Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:01 (Ref:888553)   #26
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who forgot to paint the white parts on Ingalls car. It is a shocker! The car is a mess, the person who designed it forgot about the 3 colour rule and threw in the other few colours to mess it up completely. The dunlop sticker looks like an afterthought on the front guard and i hope duracell dont expect tooo much exposure as the batterey logo is just about lost.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:04 (Ref:888559)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wondered that myself, especially as the Pirtek car looks so integrated in comparison...

Maybe they will revise it before the GP?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:07 (Ref:888563)   #28
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They spent all the time on the Pirtek car and then ran out of time for Ingall's and just threw everything at it.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:22 (Ref:888574)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its like a kid has got a model car, and a bottle of liquid paper and gone nuts
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Feb 2004, 01:29 (Ref:888732)   #30
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must have wierd tastes, but i like the Ingall car, even more than last year's one. A bit less aggressive.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 04:24 (Ref:888834)   #31
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM has not changed there livery at all. This team just refuses to change there livery. It's old and boring and you'd think that they would change it by now. If you go to www.grmotorsport.com.au it has images of there open day and the cars are exactly the same.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 04:41 (Ref:888845)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If that bare Monaro shell is for Team Brock, someone had better pull their collective fingers out to be ready for Adelaide!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Feb 2004, 04:51 (Ref:888853)   #33
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mean to be rude..... but... how unprofessional can GRM be????? Garry, if your reading change your f*&#en livery once in every few years... They have had that livery for 4-5 years at least... My god, how hard can it be to have a refresh... Plus, too much time spend on Monaro's to be any threat in V8supercars!!!
Old 29 Feb 2004, 04:55 (Ref:888854)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its pretty much unchanged from their first year in Supercar isnt it? Which would make it relevant in 1996 or so

That is sooooo last century!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Feb 2004, 05:34 (Ref:888862)   #35
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man i hate that livery. It didnt look too bad in the VT days, but now it is just annoying. Even their last change was a small one, remember where it went from white to blue, it was the V for Valvoline? All they have done is rounded it.

Man this is frustrating. Hey, anyone want to do a "Nicko" and make a design and send it to the team?
Old 29 Feb 2004, 05:41 (Ref:888865)   #36
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least if you have any GRM merchandise from the last ten years, it's still up to date....
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:33 (Ref:888926)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The part I dont get was that the team announced a major new deal with Repco, who I would have thought would want a better graphic design than the one they are currently afforded....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:41 (Ref:888929)   #38
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Strange indeed. Would have thought they would have got a bit more space on the car. I've never liked the GRM cars, the paint scheme looks like it's from bout the 1970's.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:46 (Ref:888934)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its old home week to McConville though, I mean the GRM Monaro project introduced him to the team, and his dalliance with Rod Nash in a VT before joining LRT produced a relationship with the sponsor....

I went hunting for a pic of it, but the Supercar pic gallery only goes back to 2001, and the car debuted at Bathurst in 2000....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:51 (Ref:888939)   #40
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought after the last couple of years results, a fresh livery change would be one of the first things they would do. It's hard to support a team that doesn't even look like it's going in a forward direction.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:52 (Ref:888940)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I bet the local panelbeater will cry this year, having been able to afford a seaside mansion on the strength of the work Whincup put his way
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:57 (Ref:888947)   #42
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he should just follow him to his new team!