Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jun 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2907587)   #26
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Thanks Grant........Time for new glasses me thinks!
Old 28 Jun 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2907588)   #27
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
16 entries for the TGP... is that what its getting at other venues in Europe ?
Old 28 Jun 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2907636)   #28
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
16 entries for the TGP... is that what its getting at other venues in Europe ?

12, 15, 14 and 12 cars for the four rounds this year.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2907967)   #29
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
12, 15, 14 and 12 cars for the four rounds this year.
Hhhmmm... that's a pity, this used to be a good series.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2907984)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Problem with the Oliroy was old foam breaking up in the fuel tanks. We have had to take the chassis apart to get to them! All sorted ."i hope".Been offered another go in her which I have gratefully accepted. I love Brands GP.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2908057)   #31
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Iain, hope the Oliroy runs well for you at Brands.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 29 Jun 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2908190)   #32
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Ere Iain, whenever you see a yellow mug being waved at you on the track it's me hanging at the other end.

Not that I have ever done things like that before.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2908273)   #33
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More Horses...

Delta took my FJ up to the rolling road today, having been a bit confused as to why I was getting such fuel economy at Porto ... it turns out that 17 of my meagre 104 horses had been put out to pasture, they've been corralled back into the stables (new main jet)... bit concerned that not only is my fuel bill now going to double, but i'm also likely to arrive at Paddock Hill faster than i'm used to ... and to cap it all i've now got less excuses too ... Iain what are you doing to me! Let's see if i can make proper use of the extra power.

The Targa TR will be in the paddock, still wearing Aussie markings but won't be on track this weekend.

See you there.

James FJ*37
Old 30 Jun 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2908730)   #34
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FJ

I'll be watching you James!
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2909283)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
'Ere Iain, whenever you see a yellow mug being waved at you on the track it's me hanging at the other end.

Not that I have ever done things like that before.

Oh,really????????????There must be another Delta Tea Fan at Spa the Eddy.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2909644)   #36
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Delta took my FJ up to the rolling road today, having been a bit confused as to why I was getting such fuel economy at Porto ... it turns out that 17 of my meagre 104 horses had been put out to pasture, they've been corralled back into the stables (new main jet)... bit concerned that not only is my fuel bill now going to double, but i'm also likely to arrive at Paddock Hill faster than i'm used to ... and to cap it all i've now got less excuses too ... Iain what are you doing to me! Let's see if i can make proper use of the extra power.

The Targa TR will be in the paddock, still wearing Aussie markings but won't be on track this weekend.

See you there.

James FJ*37
Hang on James, if you didn't know about the horses being out in the pasture you couldn't have been using the lack of them as an excuse ... so nothing changes. Right?

Well, except that you can claim that the weight penalty of the extra fuel is worth a loss of time of, say, 1 second per litre perhaps. (You could make up any number - who will know?)

There. Not only horses back in their stalls but the excuses as well ... perfect.

Old 2 Jul 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2913813)   #37
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I understand that the Rawlson which we had hoped to see at the Snet 3 Hours will now be out at Brands. If there are any 10 -Tenth snappers going hope we get a pic of it.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2913851)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just had a look at the MST pdf (so far) and looks like Iain has got the Oliroy sorted- completing full qualifying session at least. Oh, and James Murray on pole in the Alexis, so obviously that is sorted also!

MST
Old 2 Jul 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2914010)   #39
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to further complement Burton Power on the quality of their produce ( no reply or even acknowledgement after 6 working days on my questions re the product)

Justin Murphy Qualified 2nd, 0.07s off pole and didn't even start the race, a 3rd oil pump failure for him this season, this one at least lasted 7 laps, better than the 7s of the last one ( which exploded a brand new oil cooler in his workshop!)

very dissapointing
Old 2 Jul 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2914065)   #40
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a nice day today to offset very stressful week (nothing to do with racing). Started on pole in my Elan in Historic Roadsports ( it was a shame Justin wasn't there in his Ginetta although strangely we're mostly using the same oil pumps) and then had a good consistent race to lead to the finish. The car had been horribly nervous in qualifying so dropped the rear end by a quarter inch and it was transformed. It might have been boring, nut Brands GP has to be one of the best circuits to drive -fast, smooth, flowing and challenging!

Hope everyone else had a good day....

Paul
HRS no 46
Old 2 Jul 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2914071)   #41
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant day
Old 3 Jul 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2914180)   #42
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Paul, It would seem not from Justins enquiries, there is an alternative. Well done on the win, sorry you didn't get harassed more for it!
Old 3 Jul 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2914187)   #43
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats to Paul, comiserations to Justin.

