Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Apr 2004, 18:26 (Ref:941921)   #26
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Avro,

We agree.

I looked at the mst site for the results, and clicked on the qualifying by mistake (it'd been a long day starting at 0500!)

I agree with what you say about Peter's Nissan, it was too old hat to be competitive against the likes of Michael and Garry's cars. But it was out there.

The Prelude still has the capability, in my opinion, of winning is FS.... at a cost no doubt!

I think the solution, in the long term, is for the MSA, through their committee, to weild the axe/amalgamation blender, and drastically change the face of the sport. I chose to race in FS this year because I finally bought the car that I have lusted after for many years, in fact since the day that Empress started building it! My other option was to run it in the Northern Sports & Saloons, but that meant racing against sports cars, special saloons, and all and sundry. FS allowed me to race against cars of the same idealogical type.

I am an advocate of Thundersaloons, and what it stood for, in it's original guise.

That's away from the gist of the thread....

In terms of ideas, the Euro Saloons is the right idea. The problem with it is that there are too many other championships diluting each other, which if anything is driving the spectators away.

So, I look forward to seeing you at FS races, and sharing a beer or three while we put the world to rights.

Rob.

PS: Richard - Your DYMAGS are not wide enough to start with, and they'll be Super Touring spec. I'm actually running on Ford stud pattern, 9.5" on the front, 11" on the rear.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 21:05 (Ref:942105)   #27
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats needed is three saloon and sports car championships
southern
middlands
northern
all run to the same regs over 12 rounds with the top three out of each class in a end of season final .the northen,southern are all ready there the middlands one woudn t take much setting up surely???????????????
Old 16 Apr 2004, 21:09 (Ref:942112)   #28
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's to simple. It would(n't) work.
Think of something else, and see if the BRSCC will run it.

Tongue firmly in cheek.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 09:37 (Ref:943900)   #29
hawkenr
Racer

United Kingdom
Walton-on-Thames
hawkenr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob, they are some big wheels. What is your car? I used to have an Empress ThunderFiesta prior to buying the Cav. Good little car.

Richard

Quote:
Originally posted by racing59
Avro,

We agree.

I looked at the mst site for the results, and clicked on the qualifying by mistake (it'd been a long day starting at 0500!)

I agree with what you say about Peter's Nissan, it was too old hat to be competitive against the likes of Michael and Garry's cars. But it was out there.

The Prelude still has the capability, in my opinion, of winning is FS.... at a cost no doubt!

I think the solution, in the long term, is for the MSA, through their committee, to weild the axe/amalgamation blender, and drastically change the face of the sport. I chose to race in FS this year because I finally bought the car that I have lusted after for many years, in fact since the day that Empress started building it! My other option was to run it in the Northern Sports & Saloons, but that meant racing against sports cars, special saloons, and all and sundry. FS allowed me to race against cars of the same idealogical type.

I am an advocate of Thundersaloons, and what it stood for, in it's original guise.

That's away from the gist of the thread....

In terms of ideas, the Euro Saloons is the right idea. The problem with it is that there are too many other championships diluting each other, which if anything is driving the spectators away.

So, I look forward to seeing you at FS races, and sharing a beer or three while we put the world to rights.

Rob.

PS: Richard - Your DYMAGS are not wide enough to start with, and they'll be Super Touring spec. I'm actually running on Ford stud pattern, 9.5" on the front, 11" on the rear.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 09:42 (Ref:943904)   #30
hawkenr
Racer

United Kingdom
Walton-on-Thames
Can anyone please tell me why we have to use Carless controlled fuel in FS, is there a performance advantage? is it 100 octane? or is it simply to level the field...as much as possible. Seems extremely expensive at £2 litre....why is that?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:09 (Ref:943921)   #31
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hawkenr, the reasons behind the controlled fuel are :
(1) It was believed that some drivers where using 118 octane fuel and avgas and the Club did not have the money to have fuel tests done. Carless test the fuel free of charge.
(2) Drivers where having engine problems at times when they had got a bad batch of fuel from a petrol station.
(3) The fuel burns at least 80 degrees cooler in the cylinder giving your engine a longer life.
(4) They deliver the fuel to the circuits.
(5) 75% of the drivers where using the fuel anyway.
We worked it out that if you did a full season it would add about £600 to your budget. This might sound a lot but it would definately save more than that by extending your engine life.
It was always going to be a potentially controversial decision but we felt it was better than loosing cars due to engine problems and it should have stopped any cheating on the fuel.
If you are running a Touring car then it is advisable to run this fuel even if it wasn't in our regs.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:18 (Ref:943927)   #32
hawkenr
Racer

United Kingdom
Walton-on-Thames
Hi Garry, thanks for that, now makes perfect sense, especially the cooler operating temperature. I ran the Cav at Combe on 97 Super Plus and did get a little hot. How much fuel would you use typically over a weekend with a single race? help to quantify the amount needed for our debut race at Oulton Park (fingers crossed).

Thanks again,

Richard Hawken
RML Cavalier No 84

QUOTE]Originally posted by garry
Hawkenr, the reasons behind the controlled fuel are :
(1) It was believed that some drivers where using 118 octane fuel and avgas and the Club did not have the money to have fuel tests done. Carless test the fuel free of charge.
(2) Drivers where having engine problems at times when they had got a bad batch of fuel from a petrol station.
(3) The fuel burns at least 80 degrees cooler in the cylinder giving your engine a longer life.
(4) They deliver the fuel to the circuits.
(5) 75% of the drivers where using the fuel anyway.
We worked it out that if you did a full season it would add about £600 to your budget. This might sound a lot but it would definately save more than that by extending your engine life.
It was always going to be a potentially controversial decision but we felt it was better than loosing cars due to engine problems and it should have stopped any cheating on the fuel.
If you are running a Touring car then it is advisable to run this fuel even if it wasn't in our regs.
[/QUOTE]
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:30 (Ref:943937)   #33
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hawkenr

I have sent you a PM, drop me an email if you get chance !!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 19:21 (Ref:944592)   #34
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Hawkenr,

my car is the Belmont that Richard & co built for Trevor Griffiths.

I'm running it with an all alloy smallblock chevy, which is what I believe it should have had at day 1.

Rob