Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2001, 12:41 (Ref:140045)   #26
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones

Can only speak for myself here ttc, and for me it is great to see him up there. He read the track conditions perfectly and went for broke and succeeded.This is what qualifying is all about so why shouldn't his fans be happy.Each driver has 45 mins and 12 laps to do the best he can. We, ( the JPM fans) have put up up with anti JPM posts all year and It doesn't bother me at all, everyone , provided they are intelligent about it is entitled to their views. Why , when we have something to celebrate, does it bother you?

Try not to be a partypooper there ttc, life is too short
Bother me? Not at all. Like I said, he did well.

But to take this as an indication or act of miracle to canonize him or validate yourself against AGGY, oh well...
Old 2 Sep 2001, 12:54 (Ref:140048)   #27
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's sort of a shame how arse Montoya's Sunday went...first the stall on the second parade, and then the engine blowing.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 14:12 (Ref:140060)   #28
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Victor Broccoli
It's sort of a shame how arse Montoya's Sunday went...first the stall on the second parade, and then the engine blowing.

the qualifying wasted....what happened to RS?
Old 2 Sep 2001, 14:15 (Ref:140061)   #29
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

All I'll say is live by the car and fail by the car.

Although Juan can be fast and flashy, he has also shown that he cannot "carry the car". The BMW engineers usually have done a heck of a job flattering this CART driver. However, if the car is not up to par......

Old 2 Sep 2001, 14:22 (Ref:140064)   #30
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by RT
All I'll say is live by the car and fail by the car.

Although Juan can be fast and flashy, he has also shown that he cannot "carry the car". The BMW engineers usually have done a heck of a job flattering this CART driver. However, if the car is not up to par......

AGGY! where are you?!? You can come back now!!

Last edited by f1grandprixshop; 2 Sep 2001 at 14:23.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 14:53 (Ref:140087)   #31
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1grandprixshop

AGGY! where are you?!? You can come back now!!

I`m here awaiting your explaination of Montoya`s multiple cock-ups.

WELL!!!
Old 2 Sep 2001, 15:15 (Ref:140110)   #32
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
A very predictable response from AGGY, desperately hoping the race tomorrow will go his way so he can show his face around here on the subject of JPM again.

...oops, sorry
MS
DC
And Montoya acting out his rookie role to perfection.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 15:22 (Ref:140122)   #33
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1grandprixshop
the qualifying wasted....what happened to RS?
*Steph starts screaming and banging head against desk in frustration at ridiculous Williams muck-up*
Old 2 Sep 2001, 15:29 (Ref:140127)   #34
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It goes to show that he was lucky on the time of picking the right tyres for the qual. The showed his true colours in the race...
Say no more
Old 2 Sep 2001, 15:50 (Ref:140147)   #35
AGGY
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: AGGY...your views on Montoya´s pole ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
[B]
Quote:

Any credibilty you have is fast disappearing AGGY

What credibility was that? I never noticed any.
MS
DC
RS
MK this is the order of likely finishers.

3 out of 4 ain`t bad huh.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 19:56 (Ref:140268)   #36
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh well, there's still MOnza!

DOH
Old 2 Sep 2001, 20:07 (Ref:140274)   #37
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh well, there's still MOnza!

DOH
You mean MONza as in MONtoya ZAps the car again?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun)

Cheers,

RT

Old 2 Sep 2001, 20:17 (Ref:140279)   #38
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RT

You mean MONza as in MONtoya ZAps the car again?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun)

Cheers,

RT

OK, You can all kick now
I went out on a limb and it broke!!!!!!

Double D'OH

Last edited by Alan Jones; 2 Sep 2001 at 20:18.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 21:00 (Ref:140306)   #39
Victor Broccoli
Racer

It just wasn't the weekend for Williams.

Do note, however, that up until Monty's engine fried, e was putting up one heck of a charge through the field.

I think Montoya's problems started when he got advice from Johnny about his F1 career
Old 2 Sep 2001, 21:05 (Ref:140308)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey Alan, I think MONza wille TGF again...
Old 3 Sep 2001, 04:32 (Ref:140428)   #41
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY

I`m here awaiting your explaination of Montoya`s multiple cock-ups.

WELL!!!

so, is it JPM's fault or the car's? I'm sure you'll say it JPM's, then so be it!
Old 3 Sep 2001, 20:48 (Ref:140798)   #42
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh blimey does this never end???

JPM took pole because he was out at the end of the session on dry tyres, hence Heinz's 4th place on the grid too.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 21:43 (Ref:140839)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never... until AGGY stop trashing everyone.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 23:08 (Ref:140878)   #44
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AGGY,

unfortunately for you the following facts hold true:

JPM blew the entire field (including RS) off the track in qualifying.

JPM blew RS off the track in the race.

("but...but...but....his engine blew...his engine blew....).

JPM was simply a lot faster than his overrated team mate at a curcuit which reuqires prodigous skill and nerve. RS didn't have either of these factors in either qualifying or the race. Did you see how he pulled over and said "AFTER YOU, CLAUDE" to his brother on the first lap? Pathetic!! JPM would have stayed ahead, even you must admit that. As you have often said, the Williams is the best car at power tracks, and RS couldn't even get past Alesi who was in a VASTLY inferior car at a circuit where overtaking by modern standards is very easy.

But, as you so eloquently said, and if I may continue afterwards, "3 out of 4 aint bad huh...."