Now what was going on in the Guards Trophy? I was talking to Kev on the phone and he was giving me positions and live timing, and suddenly the lap times slowed right down, a couple of the frontrunners disappeared and the race stopped early. Oil, rain, accident? Anyway, I understand Nick Fleming won, so congrats to him.

I understand that James M finished 3rd virtually nothing covering the first 3, so sounds like a good one.

Anymore news from the Brands front?
Old 3 Jul 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2914189)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
( which exploded a brand new oil cooler in his workshop!)
I blew three oil coolers in the Capri in one weekend at Snet in 2009. I changed to a heat exchanger and solved the problem. Can't do that in App K though.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2914194)   #45
GSD
Rookie

GSD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Congrats to Paul, comiserations to Justin.

Now what was going on in the Guards Trophy? I was talking to Kev on the phone and he was giving me positions and live timing, and suddenly the lap times slowed right down, a couple of the frontrunners disappeared and the race stopped early. Oil, rain, accident? Anyway, I understand Nick Fleming won, so congrats to him.
Lots of oil on the racing line around much of the lap, a bit like the end of practice but worse! We had a good race in the 52 Merlyn, it became pretty obvious our tyres have seen better days a couple of laps in, but really enjoyied my first time racing at Brands. Fantastic weekend.

George Daws
Old 3 Jul 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2917252)   #46
davyboy
Veteran

Oil on the track seemed to have plagued most races yesterday. Somebody [Mike Whatley maybe] came through Paddock with the oil tank hanging off the back in the DBT spraying oil all over the racing line... I was petrified that we were going to have a pile up of precious F5000s... but thankfully everyone managed to see it and react in time. I guess oil on the track is the nature of the beast with historic machines.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2917281)   #47
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a brilliant race in the HFF1600 shame it was so early in the meeting. Managed Pole on friday to Ben M got a good start and Ben had his hands full with Robert Wainwright who was flying bearing in mind he hadn't raced for something like 18 months. After a couple of laps I had a slight lead just enough to break the tow then at the bottom of paddock a car had spun and ended up on the racing line with double waved yellow I slowed and Ben and co were able to catch up. After a couple of laps Ben made a move into surtees and got his braking slightly wrong sending us both a little wide, I rejoined in 4th about 5 sec down but Ben had a half spin and dropped well back so I had a great battle to get back to the front. Firstly going by Simon Toyne who I have to say was very polite and gave me a little room, then on to David Wild who was very fair but less so. Robert had a nice lead so I knuckled down and with a little help from back markers I caught him with a couple of laps to go. A nice slipstream manover got me passed but Robert was having none of that and returned the favour into dingle dell, (is that spelt correct??) one more slipstream and I was back in front for the final lap I kept in the lead untill I ran a little wide at the corner before Dingle dell and the engine had a slight blip in power allowing Robert passed again, we were side by side coming into the final corner leading on to the pit straight so I dipped behind for a slipstream dived out and just won by 0.024 of a sec.

What a great race really enjoied it and its a shame Robert can't come out more but hopefully next year he'll be able to come and play for a season.

Benn
Old 3 Jul 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2917286)   #48
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Fantastic stuff, Benn. Well done and for the great account! More accounts like this from drivers, please.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2917393)   #49
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the E-Type race from Paddock Hill bend and it was great to see so many of these iconic cars out at the same time though with quite a disparity of lap times - somewhat over 20 seconds between pole and the slowest of the thirty odd cars on the grid.

The race between the first three was fantastic with Graeme Dodd snatching the lead into paddock from Jon Minshaw's pole winning lightweight. Graeme led for half a dozen laps or so until Jon got in the groove and went ahead and it looked as if it could be all over. Graeme, however, sat back a little for a couple of laps and allowed Gary Pearson to get onto his tail and they gradually caught JM. The last three or four laps saw them nose to tail and Graeme got past once more and held on to the flag. Gary was all over Jon but went off at (I think) Stirlings ending a great race by these three talented drivers.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2917394)   #50
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend with fantastic weather but the timing for historic touring cars - practice 11-50 on Friday and race at 17-10 on Saturday - left a lot of time to fill.

Met up with Delta again and Gordon Streeter (fully clothed) and Peter Bevan came by for a chat during the day.

Last edited by morninggents; 3 Jul 2011 at 13:56.