Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Jul 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2241370)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No chance

Pitt is awful with the media, he hates it all, so I doubt Xerox would be too keen as Ducati are one of the most media friendly teams with coverage

Pitt is a good rider, but he seems to be very guarded with the media at times, this really doesnt help him. Its not hard is it!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2241918)   #27
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't like Pitt.

And really it should be down to what I want. So you read it here Colin Edwards factory WSBK Ducati team...
Old 2 Jul 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2241989)   #28
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i dont expect pitt to get the ride, just tosing up ideas - maybe he will get a ten kate honda superbike ride in 09...

edwards would be very worthy, though he is in P5 in points in moto gp which is pretty darn good & we all know that that is where he wants to be - is fabizio signed for 09 , there could be 2 ducati rides up for grabs...
Old 2 Jul 2008, 08:03 (Ref:2242034)   #29
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
I don't like Pitt.

And really it should be down to what I want. So you read it here Colin Edwards factory WSBK Ducati team...
We have a problem than, cause I decide who gets the 2nd Tech trois ride and I say it will be Colin Edwards!

Just out of curiousity, why don't you like A. Pitt?
Old 2 Jul 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2242217)   #30
Pete_58
Rookie

England
Pete_58 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be alot of rumors flying around about this ride. Its great!!

Colin Edwards was said to be linked to Ducati ride for next season but i think he wants to stay in MotoGP.

Max Biaggi has to be a faourite as he currently rides for thier satelite team so thats possible.

Shane "shakey" Bryne has also been linked with the ride aswell, did he not have a crack at WSB before? How did he get on? The way he is dominating BSB at the moment, if he could carry that momentum over to WSB surley that would be good for him.

Ruben Xaus is off to BMW (possibly with Troy Corser??).

Got to love the silly season....
Old 2 Jul 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2242296)   #31
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
i dont expect pitt to get the ride, just tosing up ideas - maybe he will get a ten kate honda superbike ride in 09...
Didn't he only agree to the Supersport gig on the proviso he got back into Superbike in 2009, if he carries on presumebly he'll get a spot (perhaps heading up the 'satellite' Ten Kate team that has been talked about?)
Old 2 Jul 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2242508)   #32
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well someone surely has to replace Sofuoglu dont they

He has been woeful on a Superbike roather oddly, as his style I would think suits the big bikes and he is a biggish lad!
Old 3 Jul 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2242823)   #33
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Sofuoglu is completely messed up at the moment, because of the death of his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he is going to take a sabatical. Such a shame, cause he's a nice lad.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 06:58 (Ref:2242826)   #34
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_58
Seems to be alot of rumors flying around about this ride. Its great!!

Colin Edwards was said to be linked to Ducati ride for next season but i think he wants to stay in MotoGP.

Max Biaggi has to be a faourite as he currently rides for thier satelite team so thats possible.

Shane "shakey" Bryne has also been linked with the ride aswell, did he not have a crack at WSB before? How did he get on? The way he is dominating BSB at the moment, if he could carry that momentum over to WSB surley that would be good for him.

Ruben Xaus is off to BMW (possibly with Troy Corser??).

Got to love the silly season....
Welcome Pete

And yes, the sillyseason is great, especially now WSBK is looking so healthy! Unfortunately we'll be losing Troy Bayliss next season...
Old 3 Jul 2008, 08:33 (Ref:2242871)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be fair to Kenan, he wasn't exactly setting the world alight before his sad experience.

I just dont think the lad is comfortable on a 1000, nothing to eb ashamed of really
Old 3 Jul 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2242930)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Colin Edwards would be great!

But alas, he is having a storming year in MotoGP (he's star of the season, just don't bother to argue that point!) so I can't see him turning his back on that.
Old 4 Jul 2008, 00:04 (Ref:2243470)   #37
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vermuelen has been talking up a return to Superbikes. Surely he would only consider a top ride...

Surely Ducati would be interested in someone of his capabilities...
Old 4 Jul 2008, 08:38 (Ref:2243688)   #38
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
To be fair to Kenan, he wasn't exactly setting the world alight before his sad experience.
agreed - foret was no good either on the superbike, though kenan should have age on his side...
Old 4 Jul 2008, 14:45 (Ref:2243940)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think there have been a few actually who have not really gone as well on a 1000

Muggeridge has never gone too well, though he I think he is riding superbly this year. Pitt took a while getting used to them but adapted well on the Yam. Fujiwara was useless on a Superbike as was Chambon (annoyingly getting the ride in front of Walker in 2001)

And for me Fabrizio and Lanzi were both real quick on 750 Dukes etc, but so far not been consistent on a 1000
Old 5 Jul 2008, 04:31 (Ref:2244376)   #40
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
(annoyingly getting the ride in front of Walker in 2001)
Wasn't Walker meant to move to WSB with Crescent Suzuki (basically a third works Suzuki), but decided on 500s with the Shell team, leaving Crescent to regroup and run BSB?

Agreed that the step up fro Supersport seems to be pretty tough (though i guess it should be), the only guy in recent years to really make the jump successfully was Vermuelen (in terms of WSS to WSB)
Old 5 Jul 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2244501)   #41
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think was offered a WSBK ride by Suzuki, didnt really matter which team it was with.

Like many Brits, his move was 'helped' by Dorna but the bike was a complete dog and he wasnt allowed to set it up how he wanted to, much like Robinson on teh Suzuki 250 years before

If the Crescent deal was for him on a third bike then he must regret that move for the rest of his life!!
Old 27 Sep 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2298924)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Nori? Just a thought.
Told ya
Old 3 Nov 2008, 02:49 (Ref:2326584)   #43
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A possibility is Brendan Roberts who just won the Superstock 1000 FIM cup for Ducati.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2326738)   #44
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
A possibility is Brendan Roberts who just won the Superstock 1000 FIM cup for Ducati.
Nori and Fabrizio have been confirmed at Ducati for next year.

Brendan Roberts is a bit overrated I think. The championship was his to lose. He had a years experience and the Ducati is the best bike in the superstock class (remember it was in it's second year). Roberts did improve over last year, he didn't crash as much. I don't know what he's going to do next year, but a 3rd year in the superstock class doesnt really look good on the CV (just like Pirro).

I think the revelation of this year was Maxime Berger. He is a star for the future. He was a rookie on a new bike. He won 2 or 3 races (at some difficult tracks, Assen, Brands) and I don't think he crashed once in a race. He was unlucky to be punted off at Monza, otherwise he'd be champion. But watch this kid, it wouldn't surprise me if he's on the superbike in 2010.