Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Dec 2020, 22:58 (Ref:4022989)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Efficient #2. Gets second place in WDC. Ensures victory in WCC. Avoids any conflict between two potential #1's. Simples.
Bottas beat Max by 9 points and Max had Five DNFs - not very convincing!
Also Bottas was soundly smashed by Russell in Sakhir.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 23:53 (Ref:4022998)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Bottas beat Max by 9 points and Max had Five DNFs - not very convincing!
Also Bottas was soundly smashed by Russell in Sakhir.
What works well for the team doesn't mean it works for us punters!

George must have winced when Lewis lapped him on Sunday. Was it me or did George's head appear to slump a bit and Lewis peer in his mirrors a bit more than normal once past.

Russell will defo be in a Merc for '22. The question must now be: Which one?

I think Merc will offer Lewis 2-3 years at what he's on now or only 1 year at the amount he is after.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 00:08 (Ref:4023001)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
What works well for the team doesn't mean it works for us punters!

George must have winced when Lewis lapped him on Sunday. Was it me or did George's head appear to slump a bit and Lewis peer in his mirrors a bit more than normal once past.

Russell will defo be in a Merc for '22. The question must now be: Which one?

I think Merc will offer Lewis 2-3 years at what he's on now or only 1 year at the amount he is after.
Did not notice this, but he must have felt that the struggle was futile, and felt even worse when Bottas went past, knowing he should be ahead of him!

Lewis' contract negotiation is an interesting one, could almost charge him to drive and let hiim make his money on endorsements, also if the cost cap includes driver salaries, then the flexibility is even more limited, and they have George sitting in wait with the Mercedes board looking over their shoulders. Toto has a fine line to tread here.

Would Lewis have been here if he had already signed his contract extension?
Old 15 Dec 2020, 00:59 (Ref:4023003)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 01:04 (Ref:4023005)   #30
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I could see russell having a down year next year. Not because he's not a talent, but just the mental beating of another year in that car after being in the mercedes. Some form of boredom or something could set in. It'll be a grind next year for him. If he keeps showing up and having spirited drives that punches above the cars weight, it'll be impressive.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 08:00 (Ref:4023025)   #31
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'll show if he's a true professional. Turning up and putting in your very best effort for no reward is the acid test. He's paid to do his best, if he manages it every weekend he's done his job and will earn respect.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Dec 2020, 08:44 (Ref:4023028)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
George did well in Abu Dhabi I thought. He's got to keep his hand in somehow
Old 15 Dec 2020, 10:13 (Ref:4023037)   #33
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe George shouldn't have done so well in his 1 off Merc drive, Lewis may now insist on a clause in his new contract where he gets to veto his team mate whilst he's still there. Valteri will never be a threat, but George just may be. George is certainly the real deal, and now everyone knows it. Mind you, having the Best Car ever in F1 surely helped his cause, might not have been the same if his Big Chance was in a Racing Point.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 12:17 (Ref:4023052)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Maybe George shouldn't have done so well in his 1 off Merc drive, Lewis may now insist on a clause in his new contract where he gets to veto his team mate whilst he's still there.
Interesting. If I was Toto, I would simply counter with, OK Lewis, you've had a good run, but we'll take George instead......

Quote:
Maybe George shouldn't have done so well in his 1 off Merc drive, Lewis may now insist on a clause in his new contract where he gets to veto his team mate whilst he's still there. Valteri will never be a threat, but George just may be. George is certainly the real deal, and now everyone knows it. Mind you, having the Best Car ever in F1 surely helped his cause, might not have been the same if his Big Chance was in a Racing Point.
As things turned out, he'd probably have won!
Old 15 Dec 2020, 12:23 (Ref:4023053)   #35
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
As things turned out, he'd probably have won!
Imagine his reputation then!
Old 15 Dec 2020, 13:15 (Ref:4023059)   #36
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Imagine his reputation then!
That would be Strolls Legacy gone right there ....
Old 15 Dec 2020, 14:16 (Ref:4023071)   #37
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
That would be Strolls Legacy gone right there ....
Although to clarify, I actually think Stroll is a very decent pedalar
Old 15 Dec 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4023082)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Although to clarify, I actually think Stroll is a very decent pedalar
He cannot keep up the pace over a full distance. Whether this is tyre management, concentration, losing interest. I don't know.

Who are you comparing Stroll to?

Is this based on 3-4 performances in 4 years, 2 of which were in the wet in lottery conditions?

Let's be clear, if it wasn't his dad who ran that team Vettel wouldn't be replacing Checo in the team, it would be Lance.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4023084)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Let's be clear, if it wasn't his dad who ran that team Vettel wouldn't be replacing Checo in the team, it would be Lance.
I agree of course, but in fairness, there have been a lot of worse drivers in F1 over the years than Lance.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 15:43 (Ref:4023088)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I agree of course, but in fairness, there have been a lot of worse drivers in F1 over the years than Lance.
Not a great many were in competitive cars though, right?
Old 15 Dec 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4023092)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he did have covid.

he also finished 3rd in the race where Perez won which for me does attest to the fact he has some skill.

but i also cant really disagree with you, particularly about the focus/pace over race distance part...that rings true.

he has skill but doesnt race like he is hungry if that makes sense.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 10:37 (Ref:4023215)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That can be a problem with rich drivers, that they don't have the hunger, because they have so much money in the bank, they feel comfortable and therefore don't give that bit extra. It seems to me the likes of Revson, de Angelis and Irvine were examples of that, I may be wrong though. Maybe it's the same with Stroll. He's not a bad driver though
Old 16 Dec 2020, 10:59 (Ref:4023216)   #43
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That can be a problem with rich drivers, that they don't have the hunger, because they have so much money in the bank, they feel comfortable and therefore don't give that bit extra. It seems to me the likes of Revson, de Angelis and Irvine were examples of that
Lol, Edmund didn’t have 2p until after he made it in F1!
Old 16 Dec 2020, 11:32 (Ref:4023227)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

That’s because he always made good deals in his contract, hence why he was able to make so much
Old 16 Dec 2020, 15:27 (Ref:4023273)   #45
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That can be a problem with rich drivers, that they don't have the hunger, because they have so much money in the bank, they feel comfortable and therefore don't give that bit extra. It seems to me the likes of Revson, de Angelis and Irvine were examples of that, I may be wrong though. Maybe it's the same with Stroll. He's not a bad driver though

Interesting theory, but Senna, Clark, Von Tripps, & Moss , amongst others were all from very weatly backgrounds and were successful.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 16:37 (Ref:4023285)   #46
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

I seem to remember that more often than not,Elio de Angelis outperformed his team-mate.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 22:40 (Ref:4023344)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
S Griffin, you should find the Clive James eulogy about de Angelis in the ‘86 review.

I find the wealth desire thing a pretty standard trope.

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Dec 2020 at 22:45.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 23:58 (Ref:4023354)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

Got that on video and yes it was a nice eulogy.