Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Mar 2002, 19:35 (Ref:232987)   #26
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*SPOILER ALERT*

I meant the SOCOM silencer, which I then found. I also found the... M4, is it? I have used the M9 almost all the way through, including sending Olga to sleep, but I used the SOCOM to despatch Fatman. And I only just found out how to get the dog tags - I missed all but Olga's on the tanker... Grrrr...

As superb as this game is, and believe me it really is great, I do have one gripe. Rose. WHY?! Bring back Mei Ling. Now *she* was cool. Rose on the other hand is just plain irritating, constantly whining at Raiden. GET OVER IT WOMAN...

Last edited by Minardi fan; 11 Mar 2002 at 19:36.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:48 (Ref:233128)   #27
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. We are in the middle of fighting world terrorism and she keeps wining at us

Last edited by Damon; 11 Mar 2002 at 21:49.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 23:18 (Ref:233193)   #28
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats part of the storyline ... i wont say anymore than that ... im surprised no ones said anything about how fimilair this game feels to the first. that was my main thing going through with raiden, but, once again ... nothing moore im gonna say on that

as for missing the tags, after you beet the final boss and watch all the ending credits. itll give you the chance to save. load the save and you can go through ether the tnker, the plant, or both together in any level. the tags are what give you secial items like infinite ammo and stealth. raiden has more than those two, but, ill let you find out what those are yourselfs.

Last edited by Es Nes; 11 Mar 2002 at 23:19.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 20:09 (Ref:233790)   #29
Herminator
Racer

Herminator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finished it, same as the first one, too short. Felt like there should be a whole extra section after you're running around in your birthday suit. Even if was only as long as the tanker section.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 03:40 (Ref:233993)   #30
Es Nes
Veteran

yeah, it is too short. but, now that you got the basics of the storyline.

have fun looking for the little silly things. you can also go for fster times, fewer kills, etc. and you can beet every boss without killing them too. i know once i strted collecting tags, i got really addicited to it. and just because i could, im working on a game in extreme setting im at the lst boss, but, cant beet him yet.

btw - did you have the converstation with snake where you learn vamp is bi?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 09:49 (Ref:234091)   #31
Herminator
Racer

how do you have that conversation? Have you tried hitting the R2 or L2 buttons while using codec, you hear what the person is thinking. I want to start getting tags now too, it was quite far into the game when I realisied how to hold upguards. I've tried the beat the boss thing, that looks impossible even on normal level, even more difficult if you try putting them all to sleep. Love the moment when Raiden asks Snake if he has enough ammo and snake replies he has infinate ammo and points to his bandana, so funny.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 15:56 (Ref:234295)   #32
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes

btw - did you have the converstation with snake where you learn vamp is bi?
I did hear he has a particular interest in Raiden... Hope no-one tells Rose though, it'll set her off again no doubt...

MGS2 feels *very* similar to the first game. I haven't finished it yet, and in a way I have no driving urge to because it feels like I've done it all before.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 18:23 (Ref:234398)   #33
Herminator
Racer

ah, you really should get to the end. It explains a lot.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 18:25 (Ref:234401)   #34
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I didn't play the first so probably appreciate even more than you lot (lucky me). For that reason this is, without doubt, the best game I have ever played. I haven't finished it yet either (uni has meant I can't devote as much time as I'd like), but am still loving every minute of it!!
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:16 (Ref:234446)   #35
Es Nes
Veteran

mf, herminators right. wait until the end to pass judgement on that part of the game.

herminator: i had it just after the harrier fight. while i was waiting for the guy to stop peeing, i made a lot of calls to snake.

you can also learn more about various charactors like that. for instance, when yovue emma. keep calling snake and emma and otacon will start to argue for a while before snake tells them to stop acting like little chids.

i wish i could tell you which point it was exactly, but you can also get a distscritpion of raidens room and some interesting points about jack and roses relationship.

also, if you keep calling rose and not saving. shell get more down with each call until she suddenly gets really ****ed at you. the game even gives you some different save options than usual.

lol, can you tell ive played with the codec a lot?

