Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers mate
Old 30 Aug 2000, 18:04 (Ref:34012)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
No problemo dude!

Les, are you gonna come and say hello this time ? By the sounds of it, there will be quite an encampment on the Saturday...
Old 30 Aug 2000, 18:12 (Ref:34016)   #28
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aw shucks, Rick paid me a compliment. That doesn't happen to me on ten tenths

Looks like you guys are going to have to party without me. I've got a wedding to go to in Luton on Saturday (8th) as I suspected. I may still drive up to Oulton on Saturday night but it will be late but can only do that if I can stay in someone's tent.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 18:20 (Ref:34022)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
How CAN we party without you Lorna ? Get yourself up there!

Sharing a tent ? You carry on like that, you'll get Invader all excited again - and it'll not do the old boys heart any good.

I have a spare tent - just get yourself there!
Old 30 Aug 2000, 18:32 (Ref:34027)   #30
Lorna
Veteran

I can't miss my mate's wedding! I can probably leave a bit early but I can't miss his wedding. He's been a good mate to me over the years. I'll drive straight from Luton to Oulton.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 18:58 (Ref:34036)   #31
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He he he he he - Can I stop smiling now???

OK i'm smiling - thanks Rick I will look forward to seeing you again at Oulton.

Hope you like the new pics from Brands . .have to admit the originals are loads better
Old 30 Aug 2000, 19:00 (Ref:34039)   #32
Lorna
Veteran

You have definitely made Woody's day, Rick.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 21:57 (Ref:34069)   #33
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you're still smiling Woody - I noticed everyone's being careful to avoid insulting you now that you have a pass ;-)

Before all the power went to his head a few pages ago, Rick said I had the details for your pass so if you don't already have my e-mail addy, it's rebecca.a@ntlworld.com (or use my 10 Tenths one it doesn't matter)or my mobile is 07719 148 402...and that means I finally get to meet you!

I don't have your e-mail address so if you mail me we can arrange something?

Rebecca.
Old 31 Aug 2000, 05:32 (Ref:34154)   #34
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carry on smiling Woody - you are going to enjoy that. Envious of Pit lane pass but it will come sometime (won't it Rick). Remember to take the camera!

I will definitely make the effort this time to join up with you all. Hubby is going off to watch Crewe Saturday afternoon to watch his beloved Norwich get thrashed again so I'll need some cheering up when he returns with a very long face.

I've got Lornas mobile but if anyone wants to give me theirs or ask for mine then email me please - either kl.hayes@tesco.net or l.hayes@claas.com

Old 31 Aug 2000, 08:20 (Ref:34169)   #35
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new pics are awesome! Absolutely over the moon to see them and also the report in Autosport! Star Drive! My world is complete!
Woody, you will need my mobile to check the location of the pass when you arrive on Sat as I think Cool_running is only coming up on the Sunday... she'll mail it to you when you get in touch. You'll need to be at Oulton by 10 if you want to make the pitwall.
Les, I forgot you'd not had the pitlane treatment, we'll rectify that ommision at some stage, I promise...

Now all I need is a touring car drive for next year!
Old 31 Aug 2000, 18:32 (Ref:34265)   #36
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
You deserved it from the race I was watching, Mr P - good work. You realise though, now you've proved you can do it, you're just gonna have to go out and repeat the feat at Oulton Park...

I love the photo of you in Autosport, BTW! Have you seen the doctor about your grassy offs ?
Old 31 Aug 2000, 18:57 (Ref:34272)   #37
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I should have had my photos back today, but once again Max Spielman has screwed things up I just hope they've turned out considering my camera's battery was on it's last legs at Brands. If the photos are any good watch out for some more Rick P photos appearing on this forum very soon
Everybody make sure you've got your cameras at Oulton, in my opinion it's the best track there is for photography!
Old 31 Aug 2000, 21:44 (Ref:34291)   #38
Lorna
Veteran

Hopefully I will have my new battery for my camera by then. Maisie? Chris? How's the order looking?
Old 1 Sep 2000, 08:57 (Ref:34371)   #39
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still waiting for the order to turn up, I'm afraid. I would've thought it'd be there by now. If I don't get it within posting time of Oulton, I'll bring it to the circuit, but really it should be here in the next couple of days (fingers crossed).
Old 1 Sep 2000, 18:50 (Ref:34428)   #40
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Sorry been 'webless' the last couple of days but I'm back.
I will def. meet up with you Saturday - Sunday is no good as we sit on the outside at Knickerbrook. Should be there for breakfast.
I'm usually found in the paddock or at the first corner or just beyond so give me a call on 0403 755961 (as long as the battery lasts!) and let's meet - well us girls any way.
Please bring your photos so I can have a snoot and I'll bring mine.
Old 1 Sep 2000, 19:02 (Ref:34430)   #41
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
pah! OK, ****** to you then! You might be out of luck if you don't want to meet the blokes though - as we usually watch from over there too...

BTW, probably best not to give out phone numbers and the like on a public forum like this - nutters like Davy might get hold of it and keep pestering you all day...!
Old 1 Sep 2000, 21:58 (Ref:34470)   #42
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The big question - do I wander over for qualifying on Saturday or not?

If there is any hint of an airhorn within 500 yards, I'm staying at home. I could probably hear it just as well from there.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 08:40 (Ref:34522)   #43
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Point taken about the mobile.

I would have introduced myself to you earlier in the season if one Clio driver had introduced us but never mind - better late than never.

As said driver has passed on an excellent copy of Knockhill in car action - who wants a copy?
Old 2 Sep 2000, 10:22 (Ref:34531)   #44
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's one enthusiastically raised and waved hand from me then
Old 3 Sep 2000, 21:00 (Ref:34824)   #45
davy
Rookie

davy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

THE BIG QUESTION IS...... AS ME BEING WOODYS OTHER HALF, AM I GOING TO GET INVITED AS WELL?????????????????????
Old 3 Sep 2000, 22:53 (Ref:34858)   #46
davy
Rookie

davy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

hey craig, i only bug people who, well how can i say it without getting thrown out.....ARSE!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 07:50 (Ref:34895)   #47
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davy,
If you had gallantly defended Woody as she deserved in the face of the barrage of abuse she was having to contend with, you might have earnt a pass...
If you had been jumping up and down and cheering so loudly as the podium truck passed that you were endangering the eardrums of all around, you might have earnt a pass...

Les,
OK, I know I didn't manage to introduce everyone to everyone else but I though you all knew each other... I didn't realise I was the random link in the middle!

Maisie,
I warn anyone accepting pirate copies of my on board Knockhill tape from "Contraband Video" Les that there are conditions attached: It must be watched with the volume high enough to make your ears bleed, sitting 6 inches from the tv screen. No laughing at my appalling start nor flinching when I prove you can get a Clio all the way down Duffus Dip on just 2 wheels when the brakes have faded...
RickP:Clio33
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:26 (Ref:34977)   #48
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Last offer on the tapes - if you want one get in touch.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:43 (Ref:34982)   #49
Ross
Rookie

Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at Oulton should be wikid, look for a big geezer with a St Andrews flag and hat!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:49 (Ref:34983)   #50
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Les, any chance of a look at that video ?