Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 May 2003, 07:44 (Ref:592003)   #26
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Agree with SL, it was more 'Cobra Story' that 'Cobra Ferrari Wars'. Maybe the Ferrari bit in the title was added to draw more people in.

Still, good show though.
Old 7 May 2003, 13:24 (Ref:592368)   #27
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that the racing footage was good.
As for the rest - A clear case of "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!".
We enthusiasts know the difference between "Cobra vs GTO" and "GT40 vs 250LM vs 917" and between a GT and a sports prototype, but the normal viewing public don't. I think that in that respect this programme was a tad dishonest in the way it mixed them up.
As for the inaccuracies: Le Mans '59 was not Shelby's first Le Mans, Ferrari did not dominate Le Mans in the 50's, only winning in 49, 54 and 58,(although they did dominate the sports car championship, Ferrari GTO's were never 1,2,3 at Le Mans, etc, etc.
It's a shame really, they could have had a good programme without the distortions and inaccuracies. I enjoyed it anyway.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 7 May 2003, 13:53 (Ref:592393)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least you guys saw it - I missed the damn thing - again!!
Old 7 May 2003, 19:35 (Ref:592745)   #29
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the documentary a lot, the racing footage was indeed brilliant.

Even though it has been delayed for a month, BBC have made a good motorsport show!
Old 8 May 2003, 17:02 (Ref:593719)   #30
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with D-Type, I thought that they did their best to imply that the Cobra Daytona won Le Mans in 1964. Well, I know it did, but not overall of course. I wasn't aware that Shelby had "conquered" European motorsport as a driver either!

Despite all that, there was some great footage and it was nice to see one of the mainstream channels showing a programme like this.