Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jul 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1344448)   #26
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes...DSC is worth the money.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 07:08 (Ref:1344464)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I think that DSC is worth the money.

Although if there is one thing I would like to see more it is features and editorials similar to the ones on sportscarpros. But for accurate news it is the best site.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 07:55 (Ref:1344494)   #28
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC is worth its money. Though I'm writing every day for InfosCourse (the right way to write it Fab, you forgot the first S !!! ), I'm still paying for DSC. Impossible to compare DSC and our website. They are pros, we're not. You will find each day much more articles than we may offer. We can not go on the tracks as often as they do. And of course we may keep on writing in french for a long time

No doubt that Malcolm and his guys produce an excellent website, with very reliable informations.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1344498)   #29
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'bout time I threw my tuppence in.

DSC is well worth the money. They do get press releases, but they don't just re-print them, they try and more often than not get to some of the story behind with additional commentary.

The news is accurate, and they provide in depth coverage at the very big races.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1344514)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent
InfosCourse the right way to write it Fab, you forgot the first S !!! .
Shaaaaaame on me !

And I misspelt it each time ! Doh !

Well taken, for penitence I'll edit my 300+ posts mentionning Infoscourse
Old 1 Jul 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1344548)   #31
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Between the lines, I'm quite curious with what kind of a smile Graham is sitting behind his PC when he reads this
Old 1 Jul 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1344558)   #32
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Between the lines, I'm quite curious with what kind of a smile Graham is sitting behind his PC when he reads this
I don't know about Graham, but there's a rumour that Malcolm is suffering from several head injuries this morning and has had to call the builders in to widen all his doors........
Old 1 Jul 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1344601)   #33
Frango
Rookie

Italy
Milano
Frango should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

DSC is a GREAT website

for less than 1€ a week

malcom & co. do a huge amount of work... usually the reports they post are more than you could have the time to read

definitely worth the money
Old 1 Jul 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1344674)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Caught up with this thread last night and felt it was only right and proper to stay well out of it! It is however very gratifying indeed to read this level of positivity from our readers.

There is some very good stuff indeed out on the web - Methinks the traditional print publishers are just beginning to realise that!

Plugs here would be entirely inappropriate but just a teaser - In the coming weeks there will be a much better opportunity to assess DSC's value for money through an increased free to view content.

For now though I'd urge everyone who can't afford our subs fee to check out the free to view area. Amongst other things we cover a range of teams in depth that compete in almost all of the major championships - And you don't have to pay for any of it.

I'd particularly recommend the RML team coverage at Le Mans - A fascinating story of a truly unbelievable class win.

Thanks to all for their kind words, we work very hard indeed to earn and keep your respect.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1344685)   #35
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, DSC is a good site but I find that sometimes the bias of their reporters favourite type of racing shows through. For example a report about a GrandAm race should be just that, not yet another chance to compare the series to ALMS.

Like others have said if you use a selection of sites you can get good coverage.

One thing that DSC does have to its advantage are the services of billiant photographers like Regis Lefebure & David Lord!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1344780)   #36
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10-10s posters may not be typical dsc readers - for example, a good number of our subscribers don't have the time to search the web for news: they want to come to one place.
It would be as daft to suggest that all dsc news is available elsewhere as it would be to say that dsc has all the news that is available elsewhere - but we try to be as inclusive as possible.
Many thanks for all the supportive remarks. No head-swelling here - because I'm never satisfied with what we do.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1344788)   #37
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well worth the minimal outlay in my opinion. I was spending exactly the same money on three months' Autosport susbcription as I pay for a year of DSC - and getting increasingly irritated by its ability to ignore everything that's not F1.

I suppose I'm slightly biased because DSC provides race reports for my team, but when I first got on the interweb Sportscar World was the first sportscar racing site I found and I instantly knew that was the best source I was likely to find. Knowing how hard the DSC guys work I have absolutely no qualms about giving them ten shiny new pence a day to keep me informed.

I have only one minor complaint about DSC (and it's not even their fault): the forum is barely active at all - but then I guess that's because most susbscibers spend their days on here...

