Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2002, 11:37 (Ref:216406)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2001 was the wettest Le Mans I've been to, by far. It rained quite consistently in 1992 and 1995, but nowhere near as heavily.

As for Erta, well, I'm sad to report that she is no more. (Well, she hasn't been at Le Mans for several years now, anyway). And before you jump to conclusions about Erta, don't even think of her taking her clothes off!! She was a very large lady indeed!! I doubt if thoughts of Erta would have caused Tom Kristensen's mishap!!

Old 15 Feb 2002, 16:05 (Ref:216546)   #27
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue2

If anyone sees fit to define "wet" I'm leaving. The smuttiness of some of our friends here knows no bounds."

Maybe you missed the last race. It was very wet. It rained more than any race i can remember since 1970. Maybe 1995 was as bad, but I only a short video of that one and it looked pretty miserable.
It seems I've been overly cynical. My comment was in reply to the one about Tom Kristensen wetting himself, but we've found another clean meaning somehow. Isn't naivety wonderful?

I did indeed miss 2001, but the pictures of the drenched spectators made it to me!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 19:59 (Ref:218583)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My socks have just dried out. I really must change them this week...........
Old 19 Feb 2002, 06:57 (Ref:218753)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
If I can remember, a race at the end of 70' (1980, maybe), started under a storm... remember the year Rodeau won ? Rain, rain, soggy rain...

Anyway, last year was awful...
Old 19 Feb 2002, 08:57 (Ref:218776)   #30
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember 1980, it was my first year and we went on a page and moy weekend trip, It was very wet, but not as wet as 2001, however when the only shelter is a Union Jack flag from which the colour ran it was pretty nasty, as was the coach trip home, 52 wet (104 wet socks!) people the smell was not good
I have however returned every year since, but not on a coach.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 08:58 (Ref:218777)   #31
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was '98 when the rain was bad, I remember darting between the stands in the village making my way back to Houx Annexe.

Luckly we had pitched at the top of the field, when we woke in the morning the bottom of the field had tents with water half way up them. Cars and some bikes could only just be seen.

Saturday seemed to be a day for digging the trenches, what a lovely thought a tent with a moat, well for one weekend only an Englishman's tent is his castle!!
Old 19 Feb 2002, 09:04 (Ref:218779)   #32
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
We have some footage of that, some guy looking very stunned at his half submerged tent, people where just gathering around the poor guy like some exhibit at a zoo.
Glad it was'nt me
Old 19 Feb 2002, 10:03 (Ref:218790)   #33
Abs
Rookie

Yeah, I remember alot of people just looking around in disbelief.

It didn't help with some idiots trying to race around the site in thier cars, not knowing what they were going over let alone the waves they were making!!

That was the first year I had camped there, even with the rain and limited facilities I've been back to the Annexe ever since.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 15:23 (Ref:218921)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well don't forget to pack your union jack shorts, sunhats and suncream this year guys........

(I'm working on the basis that if I say it often enough, maybe the sun will shine!!).
Old 19 Feb 2002, 15:41 (Ref:218929)   #35
Abs
Rookie

Quote:
[i](I'm working on the basis that if I say it often enough, maybe the sun will shine!!). [/B]
What happened last year then, were you doing a rain dance or something!!!
Old 19 Feb 2002, 15:53 (Ref:218936)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No Abs, I think my mistake was to print off my "Aysedasi's Le Mans" t-shirts - all of which remained buried under several layers of clothing all weekend!
Old 19 Feb 2002, 16:44 (Ref:218966)   #37
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You poor bugger!!!

You taking the T shirts this time?
Old 19 Feb 2002, 16:55 (Ref:218973)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, they're faded dusters now!

Do you think I ought to print up some more, or would that be tempting fate two years in a row?
Old 19 Feb 2002, 17:00 (Ref:218977)   #39
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go on, last years race was special, come on, you should treat those of us who can't go to a specatacle!!!
Old 19 Feb 2002, 17:13 (Ref:218983)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I do, all the time - I wear glasses!

Here's one I modelled at home - a bit too small a photo to do it justice really (and with more pics on the back as well.......)
Attached Images

Old 19 Feb 2002, 17:20 (Ref:218987)   #41
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Like the T shirt, but I would lose the comedy beard..
Old 19 Feb 2002, 19:19 (Ref:219048)   #42
Abs
Rookie

Aysedasi, the Pie Eaters are trying to arrange shirts for this year, I think we are going for the rugby shirt look.

Maybe a bit of shirt swapping going on??

Keep an eye out for 12 rather fat blokes in rugby tops!! It would be good to meet you.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 20:36 (Ref:219097)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes indeed, a meeting sounds a damn fine idea!

And as for the beard, Nordic, it's quite essential - that's where I ripen my pont l'eveque!! (or the leftovers, anyway!).

(By the way Abs, I'm an 'ampshire 'og, born and bred, but where's Oakley?).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Feb 2002 at 20:38.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 23:48 (Ref:219222)   #44
Abs
Rookie

Aysedasi, same as that born'n'bred in ampshire me dear!!

Oakley is a small village just outside Basingstoke as you head to Overton or Andover.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 06:48 (Ref:219331)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And the picture with your hat !

Ayse, try to post the one with your hat you took last year... closer from the reality if it's rainny again...