Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2007, 08:34 (Ref:1842929)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos
You wonder whether if Todd Kelly finds a home elsewhere in 08, will you see Mr Seton in the 2nd HRT car...
Sounds like a nice plan
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Feb 2007, 09:14 (Ref:1842953)   #27
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seaton's days at the front are over. Whats the bet that HRT cross enter him in both 2 and 22 at Bathurst. When they work out his lap times are too slow he will be pushed into 22. Do you really think HRT want to let 888 win again in 08 with a gun driver pair?
Old 16 Feb 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1843018)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X05
Ex Ford man signs with the Holden factory team !

Sorry Skaife, Hasn't this pcture been done before??? Oh yeah thats right 21Years ago, Brocky and Moff beat ya to it!
Perhaps Holden are sentimental after all....if it is indeed the 21st anniversary of doing it previous.

Sorry, I know this post will drive some of you semi-mental, but good on you Glenn. Just make sure that you are in the car at Bathurst for the final stint....and on the job sheet on Saturday night, get all parts under $10 changed.....Supercar part inflation has been a bit cruel since....
Old 16 Feb 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1843083)   #29
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's the corporate colours & all but red pants are just not a good look on blokes.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 12:39 (Ref:1843098)   #30
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seton is supposed to be keen to run a development series team. I wonder if this is why he has taken this route.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1843099)   #31
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CL moved to Ford from Holden...yeah yeah we now he had a cotrina etc etc
Us holden supporters moved on. GS moves to Holden after a lifetime in Ford...yeah yeah get over it move on.....Im happy to have him ( i think)
but you guys in Blue got the better deal with CL........

anyway not a bad second string driver and its been fun to dish it up to my Blue mates and Seton supporters today...............CANT WAIT for the HRT Poster ...hah !
Old 16 Feb 2007, 14:24 (Ref:1843177)   #32
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
Yes Lowndes had had a lot of success with Holden but it had only been a short period of time compared to how long people have been supporting Glenn driving Fords so it will take a while for people to adjust. It's nothing new lots of drivers have driven for different manufactures for as long as motorsport has been around & sometimes fans follow & sometimes they don't.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 03:28 (Ref:1843530)   #33
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The title of the thread is fairly pointless. Ford had every opportunity to hire GS, but passed, and lets face it he is not going to get any faster.

If they didn't want him now why would they want him any time in the future.

I'm just happy Glenn can boost his super with some of HRT's budget.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 04:16 (Ref:1843533)   #34
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
If they didn't want him now why would they want him any time in the future.
SHUSH! Stop saying these scary horrible realistic words

There are women, children and Seton-nutcases reading this website too. Have some respect and put your manners back in
Old 17 Feb 2007, 06:37 (Ref:1843548)   #35
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase3
Now I know how all the holden fans felt at the defection of all their boys to Ford.............
I for one are getting used to it!
It all started for me way back in about 1976, when Colin Bond left H.D.T. and went and drove with Moff! In those Awesome M.FDT Coupes! That was back in the days of brand loyalty ! More so, then now!
Old 17 Feb 2007, 06:58 (Ref:1843552)   #36
A9X05
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVO
SHUSH! Stop saying these scary horrible realistic words

There are women, children and Seton-nutcases reading this website too. Have some respect and put your manners back in
OK! OK1 STEVO! It ok! You have the all usual symptoms Mate all you need is a big hug! Plus be introduced slowly to all things "RED" C'mon It will be ok in the end! Now dont be afraid I can understand! I have been through it myself, Be a big man, You have to face your "RED" demons! It will pass with time, I can assure you! You can be rest assured that Glenn is one very happy man!
I am not quite sure about the speaking in the Tom Cruise tongue, that is of concern, that has got me stumped at the moment?
Old 17 Feb 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1843566)   #37
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one here who sees V8Supercar as 17 teams who just happen to race Holdens or Fords instead of 16 cars run by directly by Ford, and 15 cars run by Holden?

There are 17 teams witj which Seton can deal with, so why not maximise your chances of winning? HRT, like DJR was two years ago, another former fierce rival who he drives with.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 20:56 (Ref:1843948)   #38
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much sentiment and not too much sense in the Seton saga - Seton has hardly registered at the front half of the field in the last ten years and has never been a great marketing tool for whom ever was sponsoring his team at the time , also Ford and (Nissan before them) never utilized Setons services in pushing their products , sorry , but where Seton ends up is about as exciting as where Longhurst ends up - Ford haven't really lost him as they no longer had any ties to him and IMHO Seton would be stupid not to take any drive offered , I cant see Seton being too concerned with upsetting the few fans that he may have with his accepting a HRT drive.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 23:34 (Ref:1844049)   #39
STEVO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X05
I am not quite sure about the speaking in the Tom Cruise tongue, that is of concern, that has got me stumped at the moment?
A nice touch though wasn't it? To really illustrate what kind of mental state I'm in at the moment, I've accepted Tom Cruise's offer to join scientology . . .but for only two events in the year, one church service in September and a really holy one in October

Seems there are two evil "Uncle Tom's" in the world right now recruiting pure holy people to join their wicked cult

And don't you go offering me red things you evil-do-er! I'll accept this decision when I'm good and ready!

Meh. . . .I'm warming to it
Old 18 Feb 2007, 00:06 (Ref:1844063)   #40
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I thought it'd never happen .
Old 18 Feb 2007, 02:57 (Ref:1844103)   #41
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, at Bathurst in October we'll keep an eye out for the guy wearing an HRT enduro cap with the HRT logo cut off of it? :P
Old 18 Feb 2007, 03:02 (Ref:1844106)   #42
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Actually, while I am on this thread, I've been thinking.....

