Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Mar 2004, 03:17 (Ref:904046)   #26
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just curving off main topic GTR , can you tell me if Fred Gibson has any involvement in V8'S or likely to have in the future....like maybe his own race team again..seems a big waste of talent to me..:confused:
Old 13 Mar 2004, 03:24 (Ref:904049)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fred Gibson still runs RaceGear with Noel Watson, which supplies various official merchandise to events like the Bathurst 1000.

There were whispers for some time that Mr Gibson was looking towards the triple diamond option to entry into Supercar, however I am not sure what should be made of Mr Heaphy's deal to look after Ralliart car construction and development for the ARC and possibly GTP as well... perhaps Mr Gibson is involved in some way, but nothing is confirmed.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Mar 2004, 03:29 (Ref:904050)   #28
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info....I hope that triple diamond whisper is true...now that really would put the FOX in the fowlhouse....
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:05 (Ref:905453)   #29
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, hypothetically speaking... if PWR decided that a break from the HRT t!t was in order, how would that impact their racing program? Are there enough gun-for-hire engine builders about, and enough in-house technology to pick up the gauntlet if they had to source engines elsewhere, or run that program in-house?
and the flipside; if MS thinks he's getting a raw deal on his shells, where can he look for alternatives?

Not that I expect anything of the sort to come about of course.

Feel free to discourage my speculation on this topic if required
Old 15 Mar 2004, 08:37 (Ref:905600)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why discourage what could well happen?

Engine builders are hard to find to some extent. There are experts in the field who are around (hopefully on watertight deals) such as TKR supplier Neil Burns, who has a wealth of knowledge and could hit the ground running if the budget was in place...

Having a HMS-prepped powerplant in the current vehicle may help the development progress on an 18 degree VX motor, but will do very little for an Aurora program

Body shells are not necessarily an issue either, if the proprietary technology for developing the stress analysis is retained by HRT/HMS, then there are contractors such as Peter Muir's Bond Roll Bars who are more than capable of nailing shells together to customer specifications. The only issue would be the other work that business does, in terms of translating learnings and possible intellectual property, but these are controllable in a confidentiality arrangement.

Anything could happen here, and probably will
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:14 (Ref:905636)   #31
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There might be a few 'chassis' read rollcage alterations needed now that this series is run under the FIA.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:16 (Ref:905639)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It isnt directly under the FIA just yet. Although it is coming, and for something like that I am betting AVESCO will negotiate a grandfather clause for a few years, like the lightweight shell scenario...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:08 (Ref:947717)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Noise around and about suggests that the departure of PWR from the Clayton compound and into the new home in Dandenong is imminent! Despite the press releases suggesting otherwise....

Seems there is a level of expectation difference between the standard, quantity and specification of equipment supplied from the HMS mothership to the PWR operation relative to its (mindblowing!) costs.

Seems Tasman may be invited to take PWR's place in the pecking order at HMS....

... or so I have been told....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:33 (Ref:947743)   #34
pete55
Veteran

A 2 car team lead by Greg Murphy
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:39 (Ref:947749)   #35
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't a Tasman relocation always expected??
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:42 (Ref:947752)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yes but the team keeps denying it in the press...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:48 (Ref:947761)   #37
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe you were right earlier then, GTR. Steve and Trev may be awaiting for funding before they let their baby fly from the nest...?

Besides, we all know what denial is, don't we? It's delayed admittal.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 10:23 (Ref:948774)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
All is not what it may seem at Tasman... although if PWR is off to Clayton, then the force behind the Murphy family getting their backsides into gear and actually concluding their deal becomes all the more urgent.

What has me befuddled is that John Kelly Motorsport (the owner of Kmart Racing) has a racing workshop in Mildura, (which iswhere Brock's Aussie Safari Rodeo is being prepped) which seems nonsensical considering the huge megapalace at Clayton...

.. or are more moves afoot?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2004, 10:30 (Ref:948783)   #39
Just Do It!
Veteran

Your intimate knowledge just never ceases to amaze!

You are a thoroughly wasted talent as a beanie!!

So what's the situation?? Conclude the deal??
Old 23 Apr 2004, 10:36 (Ref:948793)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I probably am wasted as a beanie, but havent really figured out how I could ever turn the knowledge into $100 notes...

Well Mr Kelly's construction company has been given the nod to build the new Macquarie Goodman business park at Clayton, on the old Nissan site that is the current home to HRT/HSV/PWR/KRT... that business also built the elswisho HSV front end too....

... presumably this means they arent going anywhere for a while.... but it seems odd that there is a workshop in Mildura and one in Clayton....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2004, 10:44 (Ref:948806)   #41
Just Do It!
Veteran

Could you "out fax" Racefax? Not that I want to see a Whitlock demise - it's just an idea!

I have others if you want to know...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 10:46 (Ref:948808)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I shall sit here in my cave and remain envious of Mr Roworth's new equity position in PWR Performance Products....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2004, 12:44 (Ref:948956)   #43
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(My 1st post)I have worked in motorsport many years.
Just over a year ago I was told to have a look a internet forum & read a post by GTRMagic which was so true I laughed for weeks, since then I now follow the motorsport forums with interest " just looking".
Your contribution to motorsport shows great passion, and I always look forward to your posts, instead of the "I hate ford or holden" posts.
Keep up the good work.
That's right I registered to tell you there is no CNC's or CAD software in the Dandenong workshop you mentioned.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 12:48 (Ref:948964)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So where did the Catia CAD software, the mountain of HP-supplied hardwarem and the 3 axis CNC machines end up...

They were all on show when Mr Heaphy was demonstrating the finer points of the facility to some tyre kickers not all that long ago....

And thank you for the kind words
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:06 (Ref:948991)   #45
Techo
Racer

CNC's sold off.
Catia deal (software not hardware)for year 2003 only.
Could of been a good 2003 with CL, front row Sandown -power track- his last race for them in AU.
This is FUN !
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:15 (Ref:949001)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
HP were an off-car supporter in Lowndes' time with the team, indeed he wore the logo on his sleeves....

Presumably the engine dyno is still in place??

And you are right, this is fun
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:44 (Ref:949042)   #47
Techo
Racer

Dyno's there.
PWR to Dandenong talk looks to be on the money.
Dencar thing is interesting !
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:52 (Ref:949051)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well Allan Heaphy was supposed to be running the newly developed version of Ralliart Australia out of one of the 2 factory units.... now as I understand it, PWR owns 13A and 13B... so it has me wondering if Mr Heaphy is a PWR employee....

The Dencar thing could be really bad for HMS, considering the intellectual property inherent in chassis construction would be with Dencar.. now if they are going to install some sexy brand new CNC stuff, get a new drawing room up and running, combined with the existing engine labs... conceptually PWR could supply turn key race or rally cars....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2004, 14:00 (Ref:949061)   #49
Techo
Racer

We will have to wait and see.
PWR & Ralliart Seperate operations competely.
Dencar & HMO would have some type of contract.
Who knows, everything at a price.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 14:00 (Ref:949062)   #50
pete55
Veteran

I would have thought PWR would go with Toyota if they entered V8 Supercars and not Mitsubishi.