did you know if you hold r3 down, you can get a close up durning the cut scenes?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:32 (Ref:234516)   #36
Herminator
Racer

yeah, knew about the zoom, and you can look around a little by moving the sticks. You certainly seem to have used the codec a lot. It's funny to see things like the areas where there are ZOE crates, and you can even get a ZOE box to hide in. I'm wondering if there is some sort of reward for taking photos of all the women, as I've seen a couple in weird places, such as under one walkway in the engine room. Did you have any pics of posters when you sent the RAY pics to Otacon? I had one of the poster of a mans chest where you also see the shadow of the toy of the Raven (I think). Otacon said something like well if thats what you're into then it's upto you, there was also one of a girl where he said ah, this is a "special" kind of photo, I might just save this one for my private collection.
It's great shooting the radio out of the guards hand, he shakes it in pain, so many cool little touches that you just don't getin other games.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 23:31 (Ref:234645)   #37
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
How in gods name do you finish this game. I presume I'm right at the end with **Spoiler**

the 3 metal gears that you can't kill cos they keep coming back!!
Old 14 Mar 2002, 00:06 (Ref:234656)   #38
Herminator
Racer

ah but they don't come back, look at the names of the RAY's, you've got to just keep going on, depending on your difficulty level, normal isn't too bad, took a few attempts but it's not that hard when you get tactics right. The fight after that, now thats hard A little tip, make them eat lead, or something that'll give em heart burn
Old 14 Mar 2002, 01:20 (Ref:234678)   #39
Es Nes
Veteran

yup, and i LOVE tht fight ive a game save at tht fight so i can redo it just make sure before you try to shoot them, that there arent any incoming missiles. also, if you stand right in front of them, after a while. itll try to use its mouth laser. just take a couple steps to the side and get an easy shot in

im guessing you know to shoot one of their legs then the open mouth?

dont forget the chaff gernades

the ray fight is much esier than rex though. rexs laser keeps cutting me down
Old 14 Mar 2002, 02:03 (Ref:234693)   #40
Herminator
Racer

Yeah, the cartwheel action helps a lot, getting out of the way of a lot of attacks, the two more direct missiles are a pain though, have to be very good at timing the dove out of the way. It can help to try and lower the health of the other RAY's that are standing by the side, especially at the start when all three are off the center. Get them all to around half health before hitting one that will come after you, it's easier to dadge attacks when they're not in the center. It only takes a couple shots to finish them off from there, if you get them in the opem mouth.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 02:30 (Ref:234704)   #41
Es Nes
Veteran

has anyone else had troubles with the flip? about half the time i do it, i end up laying down once he lands :confused: always at important times too. ive lost count of how many times solidus beet me because of that.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:32 (Ref:234953)   #42
Herminator
Racer

soundslike your hitting X a couple of times instead of one.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 13:14 (Ref:234981)   #43
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Thanks guys but I managed it by myself eventually, your right the end battle is a git to finish, managed it though. Time for reflection...

This is the best game I have ever played by a long way, we are not going to get anything better on the PS2 unless its MGS3. This game is reason enough to buy a PS2. I found it a good length, challenging without being frustrating and the story was second to none (we even get another twist right at the very end!). Absolutly brilliant. Kojima is a genious.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 15:30 (Ref:235069)   #44
Es Nes
Veteran

herminator: nope, only once :confused:
Old 21 Mar 2002, 20:37 (Ref:241066)   #45
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hey guys. I've completed the game through twice now. At the end I unlocked the use of the digital camera on the plant section but its not in my kit when I go to play that section again. Also, how do I save photos, I can't work it out :confused: .
Old 21 Mar 2002, 22:24 (Ref:241155)   #46
Es Nes
Veteran

just take a picture. it should ask if you want to save or not.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 17:21 (Ref:241731)   #47
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
I haven't played MGS2 for about a week now. I can't stand Raiden, Rose is even worse, and to be frank, when you know the first game inside-out like I do, MGS2 just doesn't quite cut it. I know I should finish it first, but I don't feel in *any* way compelled to. MGS1 however, I finished in a weekend and have completed several times since. Oh god, I'm getting cynical in my old age...
Old 22 Mar 2002, 18:46 (Ref:241808)   #48
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
MF if you finsih the game the playing section explain themselves. In the end Raiden is a means of making Snake look even more cool then he already is and my god does it work successfully. Believe me, finish the game, you won't regret it.

Es Nes, shortly after posting I discovered that you have to load a completed game file to use the unlocked stuff. Got it all figured out now!
Old 22 Mar 2002, 20:26 (Ref:241894)   #49
Es Nes
Veteran

yes, mf, you MUST finish the game
Old 29 Mar 2002, 20:13 (Ref:246817)   #50
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I've discovered my one and only, minor bug bear with this game (shock, horror!!!). As I went to play it through for a 3rd time snakes wearing sunglasses on the tanker section!!!! Now i'm sure Kojima thought this was a really cool feature but its persisting down with rain on that damn tanker, why in gods name is he wearing sunglasses!? :confused: