Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jan 2004, 17:58 (Ref:847191)   #26
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they are running to FIA type rules with only 5 GT cars its going to be a bit lonely in the lead all the action will be happening in the other classes. though it must be a slap in the teeth to the GTO guys now not being able to go for race wins.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 17:59 (Ref:847195)   #27
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Thanks for the entry. And by the way in last weeks Autosport magazine on page 93 a article states that GNM wants to run a "pair" of Saleens in this years British GT championship, so I think we can assume that there will be 2 Saleen's from GNM.

Autosport reports in Jan 8th edition that the Eurotech team will not only field 2 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in the NGT class but it WILL also field 1 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup class car in the GT Cup class for Stuart Scott and Steve Wood.
That will be the Gulf Air Porsche at the top of my Cup class list then, will it?? And its not yet confirmed whether this car will be entered by Eurotech or under the Gulf AIr banner, but it IS being run by Eurotech.

As for the GNM Saleens. I said I was putting on cars that I know are a possibility. I don't believe GNM will run two cars in British GT this season. When they enter with two cars, they can be added to the list. At present I know of a possible single car. The fact that they WANT to doesn't meant they ARE...
Old 22 Jan 2004, 18:00 (Ref:847198)   #28
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The QM run viper was a tip relating to the Ex Peter cook GT class Viper that turns out to have been a duff steer. Cooky still owns the car. BTW the GTO Viper is NOT the same car than ran in GT last season. Several other GT class cars ran in the odd race in 03 (I think a total of 6 cars at one race or another.

I have a provisional list of probable runners (some as yet unannounced) but suffice to say that there will be more than the 2003 opening round's total of 14!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 19:13 (Ref:847290)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The British GT Championship is looking really strong this year. It is a championship I am really looking forward to this year. I hope to make quite a few of the rounds. Roll on Donnington first weekend of April.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 19:41 (Ref:847324)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I've not spoken to Pete Cate in a while but he and his team (Brunswick) were planning to enter a Mazda RX8 this year - any news on that?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 19:51 (Ref:847340)   #31
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Its an RX7 Craig - a great story behind it too - its a grey import bought off the dock for a ridiculously small amount of cash and now being prepped.

Its nice to have variety out there, its been an odd sort of feature of Brit GTs from the beginning
Old 22 Jan 2004, 20:19 (Ref:847377)   #32
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ooops, you're quite correct! Glad things are moving along as planned!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 20:22 (Ref:847380)   #33
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any reason why Cook doesn't get his GT class Viper out there this year?

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 22 Jan 2004, 21:30 (Ref:847452)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
Is there any reason why Cook doesn't get his GT class Viper out there this year?
Maybe he's planning to race something different!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 21:49 (Ref:847478)   #35
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Is that just speculation or do you know something we don't?

Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:17 (Ref:847509)   #36
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I right in think that Martin Short is planning to run a couple of Noble's this year as well.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:31 (Ref:847532)   #37
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
One definatly, and that will be in the cup class.

Last edited by Duffacus; 22 Jan 2004 at 22:34.

Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:37 (Ref:847540)   #38
SPEEDY77
Rookie

SPEEDY77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think we will see Peter Cook in a car this season with a very quick team mate ?

From the information I have is that his GT VIPER sale has been put on hold and the cars on the way to Oreca to have the car upgraded from 01 spec to 03.

His GT class Porsche was also meant to be sold but the potenial purchaser is Brian Colwell is not to good at the moment (Get well soon Brian if you read this) and he is to skip the season.

I am not sure that Peter Cook will do all the races as he may also invade europe ?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:38 (Ref:847542)   #39
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we could see the GT Viper in British GT this year?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:38 (Ref:847543)   #40
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Something else that just came to me after reading about the Noble is that there will be two Ginettas competing in the Cup Class this year too.

Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:53 (Ref:847555)   #41
SPEEDY77
Rookie

The GT VIPER is on the cards but I would say only for max 4 rounds.

I would be supprised if we see the Ginetta I was speaking to Richard H who is to run the cup car at the show and he said it would be very unlikly to show early on if at all ?

Last edited by SPEEDY77; 22 Jan 2004 at 22:54.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 22:56 (Ref:847557)   #42
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the Info Speedy. Any idea as to why the Viper would only contest 4 rounds? Is it that the car woudnt be ready until later in the season perhaps? Anyway the GT grid is looking pretty good right now, potentially very good for its first year back.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 23:02 (Ref:847563)   #43
SPEEDY77
Rookie

I think it is more down to Peter wanting to race some european races.

Last edited by SPEEDY77; 22 Jan 2004 at 23:02.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 23:05 (Ref:847571)   #44
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
On the GT class front I'd have to disagree at the moment Saleen - AFAIK there are only two cars confirmed - two further cars probable - and one further car possible for as full season in the clas at the moment. As always at this stage there are rumours and possibilities galore but very little solid detail.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 23:08 (Ref:847573)   #45
SPEEDY77
Rookie

GG I have sent you a message.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:30 (Ref:847898)   #46
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SPEEDY77
I would be supprised if we see the Ginetta I was speaking to Richard H who is to run the cup car at the show and he said it would be very unlikly to show early on if at all ?
There's still the Ian Mulliner/ATOL Fuels Ginetta, which they previewed (in the paddock) at the Ginetta race at Donington last year.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 09:26 (Ref:847942)   #47
SPEEDY77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage
There's still the Ian Mulliner/ATOL Fuels Ginetta, which they previewed (in the paddock) at the Ginetta race at Donington last year.
Yes there is that car and I hope they race it ?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:02 (Ref:847990)   #48
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lister Storm
Speed 12
Marcos LM600
Porche 911 GT1
McLaren F1

Those are the 5 cars in have seen in British GT and the ones i really want to return, i know its not gonna happen (except for the lister) but im prayin'
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:25 (Ref:848025)   #49
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
The Marcoses are up for sale
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:23 (Ref:848082)   #50
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the Porsche and the MCLaren are both GT1 cars, so they'll never see the light of day on a race track again!