Wilson 3 2.52%
Adam Ashmore 11 9.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jan 2004, 22:37 (Ref:826806)   #26
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is tough!

But I went with Webber, Alonso, and Trulli, yes, Trulli!

I expect big things out of Jarno this year. He cannot possibly have the bad luck of last year yet again.

I do like this Button character though, he'll bring new life to that BAR team...

Danica Patrick
Old 3 Jan 2004, 23:10 (Ref:826874)   #27
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, Fisichella, Button. Tough to exclude Webber, but I'm still not sold on him.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 23:24 (Ref:826900)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
enemy-ace is hiding in the shadows, Jordi stepped up as well. So who are the other 9 people that voted for Jacques?

Alonso in front (shocker)
Old 3 Jan 2004, 23:26 (Ref:826906)   #29
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guess who.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 00:56 (Ref:826997)   #30
DaveOrama
Rookie

DaveOrama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I chose Webber and Alonso ,and that was it. None of the others apart from perhaps Button, appear to have the right mental approach at this time. It doesn't matter what stats / championships a driver has in his resume, if his mental strength isn't there, all we can do is applaud them for past deeds.

Next years moves should be interesting if Flavio should get Webber beside Alonso. These guys aren't great (yet) but it reminds me of the cool calculating approach of Prost v's the fiery passion of Senna....
Old 4 Jan 2004, 04:59 (Ref:827120)   #31
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for me Webber Button and yes Villeneuve
Old 4 Jan 2004, 05:54 (Ref:827144)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso, Webber and fisi... pretty easy!

no offence Adam

Last edited by ralf fan; 4 Jan 2004 at 05:56.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 18:28 (Ref:827534)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks for your votes guys.

My choice (obviously etiquette forbids me from voting for myself): Alonso, Fisi and Webber in, I think, that order.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 22:34 (Ref:827719)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
(obviously etiquette forbids me from voting for myself):
Go on, just this once, where would you put yourself?
Old 4 Jan 2004, 22:52 (Ref:827736)   #35
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss Heinz in the poll, I'm sure he'd have a few votes too.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 22:54 (Ref:827738)   #36
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, Webber, Fisichella, Button and Villeneuve are the only ones above 10 votes...
Old 5 Jan 2004, 00:03 (Ref:827797)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
thanks for your votes guys.

My choice (obviously etiquette forbids me from voting for myself): Alonso, Fisi and Webber in, I think, that order.
You should be quite proud Adam, more votes that Sato, Klien and a few others have managed

You sure you arent hankering for the 2nd Jordan seat?
Old 5 Jan 2004, 01:11 (Ref:827845)   #38
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Alonso
2. Button
3.Webber
Old 5 Jan 2004, 06:58 (Ref:827968)   #39
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
No Badoer option?
Now why would have an OK tester who did nothing in 7 years (correct me if im wrong) of F1, not even one measly point?

For the record, i chose Trulli, Webber, Button in no particular order.

Alonso is great, but im waiting for 04 for him to prove himself.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 12:25 (Ref:828225)   #40
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso, Fisi and Heidfeld.

Its a sorta Minardi/Sauber/Renault thing.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 11:15 (Ref:829290)   #41
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, Webber, Button.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 6 Jan 2004, 17:52 (Ref:829670)   #42
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Skam, Badoer did not get one single point because he drove for Scuderia Italia, Minardi and Forti. Hardly top teams... He was going to be 4th at Nürburgring 99 but his car decided otherwise.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 18:27 (Ref:829699)   #43
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like many others, I think the best ones despite the Top Three Team drivers are Alonso, Webber and Button. Fisichella and Heidfeld have good potential but aren't in a good shape now.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 00:01 (Ref:830040)   #44
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisi, Alonso, Webber all have shown they deserve to be in a top team.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 00:34 (Ref:830066)   #45
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi blew button away in the same car... and still has not consistantly been beaten by his team mates.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 00:55 (Ref:830076)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Skam, Badoer did not get one single point because he drove for Scuderia Italia, Minardi and Forti. Hardly top teams... He was going to be 4th at Nürburgring 99 but his car decided otherwise.
But why is it that Badoer was never offered more? Even Ferrari thought he wasn't up to the job in 99 when they could quite easily have used him to replace Michael.

The reason these drivers drive for these teams is because they are not good enough to fill a top seat.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 01:32 (Ref:830092)   #47
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say Alonso, Panis & Fisi
Old 7 Jan 2004, 02:08 (Ref:830109)   #48
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO F1's level of competition has only increased over of time with teams and I believe the same has happened with drivers.

Drivers become bigger after they're gone then when they're actually active. Look at MS. People acknowledge him as great, but does he really feel like the stuff of legends? 10 years from now he will be. I'm sure this will angre some, but from my limited viewing of the '93 season on F1 Decade I can't see how Senna lives up to his greatest ever reputation. Mika is viewed as great, yet he often had a much better car than MS and you can't say he ever seemed comparable to MS. Look at the drivers active today and you often see driving performances that are in MS's league.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 03:35 (Ref:830155)   #49
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the majority are right again. Good old democracy may just work.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 05:40 (Ref:830211)   #50
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Adam, how good does it feel to be ranked above names like Trulli, Sato, Panis, Klien, Massa, Gene, Wurz, Firman, McNish, Pizzonia, Verstappen & Wilson?