Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Aug 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2263713)   #26
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even with a 'No dogs policy' you'll still get idiots who think it's ok to bring them and leave them in the car. every year for as long as i can remember at the Air Tattoo at Fairford there's a tannoy announcement calling some feckless moron back to their car in which they have left their poor dog. As it's in July it's usually boiling hot plus with a few B1 bombers flying past it's way noisier than most race meets.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2263831)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
wqell credit where credit's due - the MSA have it absolutely right going by the above quote from the book - recommendation not ban, all that's left to do is to encourage common sense not drive it away.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2263884)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
Even with a 'No dogs policy' you'll still get idiots who think it's ok to bring them and leave them in the car. every year for as long as i can remember at the Air Tattoo at Fairford there's a tannoy announcement calling some feckless moron back to their car in which they have left their poor dog. As it's in July it's usually boiling hot plus with a few B1 bombers flying past it's way noisier than most race meets.
I remember a few years back at Donington where a dog had been left in a car in blazing sunshine[yes it does sometimes happen there!].It was not in too good condition until the window broke and the dog taken out and dowsed in water.!!
Old 5 Aug 2008, 21:03 (Ref:2264075)   #29
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
MGDavid Fair comment but as always not everybody thinks or behaves like the Dutch guy. I was a bit wary of a couple of rockwilders at Spa in the pits as they weren't on leads. I am an animal lover but I think you have to draw the line somewhere as dogs are not all the same and behave completely differently under the same circumstances. I wouldn't want to be the one that decides what type of dog could or couldn't be allowed in so I would have to plug for a complete ban.
As far as hearing goes,all dogs are the same(except for some really old and deaf smooches then). If you read my story thouroughly,you'd notice that I also described the exact location were this moron dragged his dog to.
The old main grandstand at Spa is right across the old pitbox complex. It's basically nothing less then one big old concrete channel thrue which the cars pass with well over 130mph,right in the top of their rpm band.
The Astons and Masers sounded earpearcing allready,but the Lambo topped the lot by mimicking a chainsaw cutting through the skull quite well.

Anyone how exposes a dogs sensitive ears to that kind of aural attack is nothing more then a downright sadist or has only two active braincells...

Oh and erm,the name is "GTfour"
Old 5 Aug 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2264080)   #30
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Don't hear me wrong here guys(and galls) I'm all against the avalanche of legislation of late,but for some ignorent and a-social folk it's the only way to protect their dogs. In my opinion,one should have to get a "doglicense" for at the moment every poser can get a dog to show of or to kick around without anyone questioning the owner...
Old 5 Aug 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2264105)   #31
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's not good for the dogs is it good for the kids ?
Ban the dogs, cats, kids and fox in the wood !
Isn't better to limit the cars noise ?
Old 5 Aug 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2264114)   #32
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or maybe we should all race nice quiet electric cars pah! race cars are ment to be noisy and smelly.You go to meetings to watch or take part in racing not to have a quiet day out with your dogs.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2264314)   #33
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet
Limit the cars noise? Were are you from? Some leftish antiracecar environmentalist movement? READ my text! A fox would never be so dumb as to enter a concrete grandstand,my dear boy.

As for children,these are at the mercy of their parents wisdom and that's why one sees most young kids with hearing protection when visiting noisy racemeetings.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2264323)   #34
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
As for children,these are at the mercy of their parents wisdom and that's why one sees most young kids with hearing protection when visiting noisy racemeetings.
Mmmmm....

Back in a bit, just off to the Dragon's Den to show my "Dog Muff" (TM)
Old 6 Aug 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2264368)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Mmmmm....

Back in a bit, just off to the Dragon's Den to show my "Dog Muff" (TM)

Should that not read "Ear Defenders"?
Old 6 Aug 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2264800)   #36
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While the MSA doesn't ban dogs, most circuits do, as has been said above.

Silverstone, for example, allows guide dogs for some meetings.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 01:29 (Ref:2266193)   #37
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Why am I getting worrying visions of "Animal Lovers" and "Dog Muffs"?????????????
Old 9 Aug 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2266201)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Why am I getting worrying visions of "Animal Lovers" and "Dog Muffs"?????????????

No idea Tim.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2266249)   #39
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Silverstone, for example, allows guide dogs for some meetings.
Would I need an extra seat in the racer for it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Aug 2008, 09:10 (Ref:2266258)   #40
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet
Somebody once said that common sence is merely the set of prejudices gained by the age of 18. I think this is bourne out by this discussion.

Think it through rather than just using so called common sence. It's not obvious to some dog owners that motor racing and dogs don't mix. So where ever possible it needs to be either banned, or where not possible (for instance, in places where there is a public right of way across the venue) make it clear what the problem is.

Contrary to "common sense" electric cars are not better for the environment or better/safer on the road. With current technology, you have to burn more fossil fuels to power an electric car than you do to propel an internal combustion car. And just this week I read an article on BBC's news site about how they're trying to make electric and hybrid cars more noisy because people can't hear them coming and are getting run over. Even the daftest kid in my neighbourhood hears my Intercooled Turbo Diesel 4x4 Chelsea Tractor coming and gets out of the way.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2268357)   #41
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a bloke at the 1967 BOAC 500 at Brands who had a pet crocodile on a lead - about 4-5ft long. I've seen film of it, a crowd of people around it in the paddock, at a distance!

I also remember an FF race at Mallory in the '70s, the drivers all trying to avoid a stray dog on the pit straight. Nearly as bad as the mad 'priest' at Silverstone but the dog was obviously frightened.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2268404)   #42
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no animal of any type should be allowed at a motorsport venue, simple as that. its unfair to the animal (which in most cases are incapable of telling you they are suffering, barring dogs whimpering etc) and its a danger to the others on the circuit. Senna's incident with the stray dog should be proof alone that it's just not right to have animals at a circuit.