Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 31 Oct 2003, 13:35 (Ref:769178)   #26
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh and another thing, BARC always give choccie bars, crips and pop or water at all their meetings.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 15:52 (Ref:771699)   #27
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
Oh and another thing, BARC always give choccie bars, crips and pop or water at all their meetings.
Do they?

I have never had anything from the BARC on racedays, apart from the odd raffle prize!
However, Barc NW do invite me to their Dinner Dance in January (Maybe not in 2004 tho'!)
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:02 (Ref:771709)   #28
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I have never had anything from the BARC on racedays, apart from the odd raffle prize!
Funny, I could have sworn I'd seen you enjoying a drink after a few BARC NW meetings!

Raffle prizes.....don't get me started on them..... wimmin!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:07 (Ref:771717)   #29
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do apologise, yes they do at Oulton but not at anywhere else I've been to!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:10 (Ref:771719)   #30
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not been to Donington, Mallory or Curborough recently then?
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:13 (Ref:771725)   #31
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
Not been to Donington, Mallory or Curborough recently then?
Perhaps it a "New for 2003" thing then!
I've not done BARC at Donny or mallory this year.

However, that's not why I do/don't do meetings but a choccie biscuit always meets with approval!

I AM at donny this Sunday, so I'll see if I get something!!
Mark
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:28 (Ref:771742)   #32
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I do apologise, yes they do at Oulton but not at anywhere else I've been to!
Your memory's worse than mine.....forgotten that meeting at Anglesey where you got a drink & a tenner?

Maybe this will remind you......
Attached Thumbnails
ang.jpg  
Old 3 Nov 2003, 17:30 (Ref:771791)   #33
Wedgie
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Wedgie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Us up North appear to be well looked after.

At meetings organised by the Scottish Motor Racing Club (SMRC) we are provided with:

Tea, coffee and biscuits at sign-on.

For lunch, along with Walter Robertsons steak pies we get sandwiches, crisps, apples, choc. biscuit and tea and coffee.

At various times this year we have also been suppled with bottled water during events and beers after.

To top it all off, at the end of the season those marshalls who have attended the majority of events are invited to attend a fun day. In the past these have included all day karting events, clay pigeon shooting, off road driving and Honda Pilots.

Not sure what the full program is this year, this Saturday, but I do know we are getting the chance to drive Legends race cars at Knockhill .

KJR

Last edited by Wedgie; 3 Nov 2003 at 17:32.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 19:47 (Ref:771979)   #34
PJG
Rookie

PJG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got a free pint at Mallory this weekend thanks to BRSCC - very welcome it was too after all that nasty rain.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wedgie
Us up North appear to be well looked after.

At meetings organised by the Scottish Motor Racing Club (SMRC) we are provided with:

Tea, coffee and biscuits at sign-on.

KJR
Well I'll be looking forward to paying for my own cup of coffee & bacon butty at Don(n)ington next weekend! Anyone know what's on apart from the trucks?
Old 3 Nov 2003, 20:32 (Ref:772014)   #35
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walter Robertsons steak pies?
Old 3 Nov 2003, 22:15 (Ref:772109)   #36
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington - 2 truck races, 2 kart races, 1 2CV race and 1 BMW race I think.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:18 (Ref:772616)   #37
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by schrammy
Walter Robertsons steak pies?
Oooh I remember them from when I used to do casualty for the Rescue assessment weekends - very tasty they were too.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 13:42 (Ref:781025)   #38
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
well I was at Donny on Sunday and there was NO pop, or biscuits on offer!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 12:24 (Ref:781953)   #39
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
That's most unusual - perhaps they ran out earlier in the year. Still, they are offering you a free dinner if you've done more than 6 days marshalling - see the other thread.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 12:37 (Ref:781966)   #40
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
maybe the pop froze and they didnt want to give you iced lollys.....
Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:35 (Ref:782635)   #41
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are these goodies only in the pit lane? The last couple of seasons we've had a lunch bag for some meetings to make up a little for the fact that there wasn't enough time to eat it, unless the other marshal would let you stand down for a couple of minutes (although I think that's BRSCC anyway, because John Saddler was handing them out. Otherwise, it's zippo. No, not the lighter...

Oh, I did sit next to a Doctor when his free fish and chips arrived. Does that count?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 10:26 (Ref:783001)   #42
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the same old story again. Is it going to change!.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 12:29 (Ref:783119)   #43
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Are these goodies only in the pit lane?
No, they are usually available in BARC sign on. If you normally sign on with ES at Donington that may well be why you haven't seen them. Having said that the pit lane goodies (supplied by yours truly personally) are usually: Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, soup and Jelly Babies!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 01:09 (Ref:783859)   #44
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, those bottles and biscuits. They're generally at all meetings, then not a BARC thing. The pop is particularly exciting. It matters not what colour it is or what it says on the label, it always tastes almost exactly unlike cherryade!

But, as Sheila says, welcome anyway. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were referring to something being brought round during the day.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 17:00 (Ref:794220)   #45
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
To change the subject!......
It's nearly December now and I've not had my 750 Christmas Card......I'm getting worried!!
Old 25 Nov 2003, 22:44 (Ref:794484)   #46
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I standing by to produce labels for the Xmas card and availability when Robin Knight calls. Although we have the dates he may be watching the GP date fiasco before committing.
Pete
Old 26 Nov 2003, 12:38 (Ref:794984)   #47
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be waiting a long time then - how about sending out Easter cards instead!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 16:03 (Ref:797221)   #48
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I heard the excuse at a training day last year that (and I quote) "there just isn't the money in the sport for those kinds of things".

Balderdash.

1. I haven't seen the balance sheets, but I can't imagine 750MC can't get to their front doors for piles of cash.

2. If you go back to the initial post of this thread, it wasn't the monetary value of the flask etc that the marshal was grateful for, it was the thought that went into it that counted.

As many others have commented on this thread, other clubs take note.

PS. in the same vein, a remarkable amount of good will can be generated with small resource if some thought goes into it. Just take a look at what Prescott Hillclimb have achieved ... http://www.marshalspost.com/gallery/85.html