Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Feb 2003, 10:06 (Ref:493639)   #26
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Get yer winged potatoes folks, get 'em while they're hot!"
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:55 (Ref:493780)   #27
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
The way I have understood the reason why Grand Am has gone this direction with the DPs and their other changes is to supposedly find a way to broaden their audience...this was alluded to via references to the Ford Multi-Matic entry as a "Focus" entry,as an example.

I can't remember the exact terms they used for this ...
The term that occus to me is "Bait and Switch".

Quote:
This isn't NASCAR, but the "powers that be" calling the shots in Grand Am feel that they can apply their successes in that form of racing to endurance racing when it is a totally different product followed by a totally different breed of fan....

I don't think that Grand Am will be around in 4-5 years... [/B]
I think you are correct. And I hope the people who keep on whining that Champ Cars have to change to be more like NA$CAR will take a lesson from this!

P.S. I think the Daytona 24 Hours has become even more like the IRL 500 in that it is probably going to be won by someone from The Other Series.

Last edited by Liz; 2 Feb 2003 at 13:55.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 14:08 (Ref:493791)   #28
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, this is like watching a 97-99 Indy500
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:55 (Ref:493849)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank goodness for Le Mans.........
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:03 (Ref:493854)   #30
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.........and the Audis.........
Old 2 Feb 2003, 19:04 (Ref:493996)   #31
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heck, I'd bet on Kevin Buckler to beat a privateer Audi now! He's on a roll!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:01 (Ref:494054)   #32
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect Racers Group to challenge for the class win at Sebring and Le mans, but I expect them to also get lapped every 15 minutes at Sebring. Watching Daytona was like watching an ALMS race where everyone DNF'd
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:05 (Ref:494057)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
.........and the Audis.........

I guess I didn't realise that we had it so good!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 20:13 (Ref:494063)   #34
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the rolex has now crumbled like the indy %00 did when the irl/cart split-Indy has been revived- but The daytona 24hrs? this is a really sad race now- where are the manufacturers, where are the prototypes-well we have sebring,LeMans,Petit-perhaps a new enduro will arrive to make a real 24hr test next to Lemans- sad th once superb daytona is just ridiculous.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 06:00 (Ref:494544)   #35
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I've worked a Grand am event before."

What does that mean?
Old 3 Feb 2003, 07:37 (Ref:494573)   #36
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
perhaps a new enduro will arrive to make a real 24hr test next to Lemans- sad th once superb daytona is just ridiculous.
I think the one at Bathurst has a great oppurtunity of being the greatest 24Hr outside France

Perhaps ALMS can link it in with a flyaway race.