Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which is your team of the race?
McLaren-Mercedes 8 22.22%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 4 11.11%
Ferrari 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 0 0%
Mercedes 8 22.22%
Lotus-Renault 1 2.78%
Williams-Renault 14 38.89%
Force India-Mercedes 0 0%
STR-Ferrari 0 0%
Marussia-Cosworth 0 0%
Caterham-Renault 0 0%
HRT-Cosworth 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3060501)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Mercedes, because they're British. I mean German. I mean based in Brackley, so British.

No, actually because they finally unlocked consistent pace, made a 2 stop strategy work better than anyone did and got well clear of the rest. Schumacher's pit-stop aside, it was a great weekend for them and for them to get it done the way they did was more impressive than anyone.
Very logical. 50% total success; 50% total failure.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3060508)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's no need to roll your eyes and denigrate my choice. Arguably it's illogical because there was one driver who didn't finish as a result of a team error, but for me it was about the overall result and as I clearly explained, they were well clear of the rest in their train and their two-stop strategy being executed better than anyone else.

Plus, if you want to be 'logical', the team of the race is the one that scored the most points. Neither of our choices did that, so I guess we're both wrong.

Last edited by Born Racer; 16 Apr 2012 at 21:46.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3060535)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're never right anyway...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3060549)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Plus, if you want to be 'logical', the team of the race is the one that scored the most points. Neither of our choices did that, so I guess we're both wrong.
That's a very good point.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3060570)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
There's no need to roll your eyes and denigrate my choice. Arguably it's illogical because there was one driver who didn't finish as a result of a team error, but for me it was about the overall result and as I clearly explained, they were well clear of the rest in their train and their two-stop strategy being executed better than anyone else.

Whatever. By your reasoning McLaren is the team of the race despite fluffing Button's last pit stop, not that it affected the result IMO.

I chose Williams because they gave Sir Frank a nice early birthday present and performed to the maximum of their ability.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3060576)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That wasn't my reasoning. My previous point was that in my opinon one oughtn't just to pick the team with the highest points tally in a race (McLaren in this one) solely on that basis. You seemed to be questioning the validity of the Mercedes choice, which you're entitled to do, but it was the way you posted it. Perhaps I shouldn't read too much into a little gif face.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3060577)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Whatever. By your reasoning McLaren is the team of the race despite fluffing Button's last pit stop, not that it affected the result IMO.

I chose Williams because they gave Sir Frank a nice early birthday present and performed to the maximum of their ability.
I nearly went for McLaren but the fluffed stop changed my mind, so I went for Williams as they keep on improving. I had no idea it was Sir Frank's birthday.

Happy b-day Sir Frank.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:53 (Ref:3060581)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am too scared to vote...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3060584)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am too scared to vote...
Why?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3060585)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I forgot my handbag...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3060587)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I nearly went for McLaren but the fluffed stop changed my mind, so I went for Williams as they keep on improving. I had no idea it was Sir Frank's birthday.

Happy b-day Sir Frank.
This is what I felt about McLaren.

Maybe RBR for dragging their cars into 4&5?

TBH I don't really think anyone deserves an award.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3060588)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I would be curious to know where logic fits into giving someone team of the race in part due to the timing of the founder's birthday.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3060590)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I forgot my handbag...
You mean like this?

Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3060593)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I would have come in for less scrutiny if I'd stuck with Mercedes because they're British. I'll change my mind and say Mercedes because it wasn't Ross Brawn's birthday and they still won the race.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3060618)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You mean like this?

Argentina !
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3060621)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Argentina !
Lol. What F1 team is currently in blue?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3060627)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Williams ?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3060628)   #43
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I am voting for Williams...

Now we are returning to the battle in progress..
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3060629)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I am voting for Williams...

Now we are returning to the battle in progress..
Are you going to switch your avatar?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:13 (Ref:3060632)   #45
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Don't be silly, I just changed it from Williams ohh wait, gosh darn it !
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3060634)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Don't be silly, I just changed it from Williams ohh wait, gosh darn it !
I'm switching to a DW12; not!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:35 (Ref:3060644)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Tooo late...
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3060646)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Tooo late...
Old 17 Apr 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3061200)   #49
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
I voted Mercedes: for a combination of qualifying pace, overall result and general improvement. And for being British.

So far this year I think most people were assuming that the Mercedes qualifying pace was down to their tricky DRS f-duct thingie. But in the race, Nico would hardly have used it at all.

Edit: Actually I voted for McLaren, but I intended to vote for Mercedes.

Last edited by TrapezeArtist; 17 Apr 2012 at 22:55. Reason: To explain idiotic error.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3061203)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Satisfying to see, wasn't it? It's funny to think Lotus protested it. A moveable aerodynamic device, I think not (although admittedly it uses the accepted moveable aerodynamic device that is the DRS). Teams like Lotus should get on with innovating themselves instead of protesting (although in fairness they had a totally different system that was crazily deemed to fall foul of the same rule before the season).