Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1044980)   #26
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's doing a great job so far, well up the times and not far behind JPM. This certainly backs his claims up to an extent, althoguh he's gotta do it on Sunday.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1044990)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gene was quicker than JPM on Friday at the British Grand Prix.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1045001)   #28
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"F1 driver answers question during race weekend shock"

Oh, this is going to be all over the papers.

It's like Ferrari - especially true of 1999...if you've got a good driver you're spending squillions on, why do you want his little helper showing him up, even occasionally?
Old 23 Jul 2004, 21:25 (Ref:1045084)   #29
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott75
He's wasn't a second driver when he started at Jag, it was only cause Webber made him look ordinary that then probably Jaguar decided to help Webber before Jungle Boy. Personally I think he should grow up. Jealousy gets you know where.
Typical responce from webber fans!! lets see a half decent driver blow the shreds off webber next yr in the williams! and i for sure hope its antonio!

webber is hype!! period!!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 21:34 (Ref:1045091)   #30
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said it all along, jaguar gave antonio second rate parts and ****ed him up in the process! what a way to treat a driver! but it dont suprise me jaguar is totally messued up and in dissaray.

a great team started by jackie stewart in stewart racing ends up being a team which has no integrity, or honesty and evelves around webber! ppl get veyr up tight with ferrari when everything is in schumachers favour, but shumacher is world class ferrari are world class..jaguar are laughing stock!

so lets see how webber goes against a half decent driver in the willans next season, and i for sure hope its pizzonia and then we`ll see how good webber really is!

[EDIT: Copyright. Full article removed. There are links to it already in this thread. /EDIT]

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Jul 2004 at 21:41.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1045094)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lets keep this friendly and suitable for all. And please refrain from pasting entire articles with no reference. The links were already there anyway earlier in the thread, the first post in fact.
http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Quote:
FAQ
You agree, when you originally registered for the forum, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You also agreed not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.

If you don't agree with what someone is posting, fine - that's what a discussion forum is all about! Just don't let it turn into a 'bar room brawl' forum - remember, attack the post, not the poster. Always treat people with the same level of respect which you yourself would expect - flaming is NOT permitted. Period.

This is a family forum, and we wish it to remain that way. To this end, we have put in place an 'auto censor' which will censor your posts based on certain words, these words will be blanked out with stars (*) in your posts.

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Jul 2004 at 21:53.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1045097)   #32
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, Fondmetal, you seem to conveniently have forgotten that Stewart also used preferential treatment for their no. 1 driver, well before the Webber era...
Old 23 Jul 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1045100)   #33
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, judging by Pizzonia's practice times I'm looking forward to possible on track action with him and Takuma Sato, back to Donington F3 days in 2001!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1045132)   #34
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Pizzonia was indeed geting such a raw deal with cars that was causing him to be slower than Mark, then why did Jaguar give him the ass as they(Jaguar) would have clearly known why Pizzonia was slower. Why wast all that money stuffung around changing drivers knowing the next driver would not be able to live with Mark under that situation. And for Jaguar to do that to a fellow Brit(Justin) just dose not sound right.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 22:43 (Ref:1045138)   #35
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the words "Jaguar" and "sensible management" have rarely appeared in the same sentence...
Old 23 Jul 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1045149)   #36
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't they have the 'resources' to run 2 equal cars?

I thought they had enough cash, not as much as a team like Toyota, but enough for 2 equal cars surely?
Old 23 Jul 2004, 23:06 (Ref:1045166)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think it is 'resources' as such. In terms of overall cash.

Bad planning and management can always lead to this situation. As can playing catch up. This is undoubtedly the situation Jaguar has been in recently (if not always). Most years the car has needed some major work. Naturally this needs to be done quickly. A months delay could mean the new bits miss two or three GP. So limited parts may be available, but you want them to be raced. You would give the parts to the better driver.

Now if this is specifically what has happened, I don't know, but there are many ways a team can find itself with uneven cars despite having the budget. Remember a couple of years back, Ferrari were worried about the pace of its rivals so rushed in the new car a race early, but it was only available for Ferrari.

