Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3294718)   #26
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
People are making assumptions as to how and why this has occurred. Look, I'm no fan of Tucker on multiple levels, but unless you know all the facts in this, commenting as if you do is ridiculous. Do we know if there were issues at ESM for Cosmo, leading him to look elsewhere?
Simple answer, no. At this point, do these things even matter anymore anyway?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3294724)   #27
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To some people, and to differing degrees and for different reasons, but judging by the fact that there were responses ... I'd say "Yes."
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3294727)   #28
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Cosmo's move is completely valid. Morally, it may seem like a backstab, but when you are in the field of racing you have to bite the bullet sometimes and make the choice that is best for your career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Well I hope Viper continue their success. That 25kg might say otherwise though.
BoP is a b*tch. But the Vipers generally behave better than any other over the street course bumps. I'll say with confidence that the SRT GTS-R will be the fastest car overall, shortly followed by BMW.

Quote:
People are making assumptions as to how and why this has occurred. Look, I'm no fan of Tucker on multiple levels, but unless you know all the facts in this, commenting as if you do is ridiculous. Do we know if there were issues at ESM for Cosmo, leading him to look elsewhere?
And you know what happens when you "assume"... you make an ass out of u and me. But I can live with that...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3294750)   #29
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I kinda wish Guy would've announced he was leaving to join a DP team. The Great Ten-Tenths Sportscar Forum Meltdown of Two-Aught-Thirteen would've been one for the ages.

But take heart, fellow Moral Crusaders: I understand Federal prosecutors have added "Driver Theft" to the list of charges against Tucker, so justice will be served.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3294767)   #30
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
BullMan, the Champ Car ski jump was at San Jose in 2005, but thankfully, it was fixed for 2006. Baltimore is hardly the first street circuit to have to deal with rail lines, and clearly, solutions do exist. Heck, there isn't an issue on the other side of the course, where those same light rail tracks cross.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3294776)   #31
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Cosmo had a falling out with Brown/Sharp and got released from his contract.

Tucker didn't steal him.

P5's manager(Cosmo called him) jump on it right away because they been looking for a silver/bronze driver all year.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3294779)   #32
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Cosmo had a falling out with Brown/Sharp and got released from his contract.

Tucker didn't steal him.

P5's manager(Cosmo called him) jump on it right away because they been looking for a silver/bronze driver all year.
Seriously, stop posting facts. It's ruining the vibe of the forum.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...joins-level-5/
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3294824)   #33
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I won't condemn either Scott Tucker or Guy Cosmo until I know all the details there. Glad to see Guy has a good ride, glad to see Anthony Lazarro with ESM, glad ESM filled the seat with a good driver.
You are right, I should give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3294854)   #34
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The only thing worthy of discussion IMO, is that they ranked Lazarro a Silver driver, which really is a joke... though I understand they did this because Cosmo was silver as well, and they needed to even things up. The Driver rankings for P2 are going away for next year, why not just drop them entirely instead of this farce.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 21:35 (Ref:3294941)   #35
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The only thing worthy of discussion IMO, is that they ranked Lazarro a Silver driver, which really is a joke... though I understand they did this because Cosmo was silver as well, and they needed to even things up. The Driver rankings for P2 are going away for next year, why not just drop them entirely instead of this farce.
I really dislike the driver ranking system, just the idea of it even, much less the implementation of it.
But next year won't all of the drivers have to be ranked anyway, regardless of which class they usually run, in case they decide to run a race in PC, GTD, or Conti Challenge?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3294966)   #36
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The only thing worthy of discussion IMO, is that they ranked Lazarro a Silver driver, which really is a joke...
While I'm fully aware of the ridiculousness of the ratings system, I can't argue very hard that a 50 year old guy whose most consistent ride the last decade+ has been in Prototype Lites shouldn't be a silver.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3294971)   #37
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Seriously, stop posting facts. It's ruining the vibe of the forum.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...joins-level-5/

Christian Mogami is one the most insightful and knowledgeable people we have on our forum. He is in the know in every sense of the word. He always know's more than we are ever privy to. Most things he says, you cannot find on any motorsport news site and they have been true more often than not. I would love for him to keep doing his thing without interference.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3294975)   #38
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously the invisible sarcasm emoticon went undetected here.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3295031)   #39
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Christian Mogami is one the most insightful and knowledgeable people we have on our forum. He is in the know in every sense of the word. He always know's more than we are ever privy to. Most things he says, you cannot find on any motorsport news site and they have been true more often than not. I would love for him to keep doing his thing without interference.
Think yours is broken.

