Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Oct 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2037279)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I was pleased to see the show was seemingly back on form.

As Craig said, there was just a little too much emphasis on the arsing around in the last series, and not enough motoring action. Not that I'm against arsing around per se (I've even been known to do it myself), but the previously perfect balance seemed to have been lost.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 08:17 (Ref:2037465)   #27
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Hammond is just looking old full stop.....!!

It seemed a good balance this week so am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 11:13 (Ref:2037619)   #28
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good first episode. That Golf was a bit mental, while the road they found was pure class.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 17:44 (Ref:2037891)   #29
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good first episode. great seeing may sweating behind others. 10 episodes not enough.
girlfriend thought hammond looking bit gay too. could be a women thing.

looking forward to see if they can keep the action up for all series.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 21:46 (Ref:2038071)   #30
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i tell you what guys, this new top gear season looks awesome! can't wait to see the rest of the series!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 22:02 (Ref:2038082)   #31
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great first episode, like others have said last season was great too but at times there was a bit too much arsing about, (although the trip to the US was a classic!) last weeks episode had just the right balance of mucking about and action.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2038088)   #32
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When they showed the series tit-bits it looked like they were going to be doing more boats...which should be good!
Old 12 Oct 2007, 08:23 (Ref:2038297)   #33
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah that was on BBC news too a while back....and a race up the Thames sortof thing too.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 11:40 (Ref:2038439)   #34
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
When they showed the series tit-bits it looked like they were going to be doing more boats...which should be good!
Apparently they're going across the channel this time.

I really enjoyed the first one - it had a nice balance of mucking around and talking about cars. Loved James May's choice of car for their European road trip.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Oct 2007, 20:15 (Ref:2038807)   #35
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have only gotten into trouble twice this year

The boats caused them real problems from a government agency who got upset that they weren't let in on it (allegedly). The other was due to some driving in Africa.

Put it this way, the amphibian race this year is a bit more impressive than last year's across a lake attempt.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 15:59 (Ref:2039291)   #36
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will look forward to he boat race tomorow-it will go back to normal for the top gear boys!!!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 11:30 (Ref:2041594)   #37
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Meanwhile, from what I believe is technically known as the Department for Get A Life You Useless Tosspots...
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2041636)   #38
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Who on earth is going to start smoking because they saw people on Top Gear with pipes?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:38 (Ref:2041692)   #39
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can watch the uncut news sections on the top gear website.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...ctions/videos/
Old 16 Oct 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2041872)   #40
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Who on earth is going to start smoking because they saw people on Top Gear with pipes?
They looked sooo ridiculous that it would put you off, surely?

In any case how are they going to prove that it was tobacco in there? They could have been smoking anything
Old 16 Oct 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2041883)   #41
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
According to the article on the BBC website it was "herbal tobacco". That is controversial.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2041912)   #42
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They did seem to be giggling a bit
Old 17 Oct 2007, 18:59 (Ref:2042964)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do the people who complain about these things have jobs they could be doing instead?

Who sits there watching an episode of Top Gear and gets so upset that they throw tantrums at Ofcom or whoever? It's not like it matters.

These people make me want to start smoking again!
Old 18 Oct 2007, 12:16 (Ref:2043510)   #44
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the impression a lot of these groups watch TG for the express purpose of being able to get their own 5 minutes of fame afterwards for complaining about something!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 00:51 (Ref:2049791)   #45
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i met all the guys and (several) stigs at the silverstone 24hr. i was marshalling at it. all i can say if they have the footage right then this will be one amazing episode. the best thing was all the guys were like caricutures of themselves all weekend. most of the other race teams questioned why they were there and allowed to race but i have to say despite several setbacks and some hairy moments they aqquited themselves briallantly and would be welcome back anytime. its on 25th november and well worth the watch. it will show you what these guys can do if they try and stop pratting about!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:15 (Ref:2049949)   #46
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that would be good to watch-so they raced for the whole 24hours?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 18:45 (Ref:2050494)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, they lost about a hundred laps when Hammond stacked it into the barrier.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 18:51 (Ref:2050502)   #48
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, yes. "The 'daredevil' Top Gear presenter, Richard Hammond, has suffered another high speed shunt less than 12 months since he was almost killed in a TV 'stunt'" as it was reported on the radio
Old 24 Oct 2007, 19:11 (Ref:2050515)   #49
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, they lost about a hundred laps when Hammond stacked it into the barrier.
Actully it was the Chad Racing Molser.....
Old 24 Oct 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2050517)   #50
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
What is a Molser?