Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Sep 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1083631)   #26
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Vee8
Think about it ... presumably Rob Benson's brought in a whole heap of new thinking, are you gonna hand that technology on a plate to two blokes who are going to drive for rival outfits next year? If you're FPR, you know that you're getting what BJR already has, you don't want 888 and DJR getting on the same page as well!

This comes back to a previous mail of mine, about the dangers of allowing drivers to sign off new deals before the present season finishes. Suddenly you're having to exclude them from anything which involves future development, which has a strangely alienating effect on all involved ...
It could be a case of "whatever". Lowndes and Seton could get the win at Bathurst- wouldn't it be fabulous for them but maybe the writing is on the wall for them and FPR- time to move on, next year beckons and they want some results (just like FPR).

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 1 Sep 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1083693)   #27
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this not the greatest insult and yet another example of the FPR arrogance we have become accustomed too?

To not invite LOWNDES & SETON to the test session is... is... well I'm speechless. I truly am. This the chance to give the cars a shakedown before the big enduros and lets be honest. Are Youlden or Ritter going to extract any secrets from the car that Glenn & Craig couldn't?

This is insulting to say the least.

And then - I read this morning that Flint wasn't interested in keeping Glenn for the '05 season. And let's not forget Nick Fry's comments at Winton where all team members, including the drivers, needed to prove themselves to have a spot in the FPR team next year.

Wow! How to aggrivate a Seton supporter in one easy post.

Thankyou Mr Flint. Look for all your blue oval supporters next year at the DJR pits! Be sure to send us an autographed t-shirt of Macrow & Youlden. That'll give us something to be proud of...

Ok, the soapbox needs a rest for a bit

GOOOOOOOO SETON and DJR! Bye FPR, nice knowing ya.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1084232)   #28
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who said they weren't invited? Who knows if they were or weren't?

Jumping to conclusions don't you think?
Old 1 Sep 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1084237)   #29
smithers
Racer

Australia
smithers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't imagine that a team has to invite it's drivers to a test day! This is more a case of releasing them from the days duties i would have thought.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 23:36 (Ref:1084285)   #30
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasnt Owen Kelly at the test too? Menu, Ritter, Macrow, Jones, Youldon and Kelly?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 2 Sep 2004, 01:05 (Ref:1084322)   #31
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPR are completely f*&ed!!!!

I'm so glad both Lowndes & Seto are out of there.... Mr Flint has no idea about anything!!! Good luck next year FPR, you are going to need it!!! You had the perfect drive line up the last 2 years & got nothing out of it!!!.. No matter who they get for 05, it is going to be a step backwards from Seto/Lowndes combo!!!

And good effecct Menu.. Putting the #5 car out of a test day at a track like Winton (where are the walls to hit??)... Thank god they still don't test at PI, he would have writin the car off!!! What a complete waste of a test day!!!
Old 2 Sep 2004, 06:37 (Ref:1084432)   #32
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, like Seto did a few years ago???

Probably a smart move to not include GS and CL, allowed them to test some potentials for next year and get some time in the cars for the endurance drivers...
Old 2 Sep 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1084685)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by lcfp2297
What, like Seto did a few years ago???
Nah, just saved WG the trouble of writing it off...
#CANCERSUCKS