Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1243897)   #26
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Question is how long has P1 got left...?

I'm working on an article on the future of Le Mans, its classes and the manufacturers at the moment... and I can't see P1 lasting out 2006. I really can't.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 01:34 (Ref:1243943)   #27
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins

I'm working on an article on the future of Le Mans, its classes and the manufacturers at the moment... and I can't see P1 lasting out 2006. I really can't.
with what information are you basing that on?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1244092)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

What an outrageous statement!!! Trust the evidence will follow.....
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1244415)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think this is nonsense.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1244935)   #30
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the new LMP cars which are coming along have put a stronger breath of life onto the category. I think SS_Collins could well be referring to manufacturer involvement, of which only Audi and Bentley have done anything whatsoever really in the last 4-5 years or so. However, with manufacturers looking towards coming back, I think P1 has a long while to go just yet before it becomes exhausted.

Speaking of manufacturer involvement... anyone see the Autosport articles, mainly regarding Maserati? says somewhere in the latest mag about Mercedes being amongst the manufacturers eyeing up an entry in the FIA GT championship anytime soon...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1245004)   #31
tblincoe
Veteran

i think that come 2006 ss_collins is going to be proven very wrong... i'm not going to go into the details again, but we shall see.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1245028)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In 2006 LMP1 will be experincing the same kind of boom we are currenty seeing in LMP2, with all of the usual suspects producing there new customer LMP1 chassis, plus Audi and at least two other major manufactuers entering.

Current LMP2 teams will also be gathering experience to graduate to LMP1 in the coming years.

Finally prototypes have a sensible class structure and the right series, the LMES, to attract the teams.

The class that I can forsee real problems for is GT1. If the MC12 dominates, if not in terms of outright pace, then consitency over a race distance, every other 'regular' GT1 car like the Corvette and 575 will become obsolete!

Last edited by JAG; 6 Mar 2005 at 22:19.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 01:03 (Ref:1245128)   #33
tblincoe
Veteran

this is my general feeling too JAG... except for GT1. the MC12 will be reprofiled in order to run in full ACO competition, so i dont see a real problem occuring with a within-regs MC12. if anything, at least Aston Martin and Corvette will match the speed of this car as they have the knowledge/will power/money to do so...
Old 7 Mar 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1245529)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
In 2006 LMP1 will be experincing the same kind of boom we are currenty seeing in LMP2, with all of the usual suspects producing there new customer LMP1 chassis, plus Audi and at least two other major manufactuers entering.

Current LMP2 teams will also be gathering experience to graduate to LMP1 in the coming years.

Finally prototypes have a sensible class structure and the right series, the LMES, to attract the teams.
Agree

ss_collins were do you publish your article?