Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Apr 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3526313)   #26
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Three measly pages of comments..I know wec is this weekend..but seems we are becoming less and less interested..
Your post prompted me to dig back through the old threads for comparison. Here's the 2012 ALMS Long Beach thread.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132479
Old 12 Apr 2015, 03:44 (Ref:3526328)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I haven't been to a street race in years, but I feel like this weekends indycar race is basically a street race since the track isn't setup for races or spectators.

Anyways, I'd love to go to long beach sometime! My dad went to an F1 race there once and said it was pretty epic.
I've never attended a street motor race other than karting stuff. I do like street courses in general and particularly love LB as a "GP" event. It harkens back to my earliest memories of motor racing, but its for open wheels, sprint GT/Trans AM/PWC cars or stadium trucks, not protos or endurance GTs, IMO.

I'll still watch
Old 12 Apr 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3526331)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Your post prompted me to dig back through the old threads for comparison. Here's the 2012 ALMS Long Beach thread.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132479
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
LMPC is a sick joke
I guess some things haven't changed. My apologies as that's a low blow.

Oreca Chevys would make a fantastic sprint race at LB.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 15:19 (Ref:3527081)   #29
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been to more LBGP's then I can remember. It is an event with a great mix of So Cal car culture and people watching. And racing. Went to the last ChampCar and ALMS events there. I "know a guy" that would park his van in the Hyatt underground lot late on Thursday night and we would use that as a base for the weekend keeping us in beers instead of paying $8.00+ for each frosty beverage. Good times. For some reason this year, my interest in all forms of racing is at an all time low. I'll DVR Sunday's broadcast and look at twitter feeds (maybe) on Saturday, but who knows.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3527097)   #30
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long Beach pick 'em http://nasportscar.com/2014-tusc-pick-em/
Old 13 Apr 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3527100)   #31
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
joeb, thanks for rubbing it in with the weather link

I think he's entitled, after getting soaked at the IndyCar race in Louisiana.

And yes, I know I have the chronology all wrong. I barely can keep track of what series is racing on which weekend, let alone sort out the web/TV/social media coverage.

I am this: old. :P
Old 16 Apr 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3527983)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just had a chance to review the schedule. Man, they are jamming a lot into the weekend!

IMSA has one 2 hour practice session, then quali, then the race. I don't see the point in including this series at this event and would rather them go to Mid Ohio or even Sonoma, which has grown stale with me.

Oh well, it's here. I'll watch what I can.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3528006)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just had a chance to review the schedule. Man, they are jamming a lot into the weekend!

IMSA has one 2 hour practice session, then quali, then the race. I don't see the point in including this series at this event and would rather them go to Mid Ohio or even Sonoma, which has grown stale with me.

The race will be Saturday Night for in the central and eastern US - a perfect opportunity to have new eyeballs see the series on tv. Oh wait it isn't live on tv? never mind then....
Old 16 Apr 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3528030)   #34
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should be on FOX, it's a short race, why not?

Didn't they get one of their support series on FOX? Why not the TUSC?
Old 17 Apr 2015, 02:22 (Ref:3528120)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the new livery of the Shank car, but I wish the didn't leave the connecting sections in carbon.

http://www.michaelshankracing.com/mi...or-long-beach/

Maybe it wasn't finished?
Old 17 Apr 2015, 02:38 (Ref:3528121)   #36
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yup it's always been like that even when alms ran there,one or two years they did get a practice session before quali,but it's always been a tight reduced schedule.indy car is the headline so they get the majority of the track time then it's indy lights.

I'd love to see them at sonoma as well,it's a heck of a lot closer and easier for me to get to than long beach.but the LA market is to huge to lose for a race out in the boondocks of San fransico that no one will know about.

Hmmm Ford Mustang will be the pace car........if I were a betting man I'd put money on the 01 ganassi for the win just like last year....
Old 17 Apr 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3528221)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Practice begins in a few hours, but there is still time to get your FRC picks in until qualifying tonight!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...37#post3528137

Also, it looks like the Starworks DP will be here this round, the TBA brothers are listed as drivers however.....
Old 17 Apr 2015, 14:10 (Ref:3528237)   #38
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotter Guide is up by the way. As usual, a printed guide will also be available at the track.

www.spotterguides.com
Old 17 Apr 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3528242)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks Andy.

Also, IMSA radio is live for Practice 1.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3528245)   #40
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green flag. Starworks are still showing up on live timing...
Old 17 Apr 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3528249)   #41
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy crap. I don't think I've heard the name "vingt-quatre heures du mans" butchered quite like that before...
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3528251)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I love how the music keeps playing, Greg has the Craemer-pod hooked up!
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3528254)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Last year the Ecoboost was on pole with a 1:15.325 and in GT it was the Corvette with a 1:17.939
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3528283)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I love how the music keeps playing, Greg has the Craemer-pod hooked up!
I've had my head buried in work. Got it up and running now, just waiting for the Creaming Pod to crank up.

Edit: Jezza in the pits, with the sounds of the course is better than Creamer Pod. More of that please.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 17 Apr 2015 at 15:58.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 16:18 (Ref:3528293)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I've had my head buried in work. Got it up and running now, just waiting for the Creaming Pod to crank up.

Edit: Jezza in the pits, with the sounds of the course is better than Creamer Pod. More of that please.
Once John got on the radio the miscellaneous music has ceased. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait to the PA at Petit for more creamer-pod
Old 17 Apr 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3528358)   #46
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its too bad I'm not at Long Beach this weekend, if I was there I would be just following IMSA and PWC. The IndyCar and Pro Celebrity sessions would for me be a time to walk around, chill, get some food, and hang out at the sports car paddocks.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3528365)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3528384)   #48
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Listening to Hindy describe what he's watching on his feed ... and wondering why IMSA can't shell a out a few bandwidth--dollars to put practice online?

At least we get quali ... I hope.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3528394)   #49
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't have T&S but have video and those cars are So beautiful in that light on that track.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3528395)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Don't have T&S but have video and those cars are So beautiful in that light on that track.
Great scenes, indeed. Nice to get a stream for quali.