Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 24 34.78%
Nico Rosberg 3 4.35%
Sebastian Vettel 3 4.35%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 1.45%
Daniel Ricciardo 5 7.25%
Daniil Kvyat 3 4.35%
Max Verstappen 13 18.84%
Carlos Sainz 1 1.45%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 1 1.45%
Sergio Perez 3 4.35%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Jenson Button 12 17.39%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Roberto Merhi 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 May 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3541131)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel, superb race craft.
Old 26 May 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3541351)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Max would have got my vote if he hadn't binned it.

Not sure who else to give it to - Hamilton in contention (but how much was he involved in the decision to pit?), Ricciardo did well but should probably have been penalised for his pass on Raikkonen (if Alonso got penalised for his pass on Hulkenburg I can't see how Ricciardo got away with that move). Sainz maybe? He made good progress through the field after starting in the pitlane. Rosberg or Vettel? - for not crashing through laughing too much after Lewis pitted. Perez? qualified well and stayed there. Button? Scored points in the McLaren Honda Jazz. Mehri? Beat Stevens for the first time. Nasr? Sneaked some points again in the Sauber. Kvyat - beat Riccardio (and played the team game).

What the heck - Sainz. Pit lane to points gets the vote.
Old 26 May 2015, 13:03 (Ref:3541390)   #28
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The difference I can see between the Alonso and Ricciardo incidents is: When Alonso hit Hülkenberg, Alonso lost some control, and slid sideways into Hülkenberg, causing Hülkenberg off the track and to the rear of the pack. Hülkenberg being an innocent party.

Whereas Ricciardo never lost control. He stuck his car in there, in a manner in which you need to do at Monaco to attempt an overtake. Räikkönen moved across, squeezing Ricciardo a bit. They touched, Ricciardo got through and they both kept racing in the resultant positions.

That's my take on it anyway.
Old 26 May 2015, 18:51 (Ref:3541488)   #29
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
The difference I can see between the Alonso and Ricciardo incidents is: When Alonso hit Hülkenberg, Alonso lost some control, and slid sideways into Hülkenberg, causing Hülkenberg off the track and to the rear of the pack. Hülkenberg being an innocent party.

Whereas Ricciardo never lost control. He stuck his car in there, in a manner in which you need to do at Monaco to attempt an overtake. Räikkönen moved across, squeezing Ricciardo a bit. They touched, Ricciardo got through and they both kept racing in the resultant positions.

So therefore you penalise both or neither

If Ricciardo never lost control I don't see how that's a justification...
Old 26 May 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3541536)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw Dan's move as at least as bad as Fernando's and was astonished he wasn't penalised.
Old 26 May 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3541602)   #31
LouisSuddaby23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leeds
LouisSuddaby23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Kvyat on this one, best race for RBR so far. Perfect response to the hurry-up from Marko
Old 27 May 2015, 00:00 (Ref:3541607)   #32
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I saw Dan's move as at least as bad as Fernando's and was astonished he wasn't penalised.
Maybe a watch a replay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZBRQ-8JJM

Alonso slid into Hulk and bashed him off. Dan was in control and it was Kimi that moved across before the usual line to block him. Look at the 3 cars in front of Kimi, they're right outside by the wall, Dani comes and Kimi quickly moves to block the inside. At that point, should Dani have backed out of it instead of still trying to get in there? He wasn't far enough up the inside when they touched, but he might have been if Kimi was out wide. Racing incident imo, no one to blame.
Old 27 May 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3541676)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post

Using your interpretations - Alonsos hit was accidental and Ricciardos had some intent - therefore Ricciardos was the worse offence and should definitely have been penalised!
Old 27 May 2015, 10:09 (Ref:3541680)   #34
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Using your interpretations - Alonsos hit was accidental and Ricciardos had some intent - therefore Ricciardos was the worse offence and should definitely have been penalised!
You could read it that way

- Or -

Mr Alonso was careless, he broke way too late and hit someone else because of this. Mr Riccoardo knew what he was doing, he didn't lock up. It was nothing more than a love tap once Mr Räikkönen moved across. Two players involved in this. There was only one player involved in the Alonso prang.

Like the sky commentary team who want to get rid of blue flags, I think there could be merit in removing the immediate penalising any car contact. Maybe in exceptional circumstances, and within the bounds of safety, there could be exceptions. But in the whole, let em race!

Food for thought.
Old 27 May 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3541700)   #35
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah the bbc team were the same in talking about getting rid of the blue flags. I can't fathom what good this can bring? You'll have Hamilton stuck behind the two Manors lapping 5s a lap off the pace. In fact, the entire field would end up closing in and getting stuck behind two Manors. It would be a complete joke and ruin what strategy and racing there is at Monaco.

And let's say they did manage to pass those Manors at some point... who was next in line, Hulkenberg, Alonso, the Williams', Ericsson, the Lotus'... without blue flags even the Mercedes and Ferrari won't be able to lap all those guys if they didn't want to be lapped. And you can be sure there will be some moron (Maldonado) that refuses to get lapped and just hold up the leaders all race long. Blue flags are a necessity.
Old 27 May 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3541724)   #36
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do I always agree with Razzzor?

Is it because he's correct?
Old 27 May 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3541918)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think you could reasonably open a conversation about getting rid of the blue flags.

People talk alot about how backmarkers can ruin races. Yet, they're an obstacle to overcome and equally can enhance the racing challenge on other occasions. Some backmarkers are literally in races to save their business. That's a worthy race of their own and that should be acknowledged.
Old 28 May 2015, 06:31 (Ref:3541984)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I think you could reasonably open a conversation about getting rid of the blue flags.

People talk alot about how backmarkers can ruin races. Yet, they're an obstacle to overcome and equally can enhance the racing challenge on other occasions. Some backmarkers are literally in races to save their business. That's a worthy race of their own and that should be acknowledged.
Verstappen's overtaking moves while following (Vettel?) showed one of the dangers of the blue flag, while it might be considered clever driving by Max, it does rather seem like bad manners to me, as it was a bit unfair on his rivals. Without the flag he would not have passed people, and surely that is not the intention of the blue?

I am sure his fans will disagree, but it was only by outside intervention that he was able to get ahead, in future other drivers may be reluctant to pull over for the leaders if Max is behind them.

Just one more aspect to consider.
Old 28 May 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3542002)   #39
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nah, bauble, it was good exploitation of the rules. We saw Perez do the same thing in 2012. It was unfair on both of them that other issues meant that they were a lap down.

And, as we saw with Grosjean, it can be dealt with.
Old 28 May 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3542015)   #40
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Nah, bauble, it was good exploitation of the rules. We saw Perez do the same thing in 2012. It was unfair on both of them that other issues meant that they were a lap down.

And, as we saw with Grosjean, it can be dealt with.
Not denying it was in contravention of existing rules, however, this appears to have morphed into a discussion on the need for blue flags, and I believe that Verp's moves are legitimate points to consider, after all the purpose of the flag is not to influence the racing other than allow the leaders a clear run.

I think it would add to the argument for doing without the use of the blue flag other than as a warning that the leaders are coming up behind, and allow individual drivers to make a decision about where and when (or if) to let them past. The current 'three strikes and out' rule often mitigates a driver defending his position, as he may have to yield to the leader in a place that compromises his race, and that IS NOT FAIR.

Maybe Max was clever in his use of the flag, but the person he is passing may feel the need for a robust response and you could get some dangerous defending.

I am in the 'let them race camp', and sort it out on track and not in the rule book.

Nice to have a sensible discussion on the subject?

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 30 May 2015, 05:37 (Ref:3542731)   #41
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton, for having the best tyres at the end of the race