaggis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the mention. Sometimes we feel ,we are just in the way, Although i must say most of you,s made us more than welcome even if the three of us are mad scots with wigs on. Thanks for a good time and good race hope to see you all next year.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1708190)   #41
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anybody has any pics of the 25 Falcon, I would love to see them. I was helping to look after the car and never had the chance to take any pics.
However the whole team were over the moon when the car finished, despite having to change a clutch during the night. The event was brilliant, cant wait to do it again.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1708224)   #42
angusdawe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Newbury
angusdawe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone got a picture of car 24, the H&P M3 Compact? The car I did 3 hours, 3 HOURS!!!! behind the safety car in the fog?

If it wasn't for a pesky diff bolt breaking twice, we would have been top 5 overall...
Old 11 Sep 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1708245)   #43
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'll have a look Angusdawe, but in the meantime, as these are ready - the sun is getting low as the Darrien gets some assistance - note the Group C wing!

Driver changes for cars 33 & 79:-

Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1708250)   #44
SteveT
Rookie

United States
Rockville, MD USA
SteveT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John, thanks for the pix. Much appreciated!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1708256)   #45
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok, car 24; bad luck with the diff bolt breakages, but finishing is an achievement isn't it?

Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1708279)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim69
If anybody has any pics of the 25 Falcon, I would love to see them. I was helping to look after the car and never had the chance to take any pics.
Ooops, missed this one! Herewith:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924nut
I believe that you must of been sttod near me when you took the pic of the Falcon - because if I am not mistaken he is spinning at Abbey - .....
Yep, Abbey it was. I didn't stay too long, but I was a grey bewhiskered old bloke with a DBR9 T-shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT
John, thanks for the pix. Much appreciated!
Thanks, Steve, but I'm curious that someone from 'over the pond' is so interested in this event (that's great by the way!) or are you an ex-pat?
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1708298)   #47
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can anyone tell me who was involved with the mazda teams, i was at the rachel green accident and was wondering how she was?
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1708302)   #48
angusdawe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Newbury
angusdawe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Ok, car 24; bad luck with the diff bolt breakages, but finishing is an achievement isn't it?

Thanks John. Finishing is an achievement, but knowing the car had the pace to get a podium was gutting. Car won its class in Dubai in January, so expectations were high.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1708333)   #49
bauble
Veteran

England
jim69 (same age as me?) and angusdawe, lots of both so send e-mail address and I'll send them on.

Any other requests?
Old 11 Sep 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1708354)   #50
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rollcentre and Eclipse Moslers looked good in the gloom of the fog, such bright colours, you could make them out quite clearly, yet the best paint scheme was the #77 Civic, the chequer pattern really showing up an the night.

Last edited by jase; 11 Sep 2006 at 21:41.