Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:21 (Ref:381410)   #26
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park thread now started here > http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=27505
Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:43 (Ref:381422)   #27
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
Well done Stacy - that was a cracking battle, everyone in the crowd where I was was rooting for you, I think the commentator was rather surprised when you went for it and were ahead, albeit not for long, he thought you were going to settle for safety and your class winning points towards the championship!
Thanks, I may settle for points at the last round, but I'm not one for shutting up shop if there's a sniff of a place, class or not - even if it's 6th!

I think the commentator had an old form of mine. I don't bother giving them in, but the "I am a bloke" line stems from my first season in 99 when I was routinely labelled as a girl..

Tony, as for testing I think it's a must there. I tested and for the first session had completely forgotten how hard the circuit is, and how hard you have to push for a time. Interestingly I tucked in behind a car which was 3s a lap slower than I on Saturday, but went back to the paddock knowing even with that differential it is very very hard to pass. Each corner is a tenth, not enough to make an easy pass. So I knew that if Nigel got the drop at the start I would have my work cut out.

Stacy
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:20 (Ref:381574)   #28
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by stacy
I think the commentator had an old form of mine. I don't bother giving them in, but the "I am a bloke" line stems from my first season in 99 when I was routinely labelled as a girl..
Bizarre coincidence (not the girl bit).. I was at Oulton, and I have not been keeping up with the commentator's forms either, so they re-used one from last year.. Last year, I had a habit of putting down 'random' things in the 'occupation' part of the form - my official job title for Oulton appeared to be "door-to-door breadknife salesman", and this greatly confused the commentators, which was nice
Old 17 Sep 2002, 10:49 (Ref:382331)   #29
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't suppose anyones got any photo's of Cadwell this weekend ? I just recall an unusual number of flashbulbs going off..