Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Jan 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2102038)   #26
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony is the name,I was asked a fews years back to help Peter in anyway, which i would of gladly done only work commitments and my Family came first.Im not dissing anyone Just an avid fan of rallycross for many years since the good old 80's.I am aware off What Peter does as I have spoken to him occasionally at European events and was aware of a lot off his wishes in how and what to do to promote his events back in the early days of the superseries and when he was involved in Rallyracing nl when it was all his dream so I dont wish to Diss what he has acheived.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2102044)   #27
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all have work commitments but some of us put our selves out on a limb to acheive what we say we are going to do !! as you must agree we did last year and will do this year and in the future!

As for the " Good old 80s " !! Thats the trouble we must look forward not back !! Ok they was the great years but we can have them again if we push together !!
Old 8 Jan 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2102053)   #28
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cake
As for the " Good old 80s " !! Thats the trouble we must look forward not back !! Ok they was the great years but we can have them again if we push together !!
We can agree on that and only that! they were great years Thats when i first got introduced, Loads of cars huge crowds and good events thats all i think most of us wish for, our 4yr old is in to it already although sadly he a big fan of the Euro rounds at the moment well travelled.We need to get the new generation in to it who ever runs the events...
Old 8 Jan 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2102087)   #29
bestrep
Rookie

bestrep has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As i understand the situation PSM offered the BRDA a solution to their lack of dates problem by allowing them to add the British round onto THEIR CROFT DATE, thus helping the BRDA when they desperatly need it. It seems however that some peoples personal objectives are at odds with the best interests of rallycross and the vast majority of its supporters. If you go to autosport show talk to both organizations and form your own opinion as to who supports the sport and who has personal agendas that may skew their opinions.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 22:34 (Ref:2102212)   #30
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see that the ********s and keyboard warriors have made Rallycross look so stupid on a public forum.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 23:05 (Ref:2102228)   #31
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear oh dear what is it about certain people here,i love Rallycross and favour no one organisation whatsoever but it does seem that one side is not doing themselves any favours yet again with their childish and bias comments. Bestep looking at some of your previous comments its obvious where your alliegance lies and as for C C im not even going to waste my breath. Please once and for all grow up and do everyone a favour and support the sport as a whole or shut up.
Sorry but I am just getting tired and angry with this whole thing.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 00:53 (Ref:2102272)   #32
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXfan
Dear oh dear what is it about certain people here,i love Rallycross and favour no one organisation whatsoever but it does seem that one side is not doing themselves any favours yet again with their childish and bias comments. Bestep looking at some of your previous comments its obvious where your alliegance lies and as for C C im not even going to waste my breath. Please once and for all grow up and do everyone a favour and support the sport as a whole or shut up.
Sorry but I am just getting tired and angry with this whole thing.
Good post I agree totally with you always the same person stirring up the crap, as a spectator ALL I WANT TO SEE IS A GREAT RALLYCROSS EVENT!!!! Not the BS that surrounds it. As a spectator I have seen both championships and the BRDA have and always will put on a great show. The "open" is a waste of time attending with only 1 (Mad Mark) genuinely quick supercar. I think the spectator levels at the rounds at Lydden tell there own story about the public support/perception in huge favour of the "proper" championship the BRDA.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 04:20 (Ref:2102327)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[Mod]Reading this thread demonstrates that the discipline of rallycross is er undisciplined. Frankly I'm glad I don't actually participate.

In every area of motorsport there is more than one organistation providing series or championships that are either the same or very similar. I run in historics with Masters but I could also run with CTCRC in the same category (I chose not to for logistical reasons). Yet we don't read the protagonists arguing about who has the best handbag on here do we? Any views expressed are based on personal preference not vested interest.

Therefore you can certainly suggest that one of the organisations has better venues etc. but to keep on telling us that one is better organised than the other or that one organisation is run for its owners whilst the other is a philanthropical society for its drivers will and in fact does lead to a total lack of interest from the average reader. A fact displayed by the very insular nature of this particular forum.

I keep a close eye on these threads but I don't very often moderate them because Bert and SB have a better handle on things, however unless some posters take a chill pill and think before they post, I will wield the bat but it will result in a permanent removal.

In short, some posters should either get a life or find another forum on which to post their drivel, because unless they do the former, they'll find it necessary to do the latter.

And to the person who wrote "I'm only having a bit of fun" .............................. Well so am I.[/Mod]
Old 9 Jan 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2102530)   #34
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can they start saying ROC have no "good" drivers? Have they not seen a certain younger member of the Doran family drive?

If all goes to plan i'll be there on Sunday.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2103324)   #35
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cake
Lalalalalalalalalalalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WILL BING IN THOUSANDS OF PUNTERS !!!!
In the red corner ???
Oh come on lighten up !!! Cant you see we are having a bit of fun ???????
If it's all a bit of fun, why did you edit your original post that clearly states that for you, "it's not about the sport any more"? Seems a bit strange to me. I think maybe there was a bit too much truth in your original post and you didn't want people to see your real reasons for the things that you do.

For reference, if you're going to do edits like that, it's best to do it before someone quotes you and before one of the site admins responds to your post.

You may be having fun. No-one else is - and certainly no-one on the moderating team.

I've moved these posts to their own thread because the Autosport show thread seems to have settled down into something resembling an actual Rallycross thread now.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2103639)   #36
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all fairness Thundersports the superprix is one of the years highlights and though the crowd at Lydden was low by usual rallycross standards those of us that were there still enjoyed the meeting.
Peter has put alot of work into trying to move the sport forward with new ideas, im sure he would be the first to admit not all have worked but at least hes not afraid to give it ago.
Hopefully he has now put a gag on C C whos comments i feel have done alot of damage to the open series and will now let his championship speak for itself without all the hype which has sometimes lead to dissapointment.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2103904)   #37
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RXfan I think too many events at Lydden dilute interest thus leading to smaller crowds, also if cc can be gagged then it would be doing the Open championship a huge favour. As a "independant" spectator who choses his events with no vested interest in either championships the aforementioned character has done a good job of winding me and lots of other casual fans up on here, with the result of putting us off supporting the open events.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2104345)   #38
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to clarify: as far as I am aware the Open Championship are planning just a single visit to Lydden - it is the BRDA who are planning multiple dates there. However I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing as Lydden is now the only track in the south east with Brands gone.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 15:26 (Ref:2105993)   #39
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I passed by both stands and they looked the same with cars on each, but the Ford Fizzbomb of Father Ted Carnegie looks the dogs danglies close up