Old 8 Feb 2002, 12:37 (Ref:212246)   #26
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
What's your best lap time in that 917, Mr. Ace?

Those Porboy (The Rock) 917's have got to be just about the best cars out there for SCGT. They look sensational, don't they?
Actually mine is by a guy named Jeff Hoefer, but after seeing your post, I googled Porboy and saw 917 heaven (then the site crashed) Once I can get back in I will get those cars, just don't know where to start. My best time up to now is a 3:25:61, I noticed on another thread that you got your 917 up to 230mph I can only get mine to scratch 200mph and that's after playing with the gear ratios and leaning out the aero. I'm hoping Porboy's physics are a little different so that I can get to those speeds, because what's the Mulsanne for, if not for going really really fast
Old 8 Feb 2002, 13:50 (Ref:212288)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't profess to be an expert, Mr. Ace, but I think you'll find that most if not all of the Porboy's 917's are based upon the amazing Mr. Hoefer's original 917 design.

(I did have all parts maxxed on my 917, I will admit!!).
Old 14 Feb 2002, 18:04 (Ref:215946)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not outrageous, perhaps, but anyone for one-make racing........?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Mar 2010 at 20:44.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 11:12 (Ref:217033)   #29
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know, that seems pretty outrageous to me!

Help me out guys. Is "Sports Car GT Classic (Collector's Edition)" any different to the version you've all got? I can't find the game in any shops in Bristol and I found the above title on Amazon. I'm not advertising Amazon, as I don't really like shopping with them, but I really want the game, so YOU KNOW...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...695333-7378835

This link is the page on Amazon if that helps. Cheers guys.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 13:59 (Ref:217130)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm pretty sure it's the same game, Blue. Mine is called Sports Car GT but it is on the EA Classics "label". I'm sure what you've seen on Amazon is what I've seen in my local HMV and Virgin.

Only one other thing to say......

BUY IT!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:22 (Ref:217148)   #31
Blue2
Rookie

Cheers buddy, will do.

Who needs advertising, when they've got our Aysedasi?
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:31 (Ref:217152)   #32
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why stop at one copy? Here is my best advertisement for SCGT
- approach to Arnage at night

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
night16lod4.jpg  
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:39 (Ref:217157)   #33
Blue2
Rookie

Cool. I notice that image was taken from the 2000 race. I know this, because if you look relly closely, you can see me. Just to left of the rear wing, in blue shorts and a white top. That's me that is.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:42 (Ref:217158)   #34
Matt Lucas
Racer

You poor bgger! You've been cloned 331 times - which one is really you?

Matt
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:45 (Ref:217160)   #35
Matt Lucas
Racer

Look, you can see yourself more clearly in the full sun. Watch out for the FBI in the 'copter, I think they know the [i]real[/] you!

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
day16lod4.jpg  
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:53 (Ref:217162)   #36
Blue2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Lucas
You poor bgger! You've been cloned 331 times - which one is really you?

Matt
The 324th. The other 331 are not the "real" me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Lucas
Look, you can see yourself more clearly in the full sun. Watch out for the FBI in the 'copter, I think they know the [i]real[/] you!

Matt
For the love of God, man. They'll be on to me for sure now. Careless talk costs lives.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 17:40 (Ref:217244)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A night shot, Matt. That's unfair!

I shall have to have a word with the host of this particular forum to have you banned if you post any more - unless of course the night version becomes available real soon!!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 11:11 (Ref:217612)   #38
Matt Lucas
Racer

Will you let me back if I point you to a post just down the page with a link to an announcement about the final release, complete with night and wet versions? Will you? Please!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=18899

Matt
Old 19 Feb 2002, 14:52 (Ref:218908)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, of course I will Matt! (But see my post on the "final version" thread ).

In the meantime, this screengrab business is infectious, I could resist another couple.

Firstly this one.....

Old 19 Feb 2002, 14:55 (Ref:218909)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
.....and then this - my first piece of editing.

Well, it's a start!!

(The rear wing is just about as much as I can manage!!)

Old 20 Feb 2002, 20:30 (Ref:219645)   #41
Blue2
Rookie

Can you actually edit the paint jobs on the cars in the game, or did you just edit the screengrab?
Old 21 Feb 2002, 08:06 (Ref:219939)   #42
Matt Lucas
Racer

I can't think of too many things that you can't mess around with, and very easily at that! The video replay springs to mind, I guess. You can easily paint new cars, retexture the whole track, with a bit more trouble build and add new cars and tracks and virtually turn it into a new game.

Matt
Old 24 Feb 2002, 13:02 (Ref:221666)   #43
Blue2
Rookie

Coooooooooooooool.

Just thought I'd drop another racing action sequence. Exiting the pits after a necessary 'splash and dash' in the penultimate lap of a 48 minute race, managing to exit just in front of my opponent. As a wise man once said: I love it when a plan comes together!

I can't wait to get the full version of this game.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  

Last edited by Blue2; 24 Feb 2002 at 13:03.
Old 24 Feb 2002, 15:50 (Ref:221711)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's one more.....

The title says it all.....

Old 24 Feb 2002, 18:06 (Ref:221766)   #45
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that Mclaren lifting off or landing?
Old 24 Feb 2002, 18:10 (Ref:221769)   #46
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This guy is definately landing. It is goinmg to hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
big wreck 036.jpg  
Old 24 Feb 2002, 21:38 (Ref:222020)   #47
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Here's some editing that I've done on one of my favorite cars, the Panoz LMP. The livery is my own creation, can you guess my homeland And to top it off, I was able to put my actual helmet design in the game too. The right front damage is my own creation also, tried to carry too much speed through the Porsche curves and had a little bit of an off.
Attached Thumbnails
panoz.jpg  
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 25 Feb 2002, 23:10 (Ref:222618)   #48
Matt Lucas
Racer

Just been messing around a bit more with Le Mans in the wet. The clouds are looking positively evil!

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
grab_010small.jpg  
Old 26 Feb 2002, 13:19 (Ref:222878)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mr. Ace, what editing program are you using for your creations? I am finding it very difficult and would appreciate some pointers.

(By the way, the McLaren was in mid flight!).
Old 26 Feb 2002, 16:20 (Ref:222960)   #50
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Hey Aysedasi, I'm using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to do my work, both very powerful programs, fairly expensive however. I find that doing the initial work in a Vector(lineart) based program is best and then enhancing it in Photoshop before converting it to the bitmap. My problem is I can never satisfy myself with any design and I subsequently never race because I keep changing the design.
However having my actual helmet bouncing around in the cockpit never changes. Now I never have to picture myself in a Panoz, cause there I am!
Good Luck with your work, and remember to post them when your done, I would very much like to see them.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"