Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 May 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2193957)   #26
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Ginetta races were excellent but the Porsches and the Seats were very poor. Low numbers and generally spaced out. (Porches got together at one stage but then spread out again.

Now to see what tomorrow brings.

Jim
Old 4 May 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2193975)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well we're in the Hol Inn at the 'mo. I'm told the hostility at the circuit will be a bit special tomorrow.

Then I have to race.
Old 5 May 2008, 05:59 (Ref:2194169)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope all of you have a good day,I was very nearly into the Audi and on my way up but business before pleasure!
Old 5 May 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2194530)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Me and Jim had a great day. P6 in wet Qual. Then slipped to P10 overall 2nd in class ,no gripes but i dont know who does the class structure.Austin Westminster against XK120.
Old 5 May 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2194538)   #30
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bank Holiday Monday.

As posted elsewhere. I just got back from Bank Holiday Monday at Donington. I had a good day, it was dry, and I wish I had a Cologne Capri.
Well done to the TVR Griff too, sounded sweet. A.35s made me weep for the old days, and want to take one home with me to play with by the fire.
Old 5 May 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2194586)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why,do you live in a fridge?
Well done Delta,I did'nt think XKs were that quick.LOL
Old 5 May 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2194590)   #32
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent days racing the quality of the cars racing in this series is always breathtakingly good really enjoyed seeing the Batmobile BMWs all topped off with wonderful sunshine.

Well done to the race officials the meeting ran like clockwork very impressive there are a few clubs who could learn from today.

Ian

PS what happened to Peter Mallett ? your car sounded awful at the start of the green flag lap.
Old 6 May 2008, 04:49 (Ref:2194886)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dunno,

Hey ho.
Old 6 May 2008, 05:52 (Ref:2194900)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Great to have a chat with you again Peter.We have all been there with missfire probs that dont go away.If you need ant help send me an e mail. Peter Baldwin is the man to sort you out. Keep smiling.
Old 6 May 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2194924)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Did the Snetterton mystery return Peter? Sticky valve perhaps?
Old 6 May 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2194942)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Did the Snetterton mystery return Peter? Sticky valve perhaps?
what did you eat Peter ?
Old 6 May 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2194965)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No idea what it is, but if it isn't sorted by next week I shan't be going to Spa in June. No point in wasting time and money.

But it was good to chat to folks yesterday and frustrating because nobody in my class went faster than my previous best time!
Old 6 May 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2194977)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
No idea what it is, but if it isn't sorted by next week I shan't be going to Spa in June. No point in wasting time and money.

But it was good to chat to folks yesterday and frustrating because nobody in my class went faster than my previous best time!
If you need a hand-------
Old 6 May 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2195020)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Applause is not necessary!

But leave it to Ken. He's as puzzled as the rest of us.
Old 6 May 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2195247)   #40
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed the day, did wander into the Mallet garage but thought best keep quiet - seemed like you were having a day to forget Peter.

That Cologne Capri of Shaun Lynne's together with the Batmobiles were gorgeous, a promising start to the 70's series I thought.

Don't realy understand why an XK was in the oldies but goldies and anyone know why the Piper was disqualified from the Cloth Cap race?
Old 6 May 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2195256)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Speedy Norm we are baffled as well.
Old 6 May 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2195265)   #42
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm
anyone know why the Piper was disqualified from the Cloth Cap race?
It was excluded due to non compliance with tyre regulations.
Old 6 May 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2195297)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
But But,they were the only ones that would fit!
Old 6 May 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2195315)   #44
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wasnt it an invitation class anyway... that would explain for its turn of pace - what was it using?
Pretty ironic when you consider that was probably its only crime yet the golden oldies A35 and 40's were probably more techied up than most peoples road cars!
Old 6 May 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2195321)   #45
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Simon - you know me better than to comment on individual cases but, in principle, even 'invitation classes' have to comply with certain series regulations.
Old 6 May 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2195325)   #46
Andy Bacon
Rookie

England
Bedford and Phuket
Andy Bacon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
wasnt it an invitation class anyway... that would explain for its turn of pace - what was it using?
Pretty ironic when you consider that was probably its only crime yet the golden oldies A35 and 40's were probably more techied up than most peoples road cars!
Simon
Please can you expand on the comment about A35's & A40's.
Old 6 May 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2195332)   #47
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
they seem very quick
Old 6 May 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2195385)   #48
honkit
Rookie

honkit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that the A40 have a very handy pilot behind the wheel.
Old 6 May 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2195413)   #49
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Cloth Cap is Dunlop Ls only. I was next to him on the grid and took a look and noticed they were not Ls. But I'm not (yet) a "tyre spotter" so couldn't tell what they were.
Old 6 May 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2195431)   #50
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
where they 'L'okahomas?

'wrong' tyres is pretty low on the cheating agenda, amazing it wasn't noticed beforehand frankly