Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jan 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2099118)   #26
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys got cold? Ha!

The Queen Birthday weekend is also the date for a round of the Vic State Motor Racing Championships at Phillip Island.

So when you guys were complaining about the cold, at least you were not knee deep in mud.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2099149)   #27
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with Newstalker.

If you can find the Auditor Generals report on the so called benefits to the ACT of running the 400 (or severe lack of) if you can understand it it makes interesting reading.

A copy is a must read for the Townsville local government.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 01:59 (Ref:2099665)   #28
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auditors...tell em something at your own risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
I'm with Newstalker.

If you can find the Auditor Generals report on the so called benefits to the ACT of running the 400 (or severe lack of) if you can understand it it makes interesting reading.

A copy is a must read for the Townsville local government.
http://www.audit.act.gov.au/auditrep...eport_5_02.pdf

Canberra resident Mark Harrison was employed by the ACT Auditor-General to examine a Government decision to back a series of V8 car races. He was shocked at what he found.

MARK HARRISON: The Cabinet submission couldn't even add up the numbers properly in its columns. It didn't discount future cash flows, which had the effect of exaggerating the net benefits of the project by more than a third. It didn't deal adequately with the risks that were being imposed on ACT taxpayers by the agreement to underwrite the race. It involved double counting, and the benefits it did list were vastly exaggerated, I estimated by over 50%.

The shoddy state of the assessments used to justify big events is an open secret among Australian economists.

JOHN MADDEN, MONASH UNIVERSITY: The areas of analysis that economists have turned their attention to normally get rigorously analysed.

PETER FORSYTH, MONASH UNIVERSITY: Investments in roads or very fast trains or in the energy industry, the sort of standard of evaluation for those would be much higher than typically gets done for special events.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 02:29 (Ref:2099678)   #29
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i remember that race i was fuming when they declared The Rat and Jnr winners, it was the weirdest ending though.
Fuming because the rules were followed?
Old 5 Jan 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2099806)   #30
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well being only 11 at the time (while i still act it sometimes) i didn't know the rules as much as i do now, i knew Holden & Ford and most of the flags the basic stuff, and being Holden biased i just was fuming thinking Rusty and LP were robbed, but had this race happened now will still being a little upset a Ford won (as i am anytime a Ford wins) but i would be happy the rules were followed and according to those rules it was fair game, just like i am now i want a Holden to win especially one of my favourite drivers but as long as rules are followed and it's good racing i'm happy, but try telling a 11 year old Holden fan that.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2100145)   #31
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all cool pwr, imagine being a nine-year-old Johnson fan at Bathurst 1992......

Last edited by racer69; 5 Jan 2008 at 16:06.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2100157)   #32
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Canberra, that starting grid just looked insane. MotorsTV introduced us to the V8's that year. Apart from seeing a few images from Bathurst in various crash compilation on the telly I had no idea what they raced with in Australia.

Large grids, three races per weekend, close action and various street circuits. It looked like the best touring car action in the world. I liked Canberra, just hope the new NZ street circuit is anywhere as neat as Canberra.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2100294)   #33
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The year I went to the Canberra 400 was back in 2002 as my wife wanted to visit a friend that lived there so we had accomodation and she went shopping and I went to the racing all weekend. I remember a funny moment as I went in as I had a pass for paddock/pits and as I went thru the gate to go and see a mate in the Lansvale Team I was stopped by security. The women on duty said I sorry you can't go in there and I thought yes I can showing her my pass the thing she didn't like was that I had a Souths Trainers jacket on and the week before Souths played Canberra in Canberra and won....we didn't win many back then but it was salt that I loved rubbing in...

The race weekend was great and it was a shame that it was canned.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 00:08 (Ref:2100397)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
It's all cool pwr, imagine being a nine-year-old Johnson fan at Bathurst 1992......

racer your such an a hole
Old 6 Jan 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2100474)   #35
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
well being only 11 at the time (while i still act it sometimes) i didn't know the rules as much as i do now, i knew Holden & Ford and most of the flags the basic stuff, and being Holden biased i just was fuming thinking Rusty and LP were robbed, but had this race happened now will still being a little upset a Ford won (as i am anytime a Ford wins) but i would be happy the rules were followed and according to those rules it was fair game, just like i am now i want a Holden to win especially one of my favourite drivers but as long as rules are followed and it's good racing i'm happy, but try telling a 11 year old Holden fan that.
I normally don't do this, however I want to point out that there is such thing as a full stop. Try reading that para of yours out loud without taking a breath. Or better still, try using a full stop. Without them, the impact of your posts diminishes due to lack of clarity and readability.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2748269)   #36
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminders!

Every damn morning on my way to work I am reminded of a political decision to can a Motorsport event!

Old 22 Aug 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2748280)   #37
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Every damn morning on my way to work I am reminded of a political decision to can a Motorsport event!

they're all over the show, at one stage you could see heaps of them scattered all over the kings highway road works....

if you want even more of a reminder, go drive the actual track layout... all the track markings are still there along with the rubber left behind in the braking zones etc...