Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:46 (Ref:647523)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Ralf is a good driver and he did very well on Sunday. However, I reckon I am fairly safe in saying that Michael is a better driver than Ralf.

FLAME BAIT !!!!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:43 (Ref:647588)   #27
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah?! Well, Ralf won that thing, while Michael finished down in 5th! Now you tell me who's the better driver!

How's that for a flame bait?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:51 (Ref:647602)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... at least both have Schumacher in their names.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:56 (Ref:647608)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
:FLAME BAIT !!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
How's that for a flame bait?
You're right, ban that member
Old 30 Jun 2003, 20:01 (Ref:647624)   #30
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now we only need Wrex, and we'd have a right old party!

Oh yeah, he's in Syderney.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 21:32 (Ref:647772)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think both Ralf and Juan Pablo are very fine F1 drivers but Ralf was superb all this weekend. Comparing Montoya's pass of Michael's clearly slower Ferrari on Sunday with Ralf's failure to do so in Canada when the Ferrari was quicker is displaying a complete lack of objectivity. For a more constructive perspective of Ralf's performance in Canada perhaps you should read Alan Henry's comments in Autocar.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 22:24 (Ref:647825)   #32
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word to Ralf Schumacher, Thats How you overtake your Brother, you could learn something from that old Montoya you know,
Old 1 Jul 2003, 02:45 (Ref:647937)   #33
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Word to Ralf Schumacher, Thats How you overtake your Brother, you could learn something from that old Montoya you know,
Likewise, Monty could learn a thing or two from Ralf.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 03:02 (Ref:647948)   #34
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am just so glad Williams has two quality drivers and actually lets them race each other, while they race all the other teams. Great Job Ralph, Good job Juan. Go Williams
Look out Ron and Ross you may be crying more than usual

Last edited by boom boom; 1 Jul 2003 at 03:05.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 16:43 (Ref:648596)   #35
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garagegirl
[BI think ralf's just as good a driver as his brother, I wish people wouldn't compare them[/B]
Uhhh, I think you just did.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 16:46 (Ref:648598)   #36
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, great drive. He just waited Mercedes to blow, and then cruised to victory.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 1 Jul 2003, 17:19 (Ref:648631)   #37
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf drove round an empty circuit very quickly, without pasing a single car, and was unable to keep in front of the only car in front of him. It was a good drive but nothing for the vhs collection certainly.

I guess the main thing is he didn't make a mistake an was in the right place at the right time. But hey he started in second once the grid sorted itself out, and remained there. Just Raikkonen's engine blew - amazing race?

Montoya and Webber paced themselves and charged hard when they could, with Juan making a pass for position, he made his own good result. I think these two drivers had much better races.

Ralf won the race and he did well, but I don't think its his best race, or in need of being hyped.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 19:11 (Ref:648772)   #38
R
Veteran

Ralf - on a much heavier fuel load - qualified ahead of his teammate. Then he made a good start, kept a very good pace in the first stint (remember, he was still on a heavier tank than all other drivers near the front). He maintained a good pace throughout the race, and in the end won comfortably. I think branding it "outclassed" is too strong a term, but it certainly was a clear enough win.

Lord knows I've criticised him in the past. He deserves credit for this one.

Oh yeah, and he didn't pass anyone (except for TGF at the start) because he didn't have to.

Last edited by R; 1 Jul 2003 at 19:12.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 15:57 (Ref:649795)   #39
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver's don't run until the end of their tank all the time, R, as timing the pit-out for optimal track position is more important, as is tyre wear before the stop. We often see a fastest sector (or lap sometimes) set shortly after the pitstop. Fuel load is meaning less now as tyre perfromance haas become more important. All of the drivers being held up behind Ralf pitted earlier to try and optimise their track postion because they were losing time to the leader, Raikkonen. Ralf ran in the clear track and as long as he could to maximise his light load and clear track advantage. Whereas, Kimi was slightly lighter and pitted earlier, its fair to assume.

Anyway, perhaps in the French GP he will be in traffic and we will see him pass and he can prove so many people wrong.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 16:27 (Ref:649820)   #40
R
Veteran

Yes, fair points.