Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Mar 2004, 09:17 (Ref:906809)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gotta love those 'secret lurkers', they do make life far more accurate

And it was good to put a face to the illustrious and dare I say infamous RaceTime
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:42 (Ref:906870)   #27
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh but that face is just getting older - and obviously one that some particular people in CAMS don't like - isn't that right Peter? (amazing how everything here gets back to CAMS - one sided stories go a long way it seems....)
Old 16 Mar 2004, 13:40 (Ref:907014)   #28
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think some of these 'secret lurkers' need to get a life. These forums are supposed to be informative & fun, I guess some people have nothing better to do than snoop around & gossip. Ahhhhhh.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 20:59 (Ref:907490)   #29
RaceTime
Veteran

Kerri - no - some people don't like to participate for various reasons but have ways of contributing.

Then you have CAMS employees and so called 'high ranking officials' who can only criticise, sprout off their foul mouths in public, and then expect everyone to bend over and take it when they want. Jenny Craig would have kittens with one of them.

But, like everything, there are exceptions to this as well - I am aware of a number of CAMS people who WANT to take part in discussions to put their side - but they are effectively barred and, in at least one case, scared because he/she is worried of the retaliation they will receive if discovered tohave been taking part. This, I believe, is called bully boy tactics...
Old 18 Mar 2004, 09:29 (Ref:909033)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love truth in press releases... seriously I do...

A release about Richard Mork's wins at the Wakefield Meeting can be found Here

The coolest part and I quote...
"Mork took overall honours on the day to claim the inaugural Touring Car Challenge round and to say that the 56-year-old was excited about his win would have been a rather large understatement. “Today was great, it’s good to get out there and be competitive for a change,” said a cheerful Mork shortly after his win. “I really enjoyed my whole weekend for the first time in a longtime, the format is brilliant, racing is fantastic and I’ll be back for the next round, that’s for sure.

“This weekend has cost me a total of $ 300, so it makes cheap racing, for a number of years I’ve battled in the Konica series and my racing wasn’t fun. The format with the Touring car Challenge is well thought out; the races are short, when I was in the Konica series I used to argue about the races being too long, a 22 lap race is not a sprint race, 5 laps is a sprint race.”

Notice Morky said $300 (THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!)

He can do a lot with not very much!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:01 (Ref:909061)   #31
RaceTime
Veteran

Yep - he said $300 - I was listening to him being interviewed below the timing room window after the meeting had finished!
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:06 (Ref:909065)   #32
bushy1
Rookie

bushy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the racing was very good on the weekend thought the idea of the handicap starts was a good idea will be going to watch the next round at wakefield

as this is my first post here i hope it is alright
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:08 (Ref:909067)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
RaceTime is the lucky vegemite who set the handicaps

The right result was achieved on the day
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:29 (Ref:909085)   #34
RaceTime
Veteran

GTR - Yes - Morky's finish is what I was trying to achieve (although only managed it with the 3 cars).

But all drivers in the field are aware that we are all learning from this - the real test will come when they follow the F4000's PbH to Winton, Eastern Creek and Queensland Raceway - I will only have one chance to get them right!
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:36 (Ref:909091)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And I hope Morky attends all of these... and that the field retains its current depth, and expands to more drivers.

What was shown on the weekend though was that the drivers make a huge difference to the speed of the vehicle.

Take the #12 Nissan for example, in races 1 & 2, this thing spluttered and was generally looking unhealthy... a new driver gets in for R3 (which ruined the handicapping no end) and the thing is near the front in pace.

I was talking to one of the drivers about how serious they were going in the racing, and his complaint was that some of the cars werent being extended, and were making it too easy for him to pass them....

... courteous, but not as much fun as the driver doesnt have to work at passing people...

Not sure how you work that int o the scenario...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:21 (Ref:910586)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
David Towe's BMW M3....
Attached Thumbnails
111.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:23 (Ref:910588)   #37
RaceTime
Veteran

Ahhh that must be from when he jumped the start (Very lucky boy he didn't get pinged on that one...)
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:23 (Ref:910589)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And again on the dummy grid...
Attached Thumbnails
112.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:24 (Ref:910592)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A different view...
Attached Thumbnails
114.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:25 (Ref:910594)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Inside....
Attached Thumbnails
113.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:27 (Ref:910596)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
David Towe got a drive thru in R3...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:30 (Ref:910598)   #42
RaceTime
Veteran

Nope he didn't - we debated that during the race - he came in of his own free will, visited his pit bay and came out again.

Unless he gave himself a drive-thru - certainly wasn't given by the officials.

Maybe he was feeling guilty about the start of race 1..
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:31 (Ref:910599)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It looks nice for a car built in 1987 doesnt it...
Attached Thumbnails
115.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:32 (Ref:910601)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You cant help love someone who likes taking the urine out of themselves sometimes...

WARNING... PARENTAL GUIDANCE RECOMMENDED!!!
Attached Thumbnails
116.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:33 (Ref:910603)   #45
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Very clean unit a credit to the team
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:36 (Ref:910605)   #46
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Gotta love Morky I like the writing on the fuel tank sorta like another car around a while ago that had Passing side on the right hand side of the boot and on the left........ Suic-side
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:37 (Ref:910606)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The secret to the success of Morky at Wakefield Park.... maybe he copied the demon tweak after I revealed the WPS Racing car using similar tactics....
Attached Thumbnails
117.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:37 (Ref:910607)   #48
RaceTime
Veteran

Have to say that all the cars in the Touring Car Challenge were very well presented - a credit to everyone concerned.

(And before GTR reminds me - yes, I managed to stuff the handicap - but when you handicap for a 12 lap race, then find out it is only 10 laps!!!! And for the final 15 lap race you find it has been reduced to 12 laps you think 'Great - I can use the previous handicapping as a guide' - issue the handicap grid and then have the bloody race reduced to 10 laps....Oh well next race is in May - maybe I can do better by then )

Last edited by RaceTime; 19 Mar 2004 at 11:39.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:42 (Ref:910612)   #49
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Trial and error Race, trial and error
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:46 (Ref:910615)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Julius Mondeo...
Attached Thumbnails
118.jpg  
#CANCERSUCKS