FPR, the factory team, didn't have a particular fancy to keep him for Season 2005. Tey wanted on of their current drivers, but I'm sure they wanted Craig.

I don't know if Ford or Glenn himself got Dick on board, but they didn't work out. Same with SBR, I don't know fi it was Glenn or Ford.

The guy himself has a desire to be in a competitive team, and who can blame him. Arguably, with the right car under him, he is still as quick as anyone on his day. Is he still stellar quick? Probably not, but he's still leagues ahead of half of the field.

So, the HOLDEN factory tea wanted him. Sure, Mark Skaife probably had alot to do with it, but they would NOT have gone ahead with the deal if Holden didn't want it.

Stevo, this will hurt - HOLDEN wants Glenn more than FORD does at this juncture! Could it change? I'm sure Ford will want their baby faced assassin back if he wins in red. But now he's seen Ford wish to promote the youth movement, will he want to be screwed over again?

Will Glenn have Ford back again is what we should be asking!

Stevo - If you'r lucky, HRT might release a BLUE series of shirts, just for Glenn's fiercest supporters!
Old 18 Feb 2007, 03:03 (Ref:1844108)   #43
STEVO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
So, at Bathurst in October we'll keep an eye out for the guy wearing an HRT enduro cap with the HRT logo cut off of it? :P
Nah that wont work! Because if I buy a HRT cap (never in a million f-ing years) my money will go to funding the evil-do-ers. So I think I'll just get my own t-shirts made in support of Glenn without any red on it. Anyone know any good t-shirt printers?
Old 18 Feb 2007, 03:18 (Ref:1844111)   #44
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Ahhh, but it then means you're paying Glenn as well!

Connundrum!
Old 18 Feb 2007, 03:25 (Ref:1844113)   #45
STEVO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05

Stevo - If you'r lucky, HRT might release a BLUE series of shirts, just for Glenn's fiercest supporters!
Even then I'm sure Skaife would put his name on the shirt too. . .

All jokes aside though, I really appreciate all you guys posting these words of support to help me out through this period. Just goes to show how serious we take our motorsport and it's good to see people can understand how being a passionate fan can bite you in the arse at times.

I'll be ok folks.

I'm hoping there's some in-depth reports in either AA or MNews next week and interview with Seton, Skaife and Price (not together obviously).
Old 18 Feb 2007, 07:13 (Ref:1844155)   #46
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl
Too much sentiment and not too much sense in the Seton saga - Seton has hardly registered at the front half of the field in the last ten years and has never been a great marketing tool for whom ever was sponsoring his team at the time , also Ford and (Nissan before them) never utilized Setons services in pushing their products , sorry , but where Seton ends up is about as exciting as where Longhurst ends up - Ford haven't really lost him as they no longer had any ties to him and IMHO Seton would be stupid not to take any drive offered , I cant see Seton being too concerned with upsetting the few fans that he may have with his accepting a HRT drive.
3 podiums at the last 4 Bathursts. If there is ANYONE with a better record than that in that same time, there can't be many. OK, he is slowing down, but he has good form for the events for which HRT have hired him.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1844206)   #47
A9X05
Racer

Quote:
A nice touch though wasn't it? To really illustrate what kind of mental state I'm in at the moment, I've accepted Tom Cruise's offer to join scientology . . .but for only two events in the year, one church service in September and a really holy one in October

Seems there are two evil "Uncle Tom's" in the world right now recruiting pure holy people to join their wicked cult

And don't you go offering me red things you evil-do-er! I'll accept this decision when I'm good and ready!

To join Tom C's inter sanctom of scientology, I have heard that they introduce you very slowly to all things red .First is you have to swallow a few "RED" M&M's, and by that time in October, you will be cleansed of all those Blue toxins! You will then find yourself cheering Glenn along and not feelling any pain whatsoever, Whilst wearing all your new Red team supporters gear! It will get easier
Old 18 Feb 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1844342)   #48
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
3 podiums at the last 4 Bathursts. If there is ANYONE with a better record than that in that same time, there can't be many. OK, he is slowing down, but he has good form for the events for which HRT have hired him.
I think the only other 2 is Rick Kelly (2 wins & a 2nd) & Craig Lowndes (win & 2 2nds) the winner & runner up in last years championship so he is in good company. Whincup & Todd have a win & a 2nd each.

Last edited by MRJUCY; 18 Feb 2007 at 14:10.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 06:22 (Ref:1845207)   #49
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I like Glenn, but those podiums had more to do with the speed of the co-driver & the abundance of safety cars in the last few years.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1845289)   #50
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know if he really is slowing down yet. I think work/sport performance can be affected by outside factors and certainly in the past few years he's been bumped around from team to team in not always the best cars/situations. As I've said before the whole Ford thing was getting a bit stale from my perspective.

I've been watching lately the huge archive of ATCC/V8S races back to 1990 on Dvd courtesy of chevron and I've noticed something. Watching Seton back in the 90's, the guy was always excited and always seemed to be enjoying the racing. Lately watching him has been quite the opposite. I remember bathurst 2003? when he was wearing a full face helmet and got so flustered and disturbed over it he went back to the old open face helmet in the middle of the race. I can still remember the look on his face and he didn't seem to want to be there. I think Seton is a emotional type that needs to be "loved" in his enviroment to perform well. He seems to be the type that if you put him in the corner and don't coddle him he wont perform. I think he needs more than the "you're the driver get in the car and drive". That's why him and DJ(THE Man From Queensland!) were never going to get along. And I think that's why HRT will work better. They WANT him there, he's not a second hand me down from Ford foisted on a team that doesn't really want em.