Jordan-Ford 2 2.38%
Minardi-Cosworth 10 11.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Dec 2003, 21:17 (Ref:821467)   #26
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i vote williams
There must be times when Joann Villeneuve still doubts her wisdom in letting Jacques step in to that little kart at Imola all those years ago, but race fans around the world are eternally grateful, for in Jacques we have a racer of the old school, and a legend in his own right.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 21:53 (Ref:821474)   #27
marvan656
Rookie

marvan656 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have to go for Ferrari as my favorite, although I'm not a huge Michael fan or anything. I started watching F1 in the late 70's and loved those Villeneuve years. Went to see a few of the races in Montreal and just developed an affinity to them.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 22:28 (Ref:821489)   #28
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cds_uk
By the way, as the engines have to last all weekend this year are Jordan and Minardi getting the same spec as Jag?
Jordan get the same spec as Jaguar at the start of the year just like Sauber gets the same spec as Ferrari.
Minardi get an evolution of last year's engine modified to suit the new regulations.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 23:04 (Ref:821511)   #29
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
But without Schumacher, Todt, Brawn, Byrne and Montezemolo, there might well BE no Ferrari. I'm not asking you to like them as people - though I happen to like and admire them all - but you can't ignore what they've achieved for Ferrari.
I have a problem with this 'without Schumacher, Todt, Brawn, Byrne and Montezemolo, there might well BE no Ferrari' philosophy and you know why.. because Gilles didnt win a signle title for Ferrari yet he is the highest merchandise seller for them since past 20 years. Have you ever thought why??
Old 27 Dec 2003, 23:35 (Ref:821519)   #30
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
More merchandise than Ivan Capelli was likely to sell, anyway... Ferrari, in the post-Prost era, were dismal. They could scrape together a handful of wins (two?) between Prost's departure at the end of 1991 and Schumacher's arrival in 1996, and FIAT wouldn't have bankrolled such a tragi-comedy for ever. So what's your point?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 04:18 (Ref:821628)   #31
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well my point is that 'quality matters'. Certainly Ferrari has won all these title during past 4 years, but at what price? Michael won his 6th title this year yet the sportsman of the year is Lance Armstrong? Michael kicked the heck out of JPM at Monza (a vintage performance imo) this year, yet 75% of British F1 fans consider JPM as the best driver of 2003.

Have you ever thought of the fact that M Schu. rarely gets the credit he should've gotten? You wanna know the reason why... simply because he and his team of cronies have created a situation at Ferrari which has made them a laughing stock of the pitlane. I mean nobody takes them seriously any more. No wonder Andretti calls them 'a gang of thugs..
Old 28 Dec 2003, 04:22 (Ref:821630)   #32
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
*looks at top of page*

Yep, I thought thats what the thread title was - "Favorite Team". For a minute there I thought I was in "Bash whatever team you want" thread.

Back on topic, or consider the thread closed people.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:19 (Ref:821647)   #33
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams forever!!!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 07:25 (Ref:821690)   #34
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW Williams But it used to be Brabham and Lotus.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:32 (Ref:822501)   #35
Vw gti 16v
Racer

Vw gti 16v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My fave team has got to be Jaguar because webber got me into them from the aussie GP webber
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:50 (Ref:822511)   #36
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see no one has voted for Toyota, hardly a surprise considering they are the most lifeless, souless, boring team ever to hit the F1 circus.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:57 (Ref:822514)   #37
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
That argument does'nt hold much water when Ron and Co have the most votes
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:57 (Ref:822515)   #38
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Not sure I agree, actually. I admire the dedication and professionalism of Toyota.

In fact, with the exception of Ferrari - because they're Ferrari - and Jordan - because they brought a breath of fresh air to F1 - I rarely get all that excited about teams. For me, it's about the individuals; not just the drivers, but also the team principals, designers and so on. For example, I've never liked Craig Pollock (or Jacques Villeneuve), but I do have a lot of time for Dave Richards (and Jenson Button), so I feel much more warmly towards BAR than I used to.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:40 (Ref:823074)   #39
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite is McLaren, and I'll be even happier when Montoya slides into the seat next to Kimi in 2005!!

Ferrari red looks awesome, and the Williams car looks great, and Renaults Yellow/Blue colour is also appealing, but McLaren have always had "something more".

Go Kimi 2004!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:53 (Ref:823088)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by cds_uk
By the way, as the engines have to last all weekend this year are Jordan and Minardi getting the same spec as Jag?
Jordan get Jag-spec motors, Minardi get their 2003 engines tweaked to last a bit longer. Would be better to get the European Engine concern up and running again
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Dec 2003, 05:55 (Ref:823277)   #41
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise! The winning teams are the most popular. Human nature I guess.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 10:37 (Ref:823410)   #42
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After waiting for a while to see how is this poll gonna go, I must say I'm a bit dissapointed, and curious.
First, what I would like to know - is it obvious from my posts that I'm a McLaren fan?
Second, why is it that I've allways had a feeling that I'm actually a minority at it here?
And then, we come to dissapointment - I did realise that Ferrari isn't the most supported team here, but now, I have realised that it gets more important who we are against, instead whom we support.

All this is due to the fact that McLaren, so far, has the most votes, and I've never before realised that so many people likes 'em - I have realised that Ferrari is the most disliked, and, consequentually has the loudest deffenders.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:36 (Ref:823458)   #43
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a good point - I wouldn't have thought McLaren were the best supported team either!

Maybe it's a bit like football. All the Liverpool fans I know spend much more time talking about Man Utd than Liverpool!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 13:40 (Ref:823575)   #44
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MacCaroon Fan, but only because a lingering affection for hakkinen and a tolerence of DC. No particular love for Kimi and later for JP, though the Missus is thrilled that her two faves will be together in 2005.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 13:43 (Ref:823580)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Meroo
Surprise! The winning teams are the most popular. Human nature I guess.
yes, but they are also the teams that have been around the most, been associated with the best drivers and designers along with innovation etc...
Old 30 Dec 2003, 14:15 (Ref:823593)   #46
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But how do we you explain Minardi having more fans than all the other teams except the top 3?

It could be that underdog thing, or being the little fish in a tankful of sharks, and hoping it doesn't get eaten...

Danica Patrick
Old 30 Dec 2003, 14:42 (Ref:823611)   #47
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi, for being the great school of engineers, mechanics, drivers, etc.

Forza Minardi !!!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 16:34 (Ref:823675)   #48
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for Williams. I really enjoy their team approach and many of their cars over the years have been awesome. The active suspension was a brilliant technological advance. I also respect Mclaren and what they've done.

As for the results, I agree the top three get the votes due to their records, reputation, team philosphy, personel, history and long gevity. I'm also not surprised that Minarid is higher than the mid-fielders. People love the underdog. The only one on there that surprised me is Jordan. But perhaps that's due to their more recent past. It's just too bad that Lotus still isn't on the list to be voted for.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 18:10 (Ref:823730)   #49
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
always been a Williams fan. they've had a well setup team and good cars through out.
i like Mclaren as well.. in the late 80's and early 90's they clearly were the best and always seem to conjure up these great driver line-ups!!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 20:36 (Ref:823845)   #50
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a fan of Toyota in the WRC, I'd like to like Toyota in F1 but....
Nice, clean lines but not enough else.