Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:24 (Ref:813892)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well there are no rumblings around of new sponsorship for this team, and I doubt the principals can be particularly pleased at having to put their hand in their own pocket to foot the bills.... especially if they arent having a go themselves.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:26 (Ref:813893)   #27
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
without disrespect to lrt, i think without a serious talent like cam carrying the car, they should be in konica.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:50 (Ref:813911)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its a function of dollars though aj_308.. if you watch your pennies closely as your bankbook is being drained, speed suffers.... it is not sustainable in this form in the medium to long term....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:53 (Ref:813915)   #29
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
especially with the prospect now of having to buy another driver, would i assume correctly cam's wage was subsidised by holden?
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:59 (Ref:813920)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
McConville would likely be a contractor/employee of LRT, and also have income from the Holden "Team Of Champions" arrangement which would preclude him racing other brands of car.in return for $$ and seats in a factory supported Holden team...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:04 (Ref:813928)   #31
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
therefore, a driver without this salary suppliment, assuming he is of the same ability, would be looking for higher remuneration, which it seems lrt could not provide. its a backwards step at best for them.

Last edited by aj_308; 17 Dec 2003 at 12:05.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:06 (Ref:813931)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There are drivers out there who would drive for beer money... just look at the deal Dean Canto took to drive at 888...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:08 (Ref:813933)   #33
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
and its subsequent results..
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:12 (Ref:813938)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Of course.. you pay peanuts, you get a wallmagnet... although to hear some people tell it, 888/Briggs had a conspiracy going against the Canto car
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:15 (Ref:813941)   #35
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
rat is a lot more experienced.. i do rate canto as a good endurace driver but dont see him making any better an impression full time.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:31 (Ref:813955)   #36
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are still a few Holden drivers out there without a full time drive. Even if it's only to keep them up to pace for the endurance races and or biding time til the team reverts to a 2 car team in 2005 when the Noske licence lease is fullfilled.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 19:55 (Ref:814431)   #37
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see Cam get a competitive drive for next year & hopefully can start getting the results that a driver of his talent deserves.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:05 (Ref:814493)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Give Cam McLean the LRT seat!!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:20 (Ref:814511)   #39
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking the same thing GTR
Old 17 Dec 2003, 22:32 (Ref:814604)   #40
McLean Fan
Racer

Australia
Currumbin
McLean Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gawd no ! McLean should have got Luff's seat.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:11 (Ref:814633)   #41
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Crash could put a certain QLD Mazda Wagon drivers name forward for LRT
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:16 (Ref:814641)   #42
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime, WW in with LRT, now ur talking hehe, or bring a Dairy Farmer out of retirement
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:16 (Ref:814642)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I agree with you McLean Fan... DJR wont notice the error of their ways for a while...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:22 (Ref:814650)   #44
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, so your not the only one who thinks the Luff move was a bit premature, that everyone went a little too nuts over the Mallala and Bathurst results? wasnt he a few secs of McConvilles times when he was with LRT?
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:28 (Ref:814654)   #45
RaceTime
Veteran

This comes back to the old problem though - comparing apples and oranges.

Whilst V8 SoupCars have their projct Blueprint, the only real way of comparing any two drivers, is in the same car.

Hmmmm Why hasn't someone come up with a standard Falcon or a standard Commodore that can be used for this type of assessment - or would some drivers be 'worried' about being shown up???

Last edited by RaceTime; 17 Dec 2003 at 23:28.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:29 (Ref:814655)   #46
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because LRT is owned by one of the biggest smash repairers in the country dosent mean that Wakefield is a walk up start

I recon that Luffy may surprise a few of you guys, his performances in these cars over the last few years has been pretty bloody good. Especially considering the relative lack of experience in the machines.

My pick for someone who deserves a full-time drive, has to be Greg Ritter. His performances this year were fantastic considering the effort that was placed into repairds to his team-mate's car. Cam Mac would do a good job no doubt, Youlden has an aggreement with Supercheap, I guess, but he would be good to see in the full show.

I wish Cam all the best and hope that he is not let down by the standard of any equipment supplied to him as can be the case in a two car team, but I would be surprised if his new contract doesnt preclude this from happening.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:08 (Ref:814694)   #47
McLean Fan
Racer

Australia
Currumbin
McLean Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
DJR wont notice the error of their ways for a while...
They're certainly creatures of habit in that regard !
Old 18 Dec 2003, 12:25 (Ref:815035)   #48
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be great to see Cam in a drive again next year, thats for sure.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 04:57 (Ref:816589)   #49
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would be almost 100% behind Cameron McLean!!

At the moment it is a buyer's market with respect to drivers, so it's anyone's guess.

Does anyone know any drivers sitting around with $$$ to bring to a team as well as their "talent" - however that may be measured!
Old 20 Dec 2003, 05:10 (Ref:816595)   #50
RaceTime
Veteran

Wayne Wakefield?