Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1631531)   #26
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Once again, Lewis has demonstrated that he is the ral deal - that pass was brave!
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1631535)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Great opportunistic move. Piquet was well and truly hung out to dry.

Oh, and Eurosport got their act act together as well. Welcome back, Martin Haven!
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1631543)   #28
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Great opportunistic move. Piquet was well and truly hung out to dry.

Oh, and Eurosport got their act act together as well. Welcome back, Martin Haven!
Cheers !!

It was a great race, wasn't it...

And, by the way, John Hindhaugh's wedding yesterday was fun too... Hottest day of the year - God really DOES love the Makems !!

What about the lag, viz-a-viz voice to picture... how far behind were we, if at all??
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1631546)   #29
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Looks like 2 cars less for the remainder of the season. After being excluded from race 2 for using parts other than supplied by Dallara, Durango boss Ivone Pinton apparently said to Italiaracing.net that he will not return to the series.

Big loss or opportunity for another team?
As ever, one party not quite stating the case as the other sees it... GP2 website gives official view... Durango admitted fixing both cars' wing supports themselves (illegal) and have been excluded for endangering drivers' lives...

http://www.gp2series.com/en/website/...ws=tcm:2-8789#

Sadly, not posted until after we went on air...
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1631561)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
What about the lag, viz-a-viz voice to picture... how far behind were we, if at all??
As far as I could tell, that was spot on today.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1631579)   #31
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
So, if (given today's showing, when) Hamilton gets a McLaren next year, can he do a Baghetti? He was DANCING today, Porteiro must have been dizzy trying to watch the ART in his mirrors.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1631612)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Nice thought, but I doubt if that's possible in today's F1. Besides, Baghetti had several non-Championship races before Rheims.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1631625)   #33
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Unlikely, I agree. But assuming he does get a McLaren you'd think that he had an immediate 1 in 6 chance - and that's not that bad a set of odds...
Old 11 Jun 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1631714)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I see the point, but it depends how next year's cars stack up. I wonder if McLaren will be hurt by the departure of Newey et al?
Old 11 Jun 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1631723)   #35
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like portiero was dq'ed for driving an illigally set up car. cant find info of this anywhere other than the racing engineering site. hang on maybe autosport will know.....yep. so thats glock 6th then.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1631842)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Once again two utterly stupendous drives from Lewis...

Cue frantic exclamation from me at top of voice (also nursing extensive hangover from day before) as the 3 cars go out of shot just before the Maggotts-Becketts complex:

"Oh my god there's gonna be a monumental shunt!!"

Followed by after short nervous anticipation:

"Phew, my god, how the hell did Lewis pull that one off?!!"

Piccione was faced with a simple decision, back off, as he was the meat, or get involved in what could've been the biggest accident so far in GP2!

Other than that, Carroll looked the driver we were used to seeing last year again didn't he?

And, Glock was pretty impressive too, I bet Viso's a bit choked by that form!
Old 11 Jun 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1631959)   #37
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Talking about Glock, does anyone know how his fastest lap in race 2 compares with the pace of Hamilton?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1632294)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Glock did a 1:32.276 compared with Hamilton's 1:31.313. The fastest laps after Lewis were set by Bruni (1:31.621) and Lopez (1:31.748).
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1632317)   #39
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver's who start at the back and try and get fastest laps try and give themselves clear air and a clear track so hold back, and don't charge through the field.
This could have been an option for Glock, but with Hamilton in top form it would have been a high risk option. As it is Glock went from the back to 7th and due to circumstances managed to get a point, which he probably wouldn't have got staying at the back and going for fastest lap.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1632332)   #40
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bloody fantastic second race, the people around me were absolutely stunned after the first lap, let alone the further overtaking moves. silly f1 fans, i stopped myself from suggesting they watch some other motorsport though..

the first race wasn't much cop, but that was probably because the screens didn't play the race, so you couldn't put a story to the cars going past.

i think the "important" thing about race 2 from a hamilton point of view is that he was actually overtaking and showing he's a very good racer. he's shown he's decent in the best car, and can capitalise on that. i can think of a couple of drivers being touted as decent who don't race, which is just daft.

i think there was a degree of educated hooliganism going on though, in that 3 car move lewis had the best line, i suppose. felt a bit sorry for piquet, he definitely got the poopy end of the stick in that move.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1632340)   #41
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bella,

I am actually quite a fan of Nelsinho - but when all is said and done, he's the one who put his car where it was, so can't complain (and unless I am wrong, nor has he, to his credit)
Old 12 Jun 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1632400)   #42
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
looks like portiero was dq'ed for driving an illigally set up car. cant find info of this anywhere other than the racing engineering site. hang on maybe autosport will know.....yep. so thats glock 6th then.
http://www.gp2series.com/en/website/...ews=tcm:2-8803
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1632610)   #43
Hawkeye2
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hawkeye2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone know when the races are next shown on TV?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1632636)   #44
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next (well, this I guess) weekend on ITV1 I imagine, I think they have delayed highlights a week after every race.

It'll be on eurosport again at some point no doubt.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1632676)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was an astonishing performance all weekend from Lewis.

I stood at Becketts in the morning, as I hadn't managed to on the Saturday, and I didn't regret it. That was brave stuff from all three drivers, if a little scary!

It seemed to shutup one particular punter, who proclaimed his disgust that GP2 was on because there is, and I quote, "no contact like in the touring cars". Which made me wonder why he was at a GP weekend really....
Old 12 Jun 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1632832)   #46
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

It seemed to shutup one particular punter, who proclaimed his disgust that GP2 was on because there is, and I quote, "no contact like in the touring cars". Which made me wonder why he was at a GP weekend really....
Apart from that, did Bernie enjoy it?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1632834)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, because the trackside facilities were appalling apparently.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1633043)   #48
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Glock did a 1:32.276 compared with Hamilton's 1:31.313. The fastest laps after Lewis were set by Bruni (1:31.621) and Lopez (1:31.748).
Thanks foxy. You've remarked one of the positive things that López did despite the dismal weekend he suffered.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1633052)   #49
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
medler:

scoring positions are top 6 for sprint races, not top 8.

glock missed the boat by one spot.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1633081)   #50
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question: Is a person, or sector, interested deliberately to ruin the career of José María López?
Because, during last GP2 races, he was hit by:
- Bruni, at Barcelona R1
- Negrao, at Silverstone R1
- And was involved on the Gommendy-Lapierre Monaco incident.

Perhaps is pure speculation and all these manoeuvres are racing incidents and casualities, but I have my suspects.