Steve @ Eclipse.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1344795)   #38
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svierge
...I have only one minor complaint about DSC (and it's not even their fault): the forum is barely active at all - but then I guess that's because most susbscibers spend their days on here...

Steve @ Eclipse.
Steve, suggest you start some rediculous rumours on there that we can all discuss!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1344798)   #39
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC is not worth the money! You can find all the stories on Crash.net and that is free! Also Ten-tenths has much gossip!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1344817)   #40
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, you certainly can't find all the stories on that other site.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1344818)   #41
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfox2000
DSC is not worth the money! You can find all the stories on Crash.net and that is free! Also Ten-tenths has much gossip!
Crash.net is a good site, but it covers a huge variety of disciplines and does not have anywhere near the detail and depth of information that DSC has regarding sportscars
Old 1 Jul 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1344835)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash.net is a nice compilation site, but you can certainly find many of the pieces there on other sites as well. Not much in the way of in depth discussion.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1344856)   #43
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash.net used to have fairly good sportscar news several years ago, but it went downwards bigtime on that field. Good compilation site, but no where near as good info on Sportscars as DSC offers.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1344884)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicos935
I even suspect this post to be a covered commercial for DSC.... I might be wrong.

I think you are. Let me assure you that if I thought that - I'd pull this thread immediately.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1344897)   #45
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnage
I hope this is the right place to ask this question, and it seems this hasn't really been discussed here in the past.
Simple question: is dailysportscar.com worth its money? They ask 35 pounds a year, which is (even?) more than I pay for my autosport-atlas subscription.
And does the site have a bias towards one of the championships like ALMS? Their introductory tour isn't much of a help at that point, so I would like to have some opinions of some subscribers here.

I believe it is the BEST subscription money I have ever spent....

Comprehensive coverage of sportscar racing around the world...even Brazilian Endurance Series coverage...with superb motorsports journalists (writers and photographers)

They also report objectively....not slanted or biased, and they do not play games in the rumor mill....

Good, factual and reliable coverage of all aspects of sportscar racing....

That will be money that I will spend every year from now on....

I highly recommend it

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1344905)   #46
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I've been interested in DSC, but have never subscribed.

Personally (and IMHO), of the sites I have been to most are similar. Virtually everyone gets the PR releases, which is all the same. Race summaries are just race summaries. Lots of the smaller sites seem afraid to publish insider stories/pics for fear of losing their contacts. Some get more interviews than others, but many have them. Few seem to offer editorials, which is why I enjoy reading sportscarpros.com (not to mention the best pics out there).

If DSC has all of that then I'd be interested in taking a closer look.

You'll get all of that and more...but they print news...not rumors...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1344920)   #47
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really appreaciate DSC when they do their testing reports (ie LMES test day) and their round-ups/reports on the news and gossip at a race meeting

Theres often very interesting snippets of info in them.

Edit:- I'd like to see a few more editorials as its always interesting to here there views on whats happening in the sportscar world.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1344947)   #48
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are not saying that DSC is a bad site; only that it is not worth the money! It may of improved a bit; but it is a bit of a rip off.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1344957)   #49
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the price, I think DSC is a bargain. It's got a few rough edges in terms of design, content and policy (I think it needs to sharpen up the distinction between editorial and reportage!), and is far from perfect (a slightly more standardised approach to race reports would be particularly good!) - but it's written by and for sports car fans and you get a breadth and depth of coverage that I haven't seen in the paper comics since the 80s.

If you just want the press releases and stock pictures, there's always motorsport.com. If you want the real stories and the atmosphere and the gossip, as well as some great photos, DSC's ideal. You get a lot there that you can't find anywhere else on the net or in print.

(And it's through DSC that I discovered some other excellent sites like mulsannescorner which is one of the best techie racing sites around).
Old 1 Jul 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1344970)   #50
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfox2000
We are not saying that DSC is a bad site; only that it is not worth the money! It may of improved a bit; but it is a bit of a rip off.
I'd be interested to know what you base your impressions on - have you ever subscribed superfox?

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not reply here
Closed Thread