Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Nov 2001, 14:11 (Ref:178993)   #26
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly, I was horrified at the driving standards displayed, especially as it was wet, some of the single seater racing was crazy, I was perched at Graham Hill bend and it was just a steady stream of cars going off left, right and centre.The mini's weren't much better when I viewed from Druids they just came round 3 a breast nudging and bouncing off each other time and time again. Don't get me wrong I've had my moments in the wet but normally late in a race when just trying to squeeze upto the person in front but not when a) being on my own or b) using the person outside as the barrier to bounce off-and I have never(touchwood) collected anyone else. I am amazed at the lack of respect some drivers have for other people's machinery, it might make for spectacular viewing but I am sure there are gonna be some miserable evenings over the winter as people count the cost of other people's mistakes. As for the final race,I had a perfect view having moved round, poor sandwiched and then rammed Mini - 2 red flags in probably no more than two laps says it all.....end of rant
Old 26 Nov 2001, 15:53 (Ref:179024)   #27
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to hear about your accident Chris, but glad you are OK. With all non one-make races, the speed differentials can be quite large, even to catch out an experienced driver like John.

Better luck for your next meeting, sorry my background info didn't help much! - Hope to catch up with you in 2002.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 16:18 (Ref:179030)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Chris, it sounds as though you went off at post 10, thats the marshals post to the left of the exit from the medical centre. As you mentioned the track was wet but drying, was there a stream of water pouring down from the Grand Prix circuit? That often catches drivers out in drying conditions and causes spins into the tyre wall. There used to be a gravel trap in front of post 10 but last year it was grassed over and moved to the left, to protect the guys when they use the GP loop. I marshalled there a month or two ago (FPA meeting as I seem to recal) and the wooden posts that hold the armco up were severely weakened, so watch out if you ever have the misfortune to get shoved off there again.

Dan, I guess you must have been on post 22A? If so, you get a fabulous view as the cars ride the crest at Clarke Curve!

Sorry to hear of the damage Chris and I hope it's not too expensive to fix!
Old 27 Nov 2001, 08:08 (Ref:179253)   #29
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was originally intending to enter in that race... somehow glad I didn't! I've got enough problems with rusty shell without having it rearranged for me by other people's lousy driving.

Normally I race with the Ford Saloons which is very much a multi class series. Personally i've found that it's a very good way to learn to drive properly with respect for others - sandwiched between the 600bhp Cosworths and the 90bhp Festers you certainly need your wits about you!

Maybe when the novice cross comes off in 3 races time i'll get to see some more 'action', it's possible the other drivers may have just been nice to me so far...
Old 27 Nov 2001, 08:12 (Ref:179256)   #30
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slippery track, lots of cars, big speed differences - I think trouble is on the cards. But that doesn't mean to say that the Winter Series races should be canned!! Plenty of race series have multi classes and trouble is avoided - maybe just more difficult when it's a one off and no-one knows who everyone else??

I was indeed at 22A (again).. I reckon I must have done half of my Brands marshalling there - the other half at Dingle Dell.. 22A is a good spot - must have been awesome with F1 cars coming down the GP circuit straight!!