Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Apr 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2868807)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Sponsor for MSR

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Apr 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2869959)   #27
useless27
Rookie

useless27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Needs the Crocodile skin as per the Ford GT and Corvette in the FIA GT series
Old 27 Apr 2011, 06:12 (Ref:2870374)   #28
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read in AA...

Jay Motorsport will not be going at all, they were going to debut their VE but have abandoned that idea, plus they won't run their VZ.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2871048)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Danny Green To Drive PMM VE

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2871049)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless27 View Post
Needs the Crocodile skin as per the Ford GT and Corvette in the FIA GT series
AA this week suggests that a new livery with the croc skin treatment is likely to appear on the car before the next event...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Apr 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2871060)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Matt Hansen Gets A Ride

Here's hoping Mr Bates shall return to good health soon!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Apr 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2871737)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Oops
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 May 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2872333)   #33
ADZ351
Rookie

ADZ351 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never thought I'd say this but well done in race 2 Paul Morris! Percat's attitude has attracted the wrong attention andit was a sight to see Tander, Courtney and a whole crew protect Pussycat after the race from any further attention. It's a long was before Percats tallent catches up to his ego
Old 1 May 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2872352)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Development series race yesterday, there was a crash between Mr Percat and Mr Morris. Mr Percat DNF'd in the pits eventually... Dependibg who you talk to, it might just be Mr Percat's fault

Last development series race might become a demo derby... Payback?
Story Here

Payback delivered....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADZ351 View Post
I never thought I'd say this but well done in race 2 Paul Morris! Percat's attitude has attracted the wrong attention andit was a sight to see Tander, Courtney and a whole crew protect Pussycat after the race from any further attention. It's a long was before Percats tallent catches up to his ego
I wonder what story shall be used to wallpaper this issue by WP...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 May 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2872380)   #35
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So in other words, Morris's get square was totally pre-meditated.

(throwing to an ad, 7 showed footage of Morris making gestures to/behind Percat as he walked past)

And they reckon Rusty's The Enforcer???
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 1 May 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2872381)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
So in other words, Morris's get square was totally pre-meditated.

(throwing to an ad, 7 showed footage of Morris making gestures to/behind Percat as he walked past)

And they reckon Rusty's The Enforcer???
Sure looks like it...

Of interest for me was Mr Beretta's chat with Mr Ingall before the main game race today.. it sounded so much like something Mr Morris might say..

It will have us wondering perhaps whether WP finds a reason not to run #222 in other rounds given that its pilot will not likely win the championship from this position...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 May 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2872385)   #37
useless27
Rookie

useless27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Morris Excluded from Race 2

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2011.BARB.R14
Old 1 May 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2872657)   #38
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is ACTUALLY what happened....

Race 1 :-

Percat in 3rd, Morris in 4th approaching Kolb Corner (the back of the circuit, out of site of everyone but a few people on the ground)
Morris dives into the corner from many car lengths back....

Thumps into Percat's drivers side, running him wide letting Scott M and David R through, with all 4 heading into the last corner almost as 1.

still in formation, all 4 cars round turn 1 - 2 - 3 with Morris one up and one wide heading into the narrowest part of the circuit, and the inevitable results with him being popped out to the left and into the wall...

Morris goes 2 laps down, and then slows to let all by but Percat, for in his mind he has just been taken "out" but in actual fact was a victim of being on the outside approaching the esses.... not a good place to be!!

Morris then plays hardball with Percat, and finally runs him wide with about 8 to go over the back of the curb into the start finish straight, and Percat grinds the sump plug out of the gearbox, game over DNF after mechanical blackflag....

Race 2 :-

Morris starts in 22nd and promptly cuts a tyre on something on lap 1, pitting and then rejoining once again conveniently in front of Percat....

Percat then cleanly passes Morris which then brings the hits from behind in the following laps....

Percat stretches a gap over Morris for it to close back up under safety car, and then the process starts again with Morris tapping away on the rear bar and doors until lap 25 of 28 when he decides in a pre meditated act to turn Percat around at turn 1 with 4 hits to the rear quarter....

A token gesture, Morris is excluded (wow that will cost him plenty)

There should be a rule introduced that allows only drivers that have NOT completed a full season in the main game to drive in the DVS...

V8supercars need to act now, as their category is bordering on a circus with this sort of stuff going on....
Old 2 May 2011, 00:35 (Ref:2872671)   #39
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Fujitsu Series is largely a circus, and Morris seems to calamity in and out at will.

You have to wonder now that PMM is heading towards being a satellite 888 team if Morris isn't become the Mad Hatter to protect Andrew Thompson.