Old 28 Aug 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3295065)   #40
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

http://bit.ly/YiLORw

The Ten-Tenths supported Official ALMS Spotter Guide for Baltimore is now available to download. As you will have read, changes at RSR, Level 5 and ESM this week are included (although L5's driver roster is still TBC).

Also, as some of you may have seen on John Dagys Speed/Fox Sports Blog, there have been some small changes at Dempsey Del Piero resulting in a small updated livery with new sponsor.

Dempsey Del Piero have kindly allowed me to release this change, so thanks to them.

WEC guide also available (will be updated later this week.......)

You can download the guide here:- http://bit.ly/YiLORw

Last edited by andy_b; 28 Aug 2013 at 07:59.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3295296)   #41
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Andy!

Good to see Marc Bunting will be back in with a Baltimore-backed TRG car.

Anyone else from the forums going to be there?
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3295301)   #42
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
BullMan, the Champ Car ski jump was at San Jose in 2005, but thankfully, it was fixed for 2006. Baltimore is hardly the first street circuit to have to deal with rail lines, and clearly, solutions do exist. Heck, there isn't an issue on the other side of the course, where those same light rail tracks cross.
The tracks on the back side of the course are crossed at a greatly reduced speed compared to the front stretch. I'd imagine the same problems would exist if the speed was higher.

The track map on the IMSA website doesn't show a chicane so maybe they're going to try again or some work was done this past year to improve the situation.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3295303)   #43
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Thanks Andy!

Good to see Marc Bunting will be back in with a Baltimore-backed TRG car.

Anyone else from the forums going to be there?
I'll be there.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3295306)   #44
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicknell55 View Post
I'll be there.
I will also be there as I have the past two years since I only live about 20 minutes away.

DK
Old 28 Aug 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3295329)   #45
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicknell55 View Post
The tracks on the back side of the course are crossed at a greatly reduced speed compared to the front stretch. I'd imagine the same problems would exist if the speed was higher.

The track map on the IMSA website doesn't show a chicane so maybe they're going to try again or some work was done this past year to improve the situation.
Indy Car map doesn't have a chicane either.
http://www.indycar.com/Schedule/2013...x-Of-Baltimore

Should be interesting to see what they do with the tracks this year.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3295362)   #46
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
The OFFICIAL Baltimore Grand Prix website does show a chicane right after the SRT bridge, in front of the "Chicane Suites". It's designated on the map by a squiggly line.

Track map
http://www.grandprixofbaltimore.com/.../map-track.jpg
Old 28 Aug 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3295415)   #47
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
The OFFICIAL Baltimore Grand Prix website does show a chicane right after the SRT bridge, in front of the "Chicane Suites". It's designated on the map by a squiggly line.

Track map
http://www.grandprixofbaltimore.com/.../map-track.jpg
But very poorly rendered.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 02:35 (Ref:3295497)   #48
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
mdaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took a look at the track section before they started putting barriers up and the rail lines looked the same to me so I would guess chicane.

The tracks on the back half of the circuit are in asphalt (tarmac), the front straight are concrete and set differantly.

Any other 10 Tenthers going to be there? I'm in Grandstand 7 again at Turn 3. I'll be the semi fat, semi grey, semi old guy in the Flying Lizard shirt and Rothmans hat on Friday.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3295519)   #49
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

http://bit.ly/YiLORw

The Ten-Tenths supported Official ALMS Spotter Guide for Baltimore is now available to download. As you will have read, changes at RSR, Level 5 and ESM this week are included (although L5's driver roster is still TBC).

Also, as some of you may have seen on John Dagys Speed/Fox Sports Blog, there have been some small changes at Dempsey Del Piero resulting in a small updated livery with new sponsor.

Dempsey Del Piero have kindly allowed me to release this change, so thanks to them.

WEC guide also available (will be updated later this week.......)

You can download the guide here:- http://bit.ly/YiLORw
Updated with known Driver Arrangements with Level 5 and new liveries for #7 and #18 PC Cars. RSR/Starworks still an unknown at the moment
Old 29 Aug 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3295696)   #50
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Updated with known Driver Arrangements with Level 5 and new liveries for #7 and #18 PC Cars. RSR/Starworks still an unknown at the moment
Thanks for that, Andy! The official entry list still has not been updated, so I'm going by your work. Outstanding as usual.