.....huh huh huh huh huh huh huh oh superman, oh judge, huh huh huh huh oh mum and dad, mum and dad huh huh huh huh (pop music joke for people about 30-40 yrs old did anyone get it or are you all about 15?).
Old 3 Sep 2001, 23:10 (Ref:140880)   #45
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

"JPM was simply a lot faster than his overrated team mate at a curcuit which reuqires prodigous skill and nerve. "

Sory about my spelling of require there. Do you remember at school "I before E except after C"? Well, thjis one's "U befoe Q when I'm talking to you!".
Old 3 Sep 2001, 23:54 (Ref:140909)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Old 4 Sep 2001, 03:25 (Ref:140952)   #47
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
[B]AGGY,

unfortunately for you the following facts hold true:

JPM blew RS off the track in the race.
As does trulli relatively speaking,what`s your point?.

Being good in changeable conditions doesn`t always translate into being good on dry tracks...i don`t get to see qualifing,but as i predicted JPM would not win and cock it up...did you forget his turning into another car on the restart...and then have to effectively go back to the end again....just more and more mistakes from this guy.

("but...but...but....his engine blew...his engine blew....).

Quote:
JPM was simply a lot faster than his overrated team mate at a curcuit which reuqires prodigous skill and nerve. RS didn't have either of these factors in either qualifying or the race. Did you see how he pulled over and said "AFTER YOU, CLAUDE" to his brother on the first lap? Pathetic!! JPM would have stayed ahead, even you must admit that. As you have often said, the Williams is the best car at power tracks, and RS couldn't even get past Alesi who was in a VASTLY inferior car at a circuit where overtaking by modern standards is very easy.
Like it or not RAlf has 3 wins and finished 4th a Hungary instead of 8th behind saubers,both saubers.

Ralf didn`t perform too well....but to suggest on the basis of one performance Jpm is better or an equal is plain silly,i waited untill this race to decide about Jpm...and i`ve decided he`s overated and unlikely to win WDC ever.

Quote:
But, as you so eloquently said, and if I may continue afterwards, "3 out of 4 aint bad huh...."
If i`m so ignorant...how did i pick 1st,2nd and 4th place finishers.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 04:07 (Ref:140969)   #48
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Quote:

Being good in changeable conditions doesn`t always translate into being good on dry tracks...i don`t get to see qualifing,but as i predicted JPM would not win and cock it up...did you forget his turning into another car on the restart...and then have to effectively go back to the end again....just more and more mistakes from this guy.
On that same note, also see how after being pushed back at La Source he passed a handful of cars including Ralf before his car went out. Also note the fact that the fact that JPM retired was engine related. It wasn't a cock-up on the part of JPM (although Monaco was). And the fact that he was forced back to the end was due to the fact that he was pushed wide because Heidfeld and De La Rosa had to swerve to avoid tapping each other. JPM was then forced to brake and go wide. Once again, not his error but him reacting to what was happening on the track.

Quote:

Ralf didn`t perform too well....but to suggest on the basis of one performance Jpm is better or an equal is plain silly.i waited untill this race to decide about Jpm...and i`ve decided he`s overated and unlikely to win WDC ever.
So you're deciding your opinion of a driver during this, of all weekends, when his team was completely off form and the driver was forced out of the race due to the engine expiring? And if you're making such decision, did you realize that JPM was scything his way through the field rather handily and a points finish was not out of the question on a weekend where Williams was struggling horribly. I don't see too much of a point in shortsighting a rookie like this. JPM has done a good job in his rookie season (although Kimi is doing a great job) and it's quite possible that if JPM can stick with Williams (likely due to Button's inability to get near Fisi at Renaulton) a WDC is likely.

Quote:
If i`m so ignorant...how did i pick 1st,2nd and 4th place finishers.
I should've taken your picks for the Results Prediction Competition then Congrats on the great picks, although I'dve proclaimed you a genius if you'd seen Fisi's 3rd place coming.

Note that the editing was tidying up my HTML tags.

Last edited by Victor Broccoli; 4 Sep 2001 at 04:08.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 04:30 (Ref:140979)   #49
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
. It wasn't a cock-up on the part of JPM (although Monaco was). And the fact that he was forced back to the end was due to the fact that he was pushed wide because Heidfeld and De La Rosa had to swerve to avoid tapping each other. JPM was then forced to brake and go wide. Once again, not his error but him reacting to what was happening on the track.
I didn`t see it like that...JPM pulled in tight to his right...couldn`t he see two cars fighting for postion,doesn`t he know how to steer clear of trouble...i saw an overhead and simply couldn`t believe how much he turned in.

Quote:
So you're deciding your opinion of a driver during this, of all weekends, when his team was completely off form and the driver was forced out of the race due to the engine expiring?
But i just stated i waited untill this race..that is i`ve given him 10 races including Spa...where i saw mistakes all over the place,yes some are the teams fault,but too many problems surround this guy.

If Frank wants to enact team orders from race one next year...but wait,what value when you come 8th or crash.

Cart.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 11:32 (Ref:141088)   #50
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Nonsense.

I was there. I watched the rain pour down before the session. Throughout it, the times began to tumble. Who was out at the end? JPM. Hence his time being 10 seconds quicker than the Minardis and Arrows who didn't get chance to do a dry run.

Pole is pole yes, and very impressive, but in the circumstances any of about 12 other drivers could have taken pole. JPM was out at the right time on the right tyres, and for that the team must take credit, but to give any more than that is just not looking at the facts.

Tags
jpm