Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2751990)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh well then, carry on Seb!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:29 (Ref:2752008)   #27
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He is increasingly behaving, on track, like a complete gibbon.

Hey! What have I done?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2752013)   #28
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I think the combination of not converting poles to wins and Webber suddenly hitting the best form of his career has put him under more pressure than he is ready for.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2752016)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roths View Post
Today was yet another example of Seb Vet getting things wrong. I have watched all this season how he has barged people off the track and like today, has destroyed people's races. Is it time for the FIA to pull him aside and say "look, calm it down"

I feel he is becoming a bit of a liability on the track but am interested to see what you guys think. Is he dangerous or just unlucky??
In a few words, he's a racer, that it is.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2752032)   #30
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I don't agree at all..

Today we saw a racing incident.. I know he received a drive through, not the right call in my opinion..
I thought the drive through was fair, but absolutely not anything more than that. It was pure bad luck the way the car snapped about and took him into Button - but bad luck that came from his own mistake. And a pretty poor mistake - it seemed he got frustrated with being behind, had the tow on JB but went to the inside far too late and when the door was clearly shut. The tank slapper was from such big avoiding action. But for me still a drive through - his school-boy-error effectively ended Button's championship, so there was no way that could go unpunished.

To stray back to the overall topic... I do agree his driving has been quite erratic. Mostly due to the red mist. Hamilton has matured immensly last year and this. But in fairness to Seb his run up the ladder seems quicker, so he's doing a lot of learning more at the sharp end. Not to diminish Hamilton's 97/98 performance though.

But I like Seb, he's a great guy and an obvious talent. Exciting to think the battles him and LH will have when the rough edges are smoothed to leave two fantastic drivers.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2752033)   #31
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
There are two issues I think: driving STANDARDS and driving ABILITY.

On the standards front, he has shown an unfortunate propensity to indulge in the Chop so ably developed by his compatriate. One on Alonso, one on Webber at the race starts. Then a rather half-hearted swerve in Turkey which ended up having the most serious consequence.

I don't see his ability to be anything special (by Formula 1 standards) but I don't think he's the muppet that some people are suggesting either. He is making a lot of mistakes and the moment, and I suspect he is believing the hype, can't understand why the waters aren't parting for him and then starts to over-drive and compound the mistakes one on another.

Today at Spa, the Button collision was a major cockerel-up which he held his hand up to. The Liuzzi collision was ...... well, I'm not sure where to apportion the blame on that one. I think it needs a few moer camera angles.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2752034)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B;
Whilst not denying Vettel had his plonkerish moments I dont believe the Liuzzi incident was anything but 100% down to Liuzzi.... 'Tonio perhaps being too anxious to get back under Vettel, who had to all intents and purposes passed him.

On your rating it would suggest that Schumacher should have been dsq'd for slicing into Rosberg when MS misjudged his passing move and cut across Rosberg's path damaging Nico's wing.
yeah I need to see it again. but about the DQ, I was thinking more that since he had already received a drive through for an avoidable action the next logical penalty would be a DQ... as opposed to thinking such actions on their own deserve a DQ.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2752038)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am afraid that the drivers will get gun shy from having a go with all the penalties that are being handed out that is all...
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2752052)   #34
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think alot of times he cuts back in far too soon. Not sure if he expects that once he has his nose in front a couple of inches then the other driver should drop back and yield he possition. Maybe Red Bull should invest in some of them little stickers you get on your wing mirrors, "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear"

In any case he has a few too many rear punctures caused by front wings after he has overtaken.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2752054)   #35
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, his standards? He doesn't have any, he is rubbish. The best of them can race, hard, with fellow competitors, Vettel cannot do this. He doesn't deserve a title, and could well have costed Button his chance at a 2nd on the trot.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2752056)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I say, let them rock and roll, this is racing and they do their job, this is nothing new, many has been in the same situation, cracking under pressure, over driving and making mistakes more often than not... that separates the champions and the wannabes... bring them on !
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2752061)   #37
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Whilst not denying Vettel had his plonkerish moments I dont believe the Liuzzi incident was anything but 100% down to Liuzzi.... 'Tonio perhaps being too anxious to get back under Vettel, who had to all intents and purposes passed him.
I don't agree; Vettel has made (at least) three moves this year in which he appeared to consider that if his front wheels are passed a car he is in front and has made the overtake. One (against Webber) took him out of the race, one against Button at Silverstone gave him a rear puncture and I think the move on Liuzzi today (I mean the conclusion of the overtake, not the attempt which was fine) was an error of judgment on Vettel's part - again ending up with giving himself a puncture. At worst it was a 50/50 situation. I'm sure the stewards would have announced an investigation into the incident if they felt Liuzzi was 100% to blame.

