Old 17 Apr 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2673996)   #26
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I have concentrated on different areas to most other people here.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3645710

I like the track the way it is already, it looks nice, so I decided to keep all of the corners, but extend the track out in places, if you know what I mean. Apart from the last section obviously as you can see.
Really like that. Keeps all of the origional flowing rolercoaster track, but al the extensions should be good passing zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
I liked that nickyf1. So much so that I used the "extend in bits" idea in another one of mine:

LINK

3.19 miles. Like my previous one, has a longer straight for pits. I tried to design it so that run-off wouldn't be too short, unlike the current design, yet keep as much of the character of the current track as possible.

I like this one more than my previous one, I think.
Good,I like. Keeps alot of the origional track and some good extensions. The full origional track can be raced with the added leg aswell. Longer pit straight is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Wuzzle View Post
Total length should be around 3.3 mi. I've kept all of the existing track except for what I've had to leave out for the extension.

The new track splits off from T13 and goes downhill through T16. Track heads back uphill through the T17/18 esses until T19, with a sharp drop like the Corkscrew. Bottoms out in T21 (the turn that leads onto the straight) and goes up slightly to T22, then back over the hill and down to the existing course, rejoining in the middle of T14a.
I think my favorite one. I think a connection between 3 and 6 would be nice just to help create multiple track layouts, and one so the track can do what Dyewat did. Pitstraight isn't lengthened, but it uses origional track and should be fine with the added track. I still think there should be a small piece of track on the backstraight to go flatout kink the chicane.

When someone wants a new track designed or one altered, they should just come to 10tenths, screw all these expensive architects, we'll do it for way less.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2674135)   #27
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Make that doing. You've seen the private track challenge yet?
Old 17 Apr 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2674155)   #28
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
Really like that. Keeps all of the origional flowing rolercoaster track, but al the extensions should be good passing zones.

Good,I like. Keeps alot of the origional track and some good extensions. The full origional track can be raced with the added leg aswell. Longer pit straight is nice.

I think my favorite one. I think a connection between 3 and 6 would be nice just to help create multiple track layouts, and one so the track can do what Dyewat did. Pitstraight isn't lengthened, but it uses origional track and should be fine with the added track. I still think there should be a small piece of track on the backstraight to go flatout kink the chicane.

When someone wants a new track designed or one altered, they should just come to 10tenths, screw all these expensive architects, we'll do it for way less.
-----------

Thanks for the feedback! It does make me laugh, that bit about the architects. Some of the designs I see here are MILES better than anything in the real world (Main culprit = Tilke)

And slightly off-topic, I apologise, but quintin03, has something like the private track challenge been done before - I've looked through back-pages of Tenths on My Tracks and found something similar?
Old 17 Apr 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2674287)   #29
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, a guy identifying himself as Aidimack owns a dragstrip, kart track and motocross track in Malaysia which he wanted to expand with a small club circuit. Luigi got that done. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=120514&page=2
Old 17 Apr 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2674417)   #30
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
Yes, a guy identifying himself as Aidimack owns a dragstrip, kart track and motocross track in Malaysia which he wanted to expand with a small club circuit. Luigi got that done. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=120514&page=2

Further proof, if it were needed, that Tenths is THE place to be in the motorsports world.

To make that clear folks: the guys here aren't just creating tracks of complete fantasy - we're designing real tracks that are actually built in real life!

And on topic again (), I've finished my track design - I'm just messing around with it on Google Earth and clearing up a few things, as well as adding a bit of detail.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2676618)   #31
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems as if I'm a little late to the party but I like what I've done - nothing too radical, trying to keep as much of the original as possible, and what I have added has been added with flow and challenge in mind
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2676920)   #32
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really like that one jab. Pit enterance may be alittle to tight at that angle. Either add a new enterance for the extension or maybe a chicane there?
Old 4 May 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2684314)   #33
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All that I've done is sharpening Turn 1 and the left at the end of the backstretch and - the most obvious change: I removed the S-curve in the middle of the backstretch to enable a longer high speed run. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3698606