Now that Percat is so far out of the points, it will be interesting to see if:

A) Morris runs at the next Fujitsu round

B) If Morris continues to pick on Percat

C) If Morris starts to pick on another contender

D) If the stewards do anything of any real substance given Roland's alleged influence over the Fujitsu pitlane and Category Manager
Old 2 May 2011, 01:10 (Ref:2872674)   #40
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PM should be told do not ever return.

What we did see at the track all week end was just stupid.

Friday Brake testing driver's!

Saturday Brake testing and blocking Nic ( after being 2 laps down! )

Sunday Taking Nick out after telling everyone he would. ( After being 1 lap down )

This Clown that is Paul Morris needs to be removed from the motorsport scene all together!
Old 2 May 2011, 02:13 (Ref:2872688)   #41
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morris v. Percat, Round 2? - we have to wait until the circus head to Townsville.
Percat will still race, with WP in his corner, he can claw his way back.
As for Morris...stick to enduros, the last thing we need is more headlines out of the Fujitsu Series than the big show.
As for main game teams influencing the running of the Fujitsu Series...are we becoming like the NASCAR Nationwide Series, more level 1 teams trying to stop true youngsters and privateers from showing their talents...
COME ON PEOPLE...let them run their own races...without politics!!!
Old 2 May 2011, 04:05 (Ref:2872701)   #42
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of Percat's attitude or how he's perceived by other drivers, Morris' actions were disgraceful and unwarranted.
Old 2 May 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2872925)   #43
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1 View Post
There should be a rule introduced that allows only drivers that have NOT completed a full season in the main game to drive in the DVS...
That would have excluded a lot of people, such as Jason Richards, Jack Perkins and Andrew Thompson this year... plus last year ruled out Steve Owen, Shane Price, Marcus Marshall, Cameron McConville, Craig Baird, David Reynolds, David Besnard, etc...
Old 3 May 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2873413)   #44
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just get rid of Morris. He has been a thorn in the side of motor racing with his I have plenty of spares and no talent thug approach to racing for too long.
Cant stand the man, his arrogance or his attitude.

My opinion.
Old 3 May 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2873489)   #45
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just get rid of Morris. He has been a thorn in the side of motor racing with his I have plenty of spares and no talent thug approach to racing for too long.
Cant stand the man, his arrogance or his attitude.

My opinion.

For a little while I thought he hamed it up a bit for the media. No, he is nothing more than a poorly talented spoilt rich kid, riding on the coat tails of his daddys money.

Remember the F1 support race in 2000 when he destroyed Crompton's FTR Falcon. Was told not to bother turning up to the following Perth round as punishment. Yet a court visit thanks to dad and there he was on the grid at Perth.
3 or so years later back at Albert Park, Dumbrell has an off and comes back onto the track wiping out Morris in the process. Both Morris Snr and Jnr squealed like stuck pigs over it, demanding Dumbrell pay for the damage.

Pitty Dumbrell didn't cough up, it would have set a nice precedent. Morris would have been flat broke and out of the game years ago!
Old 4 May 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2873966)   #46
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be suspended if not removed from the series.
Old 12 May 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2879214)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
telecast is this Saturday at 12.30
Old 14 May 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2880158)   #48
Driver TBA
Veteran

I watched the races today.

If I was Percat / WP, I would be furious that Morris was allowed to participate in race 2 after hearing Morris and his clown race engineer in race 1.

If CAMS & VESA have any balls they should suspend his licence for 12 months and then put him on strict probation after that. His flog race engineer should be told to take a holiday too for egging him on.

Percat did nothing wrong and I'll be cheering hard for him to win the champion now.
Old 14 May 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2880184)   #49
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I watched the races today.

If I was Percat / WP, I would be furious that Morris was allowed to participate in race 2 after hearing Morris and his clown race engineer in race 1.

If CAMS & VESA have any balls they should suspend his licence for 12 months and then put him on strict probation after that. His flog race engineer should be told to take a holiday too for egging him on.

Percat did nothing wrong and I'll be cheering hard for him to win the champion now.
Want happen:

There is plenty of area's covered in the NCR's and CAMs manual, to have a driver suspended etc, but it would be funny that the guy owns a business where you can be evalulated for a CAMS license would have his suspended.

http://www.ozracingwrap.com/general/...-licenses.html
Old 14 May 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2880310)   #50
Driver TBA
Veteran

With the team owner managing to filter is intellect down though his team (his race engineer was proof of that) its no wonder they've managed to take the fastest cars in the field including technical support and turn them into some of the slowest.