Vettel needs to know how long his car is......

The incident with Rosberg/Schui was a little different, as Rosberg was recovering from an off track excursion and Schui was being an opportunist, so just a racing incident in my view.

Last edited by phoenix; 29 Aug 2010 at 22:58.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2752064)   #38
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roths View Post
I think alot of times he cuts back in far too soon. Not sure if he expects that once he has his nose in front a couple of inches then the other driver should drop back and yield he possition.

In any case he has a few too many rear punctures caused by front wings after he has overtaken.
Ditto....
Old 30 Aug 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2752087)   #39
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am afraid that the drivers will get gun shy from having a go with all the penalties that are being handed out that is all...
The driver should be worried they will get a penalty if they **** up an attempted pass and take the guy out of the race...
Old 30 Aug 2010, 02:14 (Ref:2752096)   #40
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
The driver should be worried they will get a penalty if they **** up an attempted pass and take the guy out of the race...
The only penalty they need to worry about is if they'll be driving on the team next year. He attempted a pass and made a mess of it. It's happened before in F1 and it'll happen again. Probably next race, even.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2752100)   #41
cimatt
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
cimatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ve stopped criticising drivers negatively as much, especially after watching Lewis take out Kimi at Canada’s pit lane – I still regard that as the most reckless driving error ever.

My opinion is that Horner needs to discipline his drivers in the same manner Ron Dennis keeps everyone toeing the line. Vettel’s very good, but also very young, even in F1 standards. And he’s good a top car underneath him so all that is quite a volatile mix. At least he’s a colourful fella, unlike Lewis, Sutil, Kubica etc. That counts for a bit for me, even if I know most will disagree.

Besides, the kid has apologised. Rubens took out Nando, said sorry and look, no ones cross with him. 300 GPs and he still can’t figure out how to brake in a damp Spa. How can a kid be expected to?
Old 30 Aug 2010, 03:02 (Ref:2752104)   #42
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even though Vettel may look like Luke Skywalker, he ain't no Jedi yet. He's still a bit of a padwan. The force is not strong with him in just yet. He still needs to mature a bit more.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2752105)   #43
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
Agreed.
The penalties should act as a deterrent to doing stupid things.
Vettel's move on Button was just plain bone headed and has cost Button a shot at the championship. There was no excuse for that! Stupid and reckless!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2752125)   #44
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Even though Vettel may look like Luke Skywalker, he ain't no Jedi yet. He's still a bit of a padwan. The force is not strong with him in just yet. He still needs to mature a bit more.
Star trek avatar, Star Wars metaphor. Does. Not. Compute.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 05:03 (Ref:2752128)   #45
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel isn't even the best German driver on current form
Old 30 Aug 2010, 06:12 (Ref:2752138)   #46
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Star Trek avatar, Star Wars metaphor. Does. Not. Compute.
The universe is starting to collapse!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2752150)   #47
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guys, take another look at the Liuzzi incident. Vettel was so clearly past, he had the inside line in the left hander part of the Bus Stop and was much quicker. There was not an ounce of a mistake there on Vettel's part. I know this is emotional for most here since he made as clearly a mistake in the Button scenario (lost it under braking due to a bump he misjudged, according to his own statement), but that shouldn't cloud the view on the other incident.

In the end, it was probably his fault that Kubica put him on the grass in lap 3 as well, huh?
Old 30 Aug 2010, 07:47 (Ref:2752159)   #48
MikeManNZ
Racer

MikeManNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing for me is any one of Seb's incidents this year can be rationalised (Apart from taking out Webber).

HOWEVER if you look at the whole year there is a pattern.

I do not think the FIA need to do anything but the team need to sit the boy down and explain the facts of life to him before we get another bully like Senna out there.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2752170)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The penalties have not been too bad this year. A big improvement on the past few seasons.

And if the likes of Vettel get gun shy for a while, that is fine. Then he can't ruin the championship run-in for the big boys.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2752323)   #50
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If yesterday was an isolated incident I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's one in an ever increasing catalogue of rash mis-judged moves.

On current form Vettel is a liability, and I reckon he should have been black flagged after the Liuzzi incident..2 incidents in one race? he is clearly a danger to himself and all those around him.

He only seems able to win from pole and doesn't stand a chance of being a world champion until he learns how to control his car and his emotions with more consistency.