There is a problem with this. Two (or three) drivers working on developing one car is better than two cars. It is even more important this year with the limited running, but that is a little irrelevant to the case here. Ferrari could cope with the big change of running totally two different cars, but Jaguar probably couldn't. I guess overall resources may be the reason here.

Jaguar Racing seemed to compound this with many management changes and driver changes. Irrespective on who or what was actually being achieved. Long term decisions where being made on short term situations. The team hardly stayed the same week in week out, so it wouldn't suprise me if the cars weren't always the same either!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 03:33 (Ref:1045246)   #38
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not too worried about MW getting better parts than pizzonia.The main damage of course is that AP looked worse than he was which is regretable.He is still slower than MW though-as someone wise said in another thread...if the parts gave THAT of a gain is lap times why was jag not leaping up the grid??

Well,at least jag give the parts to the best driver-not like flabio briatore,who plays politics with his drivers to boost/humiliate them!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 05:10 (Ref:1045307)   #39
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Pizzonia going to use as an excuse if Webber finishes ahead of him on Sunday afternoon? I think that Jungle Boy should just concentrate on the job at hand in trying to rebuild his career rather than worry about what may or may not have happened at Jaguar, all Pizzonia is doing is putting unneeded pressure on his own shoulders.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:02 (Ref:1045379)   #40
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry Antonio but at the start of the 2003 season, both drivers would have begun on exactly level pegging. In fact if I recall, Pizzonia was expected to do away with Webber reasonably easily at season start.

If Webber received any favourable treatment, it was achieved very much on his own merit through his performances. Antonio cannot whinge about the pecking order at Jag, as at the beginning of the season he would have had exactly the same opportunity as Mark.

As for those of you slamming Jaguar for supposedly not being fair to Pizzonia, we all know Ford aren't exactly in pit lane's moneybags category. If they have some new development that monetary or developmentary restrictions mean can only go on one car, whose car would you put it on? The guy who is scoring all your points, or the guy who is qualifying and racing at the back?

Obviously Jag weren't satisfied with his performances and it's their perogative to terminate his services if they so wish.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1045480)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
This strikes me a little odd that there is such fascination between Pizzonia and Webber. In the practice thread there is a lot of hoping that Webber will out qualify Pizzonia. Surely in many ways it is immaterial!

He has attacked Webber you know, just said what he thought (after being asked). I'm not sure it explains the bad feeling towards him.

Surely it is better than Pizzonia does well in the Williams, because that means Webber would do even better?

In addition, I bet Webber doesn't give a hoot. He'll be concentrating on getting the best out of his situation and grab some points. He'll be trying to beat everyone.

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Jul 2004 at 09:11.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1045485)   #42
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
This strikes me a little odd that there is such fascination between Pizzonia and Webber. In the practice thread there is a lot of hoping that Webber will out qualify Pizzonia. Surely in many ways it is immaterial!

He has attacked Webber you know, just said what he thought (after being asked). I'm not sure it explains the bad feeling towards him.

Surely it is better than Pizzonia does well in the Williams, because that means Webber would do even better?
Asuming you meant he "hasnt" attacked Webber, i agree. I understand he is entitled to his opinion and obviously he felt like he was dealt a bad deal at Jag, but the thing that is a little disapointing is that it comes across as sour grapes. I think he is putting more presure on himself at Williams and those types of comments leaves himself open to some sort of heckling by the followers.

Fair enough it would be good to see him do well at Williams, but geez it would be better to see Webber beat him in equiptment that is not as good as Antonio is driving Just my opinion, i hope i dont offend.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1045489)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not offended and your assumption about "hasn't" is correct.

Sour grapes? Well which journalist gave you that opinion? Maybe it was, but is that a reason to see him destroyed? (Some others seem to have sour grapes that Pizzonia is driving a Williams!). Besides what he describes is probably the case at Jaguar and it is fairly accepted that Jaguar can't produce a two car team. Again it isn't something I would say they are evil for, it can be understandable (see previous posts!).
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:26 (Ref:1045491)   #44
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jungle boy should stop whinging, hes starting to sound like JPM. What he should do is keep improving his car and lap times, not bag ex-team mates and team.

