Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Aug 2000, 23:47 (Ref:27670)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to retire to Monte Carlo. The weather's decent, the people are better behaved, and they have this car race right down the middle of the city every year ...
Old 2 Aug 2000, 01:44 (Ref:27707)   #27
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice.

But I could say the same about Toronto. Although the climate is not as nice.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 02:21 (Ref:27719)   #28
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to disappoint you Liz, but I think you have to have a family member that is related to royalty in Monte Carlo...or something like that.

I know there is a restriction on residency and I'm almost certain it has to do with being related to royalty there....maybe someone else could further elaborate on this??

AR

BTW, I didn't think Homestead took in 40,000 people?! More like 20,000.....for the CART race that is
Old 2 Aug 2000, 04:03 (Ref:27734)   #29
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have to marry a racing pilote then, I guess. That will do as well as royalty. It's a kind of royalty anyway.

But not Jenson Button.

P.S. to Jay, you're right.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 04:35 (Ref:27735)   #30
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

If I'm not mistaken, Alessandro Zanardi lives in Monte Carlo.

AR
Old 2 Aug 2000, 08:25 (Ref:27757)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ar - the only thing you need is a shed load of money and a bit of a famous reputation.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 11:30 (Ref:27788)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Maybe you're thinking of Jersey where they restrict emigrants. I almost married someone who lived there. His father took a dislike to me.

I think Zanardi is happily married. I wonder if Nelson Piquet is looking for a fourth wife for his harem?
Old 2 Aug 2000, 14:35 (Ref:27827)   #33
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Persons of foreign nationality wishing to stay for a period of more than 3 months in the Principality must apply for a visa from the French Consular Authority nearest their most recent domicile, in accordance with the mutual assistance agreement 'Convention de Voisinage' signed by France and Monaco in 1963.

Anyone of foreign nationality residing in France with a valid 'carte de séjour' (residence permit), and wishing to transfer to Monegasque residence is exempt from these visa formalities.

Application for a visa should include proof of means of existence (work contract or membership of a foreign company, bank references, lease), and documents relative to housing conditions in the Principality (ownership agreement, lease agreement, lodging certificate).
The visa may be granted about three months after request. The visa entitles the holder to a residence permit, a renewable residence permit issued by the Monegasque Authorities and valid for a period of one year.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 17:47 (Ref:27870)   #34
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshal
Trying not to get too heated about this, floid, saying europeans don't like ovals (and remember we had the first one)
Marshal, which oval track are you referring to? If you are referring to Brooklands, the Milwaukee Mile, which CART races at currently, preceeded Brooklands by four years. It is the oldest permanent track still in existence today.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 23:37 (Ref:27933)   #35
Liz
Veteran

Thanks Gerard, now all I have to do is get permission to live in France! Well, that will be easier than marrying Nelson Piquet anyway.

Or maybe not.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 10:23 (Ref:28020)   #36
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You could be right Joe, but wasn't Milwakee a dirt track at that time so Brooklands was the first paved circuit or something?

Whatever, we have had ovals over here, and some of are quite excited about having them back.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 20:00 (Ref:28123)   #37
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i have to believe the european races have been in the works for longer than bobby has been in charge.

as a rather un-american american from california i think euro-cart will be like totally awesome dude.

i hope espn airs the races live. like speedvison does for f1. i just love turnin up the tv vol at 4:30am start.
Old 5 Aug 2000, 07:15 (Ref:28466)   #38
floid2000
Racer

floid2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Floids Last Stand

You people are pitiful. I listen to your **** about "ovals are dangerous" "take them off the scedule""Alexs wife doesnt like them"for about a year now ,Then the minute I say Europeans dont like ovals you all jump down my throat. You all constantly say Andretti this and Unser that but Im supposed to keep my mouth shut and listen to Liz bash all of the Americans. You won't hear from me any more so don't bother replying............I won't see it
I HOPE THIS MESSAGE DOESN'T GET CENSORED BY THE THOUGHT POLICE (bella)
Old 5 Aug 2000, 07:26 (Ref:28467)   #39
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"You people are pitiful. I listen to your **** about "ovals are dangerous" "take them off the scedule""Alexs wife doesnt like them"for about a year now ,Then the minute I say Europeans dont like ovals you all jump down my throat. You all constantly say Andretti this and Unser that but Im supposed to keep my mouth shut and listen to Liz bash all of the Americans. "

-I think the man may have a point there...i agree, i think everyone for some bizare reason over reacted here on this one...have a close read of the thread, Floid didn't exactly start out bashing Europeans for all they're worth..

Maybe its just because i dont live in America or Europe?
Old 5 Aug 2000, 11:42 (Ref:28476)   #40
Liz
Veteran

Anyway he's resigned - he sent me an e-mail advising me to grow up (funny how that subject keeps coming up) and saying that we won't have him to kick around anymore.

For the record, I did not send him any warning and you'll notice I did my best to change the subject when things got testy. But after he did say that he thought Europeans didn't like ovals, that was when he started to get testy and brought up NASCAR (pardon my language) and began to get insulting. Perhaps he didn't mean it the way it sounded, but it wouldn't have hurt him too much to merely apologize and move on. That's what the rest of us do.
Old 5 Aug 2000, 16:34 (Ref:28530)   #41
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
cart does a good job on ovals. if they went to a european road circuit, they would look like the irl does in the usa.
a cheap imitation.

european race fans, and a lot of americans on tour-packages are going to have a great time.

Old 5 Aug 2000, 17:19 (Ref:28537)   #42
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

But that cheap imitation would have a lot of passing!! (compared to F-1....not NASCAR )

AR
Old 6 Aug 2000, 04:54 (Ref:28647)   #43
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, I don't know, that Hockenheim race had about as much passing as any Cart road race.