Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 2 Feb 2004, 14:24 (Ref:860144)   #26
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to try to make it to Indy for next year, i'll just have to start saving now!
Old 2 Feb 2004, 22:02 (Ref:860713)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To MLM:

My older siter and brothr both graduated from Marian...I went to Indiana University....

you weren't that far from the track when you attended college....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 Feb 2004, 22:49 (Ref:860761)   #28
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
To MLM:

My older siter and brothr both graduated from Marian...I went to Indiana University....

you weren't that far from the track when you attended college....
GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!
Gee, are you the "black sheep" of the family??
I know I wasn't far from the track....I went over there sometimes after I got through with finals that 1st week in May
I'm not going to tell you what year I graduated...but those were 4 wonderful years of my lifeon Cold Springs Rd.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 18:18 (Ref:861634)   #29
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From Cold Springs Rd. south to 30th St. (Soap Box Derby Hill is to your left at that corner..I raced there as a kid -- named after Wilbur Shaw, a 3-time Indy winner) then an easy shot out to the north entrance to the infield at the Speedway....

BTW.... if any of you are going to do the "General Admission" thing at Indy, park at the corner of 30th St. and Falcon Drive, just across the street from the north entrance gate at the Speedway....

Do it in a pick-up truck with about 6-8 friends in the back....

When the "Cannon" fires at 5 a.m. to signal that the gates are opened on Race Day, have your buddies jump out of the truck to get in the way of traffic, drive the truck across the street to the gate, and have the "Human traffic cones" jump back in....

We did that for many years in the 1970s when I went as a high schooler, and we were ALWAYS the first people to get into the track...and we always had our favorite spot....near turn three at the end of the backstretch...right next to the fence....

Now they have spectator mounds over there....but you'd still get the prime infield spot that you would want very easily!

To MLM:

My sister graduated from Marian in 1967 and my brother in 1969 or 70...

I was somewhat of a "Black Sheep," but went to IU to get a Journalism degree at one of the best J schools in the USA.... had lots of grade school and high school friends who attended Marian....

Old 4 Feb 2004, 01:15 (Ref:862118)   #30
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone gone to the IRL race at Kansas? I was thinking about going this year and was wondering someone who went thought of the race.

J.D.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 13:43 (Ref:862677)   #31
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
It's hot in Kansas that time of year, but the track and facilities are excellent and the racing is great....very fast with lots of action....

Old 4 Feb 2004, 19:38 (Ref:863064)   #32
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
jenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm sure the 500 will be beyond busy, and even though i'm not that good with crowds i think it'll all add to the atmosphere. basically nothing could possibly ruin this day for me!
Old 6 Feb 2004, 20:25 (Ref:865774)   #33
pshoe001
Rookie

pshoe001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenna,

It may be 350K+ people, but the place is so massive, you won't be clausterphobic. I've been to the Indy 500 13 of the past 14 years, and usually to a qualifying session, and it truly is awesome. Be sure to plan your route and parking for race day. Enjoy
Old 6 Feb 2004, 21:37 (Ref:865823)   #34
B/Mark
Racer

B/Mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Kingfloopy,
Get out to Kansas, its a great place.
Kansas City was probably the best place to stay on the tour last year.
The track is a flat out blast and results in close races and finishes.
As Tim said it gets very hot!
One of the best bits of action was the IPS race!
Taylor was put to the back of the grid from pole for a tecnical infringement. His run to the front and eventual win was amazing to watch. He came of age in that race!
It shows that at these types of circuits it doesn't matter where you start overtaking will happen. The races are fabulously exciting. Pick a driver and follow him/her through the race, watch them go up and down the pack, it's very entertaining. Just inches apart for two hours, what more could you want.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 22:22 (Ref:865850)   #35
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
jenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually i'm not a planning type of person, but i think the people i'm going with will have it all worked out...