Old 17 Sep 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2760825)   #26
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I'm down for the Nov visit - roughly what time do they start / finish? I presume we get an e-mail re details of exactly when to go etc etc in advance?

Thanks, Gary
You will get an email from Stephen about a week before your visit date. Last Friday's visit started at 1400. Assume that is probably the norm. Visit lasts a couple of hours approximately.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2761677)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
That's right, it will be about a week before the event as I have to check with Nicole first to see what time she wants to start etc, but as Peter says, it is usually around 2pm
Old 12 Nov 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2789300)   #28
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a brief note after today's tour to thank Stephen for organising and to Nicole (Ross Brawn's PA) for hosting the tour itself.

Nicole has a very impressive knowledge of the workings of the organisation and of the technical / development / logistical processes. She's been with them for 13 years I think she said - from BAR, Honda to Mercedes.

Obviously the team were in Abu Dhabi so there were no cars there although we did get to see the remnants of Nico Rosberg's car damaged at the Korean GP. All of the work we saw on making components was on next year's car parts but obviously the car itself isn't built yet. The car bays were empty other than the above damaged car and one of the old Brawns although this was covered up having just been out of the factory.

As you would expect it's amazing to see what lengths they go to in all areas of car design, production etc and I could never justify it with enough words but just very, very impressive.

Stopped off in B'ham on the way home as going to the NEC Classic Car Show tomorrow - the other extreme of car development no doubt!

Gary