Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 2 Jul 2003, 22:38 (Ref:650277)   #26
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stephen, do you know which post you will be on yet?
Old 3 Jul 2003, 05:31 (Ref:650431)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Not yet I'm afraid Andrew, we don't normally know until sign on Saturday.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 09:09 (Ref:650544)   #28
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stephen - if I get down early enough perhaps I'll see you in the Kentagon.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 09:17 (Ref:650557)   #29
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
anyone got an accurate weather forcast yet?
Old 3 Jul 2003, 16:39 (Ref:651061)   #30
Joe Twyman
Rookie

Joe Twyman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have looked on the Met Office website and it says that it will be cloudy with intervals of rain....Good for us Loti 11 people!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:23 (Ref:651102)   #31
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just looked at the local BBC forecast for the weekend and it shows dry, sunny weather for both days.
Thats confused all of you :confused: :confused:
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:28 (Ref:651105)   #32
dscwall
Rookie

dscwall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/uk/m...ds_Hatch2.html
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:28 (Ref:651106)   #33
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
Andrew, have a good day on Saturday, I will be in your neck of the woods on the 13th as the boys want to watch the Air Show at Duxford (and so do I for that matter).

Stephen, I will keep an eye out for those infamous red shoes and give them a wave if I spot them.

Good luck to all the 10/Tenthers racing, I hope my version of the forecast is what you want to see (sorry Joe)
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:33 (Ref:651110)   #34
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
Now I'm really confused :confused: .
Local ITV station forecasts mixed cloudy, sunny weather, but no rain, :confused: for the weekend and getting warmer as well. :confused:
Old 4 Jul 2003, 06:25 (Ref:651677)   #35
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
20% chance of rain - I dont mind that for the race but lets hope its sunny the rest of the time!
Old 4 Jul 2003, 07:12 (Ref:651710)   #36
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oh well, a normal mixed forecast then See yer tomorrow folks!
Old 4 Jul 2003, 11:50 (Ref:651955)   #37
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My brother (Neil Hodges) is one of three F3 500s entered in the Junior race. Ours is the 'Swedish Car' (blue belly, yellow top).
With our recent reliability problems, the standing joke is that he's on first name terms with all the marshals. So if he stops by your post, feel free to spook him by saying "Hi Neil"!
Old 4 Jul 2003, 12:03 (Ref:651978)   #38
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I saw him (not to talk to) at Snetterton a few weeks ago.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 13:08 (Ref:652229)   #39
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by glyn parham
Andrew, have a good day on Saturday, I will be in your neck of the woods on the 13th as the boys want to watch the Air Show at Duxford (and so do I for that matter).
Glyn,

I will be at the Goodwood FoS on the Friday & Saturday but Duxford Flying Legends on the Sunday . What a weekend that will be! Do you want to know which aircraft are flying? Found a list on the net, I'll post it in the Gravel Trap.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 14:08 (Ref:652343)   #40
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Done.
Duxford Thread here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...&postid=652298
Old 4 Jul 2003, 17:13 (Ref:652496)   #41
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
Thanks Andrew, a mouthwatering line up indeed. If you have the time perhaps we could meet up and say hello, would you like to suggest a time and place. Hopefully other ten tenthers will be going as well and would like the chance to put faces to names etc as well.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 17:16 (Ref:652502)   #42
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
Final weather update for this weekends Superprix.
Cloudy, dry on Saturday and dry and warm for Sunday.
If its any different on the day, don't blame me, blame ITV & BBC local forecasters.
Have a good weekend all.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 20:08 (Ref:652718)   #43
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Glyn, yeah would be great to meet up. We'll sort it out next week.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 19:53 (Ref:654139)   #44
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon. What happened ?

Spent some time Sunday looking for a silver Lotus No. 44. A double check of the programme and I found silver Lotus no. 37 on it's trailer, straped up ready to leave !!! As you were missing from the race I guessed that it must have been engine gremlins.

Simon L
Old 6 Jul 2003, 20:02 (Ref:654146)   #45
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also any news on the Allard driver (Don Shead). It looked very bad, the car must have turned over 3 or 4 times in the gravel. The commentry seemed to suggest he was shaken but OK. I hope that turns out to be true.

Simon
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:05 (Ref:654437)   #46
simon drabble
Veteran

to answer in terms of importance I hope Don is on the mend, I understand he was still in hospital last night. I left just before the race but I gather it was a very nasty accident and we all hope that he will be fine.
My Saturday was eventful, it ranged from being physically threatened by my now ex spanner to having a mechanical fault which shouldn't have occured but is now in professional hands and should be fixed later this week ready for the GP meeting in a fortnight.Its a shame as we had qualified quite well in Gentlemen Drivers and until it lost all power on lap 2 was looking good.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:09 (Ref:654440)   #47
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Sorry to hear the bad news Simon. I was on post 5 (entrance to Druids) all weekend so didn't get the chance to come and say hi. Maybe see you at the GP weekend where I'm on Hangar Straight at the top.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:24 (Ref:654453)   #48
simon drabble
Veteran

Stephen
the one comment I heard from several people was how quickly you all responded to Don's accident and also I saw how well you sorted the 1st corner incident in the sportscar race - I thought it was going to be red flagged you did a great job! Martin Stretton's drive in that race was something else!
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:25 (Ref:654456)   #49
simon drabble
Veteran

sorry having re read that I mean his drive was outstanding rather than something else to your great job!!!!
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:34 (Ref:654461)   #50
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
That was down to my friend Chris who was the Observer on post 4A this weekend. Please let us know if you get any updates on Don.