Pizz hasnt proven anything, he obviously never earnt the respect of his jag team.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:42 (Ref:1045499)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Sour grapes? Well which journalist gave you that opinion?
Actually this is harsh and I will go back on what I said here. It does seem that Pizzonia appears to have brought it up. It must rankle him though.

I still think it is independent of Webber though. Who it should be noted has kept quiet and not whinged on about this.

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Jul 2004 at 09:43.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:44 (Ref:1045501)   #46
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Not offended and your assumption about "hasn't" is correct.

Sour grapes? Well which journalist gave you that opinion? Maybe it was, but is that a reason to see him destroyed? (Some others seem to have sour grapes that Pizzonia is driving a Williams!). Besides what he describes is probably the case at Jaguar and it is fairly accepted that Jaguar can't produce a two car team. Again it isn't something I would say they are evil for, it can be understandable (see previous posts!).
I agree that the media will always play a large part into our perception of any sport, or anyTHING for that matter. The fact is Antonio said some things that were lacking diplomacy, possibly damaging to Jaguar and imho his comments appeared to be sour grapes.
Here is a peice of the article from http://www.f1i.com/articles/ARTICLE_570678.html
'Jungle-Boy' said Jaguar treated him 'like ****. ''Here,'' he added, ''I feel respected ... as a human being.''

Pizzonia said it was only after Justin Wilson replaced him mid-season that he discovered there were things on Mark Webber's R4 car 'that were not on [mine]. ''We had different treatment.''

Jaguar's managing director David Pitchforth angrily denied the claims, telling reporters ''I can ... categorically deny that there was any favouritism.'' Webber told Reuters he swore on his mother's life 'we had the same equipment.'

Clearly furious, the team's Pitchforth added there are a ''lot of hard working people'' back at Milton-Keynes ''that will be very hurt by these comments.''

He also had a bit to say about the jag he rolled with passengers here........
http://www.f1central.net/news/1090649067.html

Im certainly not out to destroy Antonio, Im more about trying to protect what he is perhaps taking away from Mark Webbers abilitys. I havent seen proof anywhere yet that Jag in fact do supply better equiptment to thier so called number one driver. Once again just my opinion. And for the record, i dont believe Antonio has ever slagged off Webber directly but his comments could be seen as taking away some of the good work Mark has done.

Old 24 Jul 2004, 09:55 (Ref:1045514)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
In case you missed it (we posted at a similar time), I changed my position on that in the post before yours. I talked to someone at the GP and Pizzonia instigated it.

As for Jaguar and two different seats. Well it isn't an intentional thing IMHO, just something that comes from various circumstances. it happens at every team and always has done. Noteable examples are Ferrari and two totally different cars in 2002 at the Brazilian GP, Williams active/not active at various points, etc... New bits become available and one driver gets it first. There is nothing wrong with it, in most circumstances, but for some reason we appear to think it is downright dirty!

If you take it from that point of view then there is nothing to detract from Webber. He worked with the team and was willing to try and get the new parts working.

If Pizzonia's words detract from Webber then it from an oversensitive reaction and a (mis-)understanding of F1 and the situation at Jaguar Racing not because of Pizzonia.

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Jul 2004 at 09:56.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1045521)   #48
DannyG
Racer

Australia
No worries Adam.

Another good example is the engine upgrade Webber had at Indy (i think it was indy) and Klien never. I spose we could go on forever about this type of thing happening in Teams over the years. I guess some drivers do the best they can with what they've got and dont say too much about it. Others, well, have a bit to say and leave themselves open to discussion on forums

One of the main reasons i admire Barrichello is because he has the ability to admit defeat. On numorous occasions he said "Micheal was just too fast for me". I know there is not a lot more you can say when Shuey is your team mate, except of course..."he is given better equiptment" LOL

Old 24 Jul 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1045527)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyG
Another good example is the engine upgrade Webber had at Indy (i think it was indy) and Klien never
And there is nothing wrong with that. IMHO. The only way of giving them equal equipment would have been for neither of them to have the engine.

As for Rubens. In Pizzonia's defence, he is young and scared that people wouldn't always see the whole situation. I would say a little insecure rather than sour grapes.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1045604)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
After he was sacked, at first he didn't even watch the GP on telly he was so upset (said so on ITV).

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Jul 2004 at 11:37.