Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Mar 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2652787)   #26
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not come to the 2CV 24 hour meeting that's a 3 dayer.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2652821)   #27
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arnie. did briefly meet you saturady, took over post chief of george, as wnated to chat with mate at sear in, next time hopefully will be longer
Old 15 Mar 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2652874)   #28
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another great weekend at Snet, another great 750 meeting. it was a bit cold though, especially for us campers on Friday night
Many thanks to the Crazy Gang for their hospitality. Great day on Esses out post on Saturday, 1 red flag, 1 bit of armco hit twice, some very near misses. Still not sure about the new bit of curb at the Esses, but I know why it's there.
Quieter day at Bomb-hole out on Sunday, but some cracking races, especially the Stock Hatch and Formula Vees.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2652903)   #29
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did any one have any photo or video footage of my spin at Riches on Saturday?
Any info would help.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2653084)   #30
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Palmer View Post
Nice to meet you arnage arnie on Saturday, sorry you had nothing to do, but you could have chased that Stock Hatch that stop on the straight!
Didn't realise you were a fellow tenther! Had a bit more to do on Sunday-one pull off & a bit of brush work-plenty of near misses though.

Good to put faces to names. Peter-I guessed that was you but never got the chance to say hello. Hope to catch up with you both again soon.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2653370)   #31
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
I was spectating there on Saturday. Car lost it under brakes and hit the the inside armco very hard. The car came to rest on the outside of the track and couldn't be moved.
I was yellowing on pit exit for that. Did he just lose it on his own, or was he trying to avoid going into the back of another car. IIRC there was one just in front of him, and I was wondering if there was contact, or if he tried to avoid going into the back of someone.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2653441)   #32
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
I was yellowing on pit exit for that. Did he just lose it on his own, or was he trying to avoid going into the back of another car. IIRC there was one just in front of him, and I was wondering if there was contact, or if he tried to avoid going into the back of someone.
He came into my eyeline already sideways so not sure, although my feeling was he lost it on his own. He was lucky not to roll after contact with the armco and then not to be t-boned by following cars. Must have been cold for you guys on Saturday, at least I had a nice warm campervan to retire to after each race with the kettle boiling away!
Old 16 Mar 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2653485)   #33
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
He came into my eyeline already sideways so not sure, although my feeling was he lost it on his own. He was lucky not to roll after contact with the armco and then not to be t-boned by following cars. Must have been cold for you guys on Saturday, at least I had a nice warm campervan to retire to after each race with the kettle boiling away!
I saw tyre smoke before he veered off, which I why I was wondering if he was trying to avoid someone - can't think of any other reason why he might have turned in too early, unless something failed and he hadn't actually turned the wheel.

It wasn't too cold, although there were a few grumbles. A lot of marshals take hot drinks out with them - thought about it myself, but never got around to it.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2653592)   #34
peter195001
Racer

Great to be able to put couple more faces and names together, just wish my weekend was a little less challenging, more off post then on, But main thing, got though weekend, got home, can, have sorted main trouble, caravan battrey died on me saturday evening! better that weekend next trip, shound be back to back weekends at brands, caravan going into temp storeage between weekends.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2653702)   #35
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter195001 View Post
Great to be able to put couple more faces and names together, just wish my weekend was a little less challenging, more off post then on, But main thing, got though weekend, got home, can, have sorted main trouble, caravan battrey died on me saturday evening! better that weekend next trip, shound be back to back weekends at brands, caravan going into temp storeage between weekends.
Ahh, you'll be the fella who was next to me then I take it what reserves you had in the battery were enough to last you Saturday night, as I didn't get a knock on the door

I've gotta say, that's a great trick you've got with the drill to operate the legs on the van. Any idea where I can get the right bit from? And presumably I'd need a drill with a reverse direction too ??
Old 16 Mar 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2653722)   #36
peter195001
Racer

Its Electric impact wrench, servel makers done them, 1/2" square drive, must useful,
think got mine though EBAY, but look in tool books will find them, kinda pays your money and take you choice, saturday evening, cooked tea, cleared it away.

then was kinda bed time.

but thaks for offer,maybe next time there, can down a few, beers, can even recommened one 'evil brew'