Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Mar 2004, 01:29 (Ref:917306)   #26
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I believe we can say it's fact: on their new website Forsythe Championship Racing confirms the detail of its three car assault on the 2004 ChampCar World Series...

"Defending World Champion, Canadian hero Paul Tracy will drive the # 1 ‘Indeck Forsythe Racing’ car, Canadian Patrick Carpentier the # 32 ‘Indeck Forsythe Racing’ car and new team member from Mexico, Rodolfo Lavin in the # 3 ‘Corona Forsythe Racing’ entry..."

more on:
http://www.forsythe-racing.com/index.html
Old 24 Mar 2004, 01:31 (Ref:917308)   #27
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Gerry Forthsye started to feal the heat from the Cananadian race promoters after all he runs the series, the team that Patrick was at before he got fired. Or maybe no more teams will materialize and this is the only place he could shove Patrick into I surely hope its not the second.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 01:41 (Ref:917317)   #28
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the update, carsten66!! They must have just posted that news on their website within the past few hours because I was on there this afternoon and they only had Tracy and Lavin down as their drivers for the upcoming season.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 03:09 (Ref:917368)   #29
cartpix
Racer

cartpix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Give GF a break? Your right, he has only known for what, four years that Player's sponsorship would be going away? Surely a four year time table is enough to find a sponsor for someone committed, and believing a series will succeed.
It's easy to say that Forsythe had all this time, to secure sponsorship, but we don't have all the facts. We don't know if he had any sponsors lined up, that were scared away by uncertenty of the series. Or if they got cold feet, waiting through all the court proceedings, etc. I was under the impression that they were going to announce a package, at Fontana. Of course, that was just speculation, on my part.

Jeff
Old 24 Mar 2004, 03:26 (Ref:917376)   #30
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering Players spent a lot of last year trying to find a loophole to stay with GF, he was strung up trying to sign someone else until the Players scenario played out.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 04:40 (Ref:917400)   #31
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Good to hear that Patrick has a ride.

Back to Forsythe, look the worse thing he has done is the handling of Patrick. Bet they are all one big happy family now huh?

As far as the finances, well let's say we disagree then.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 05:45 (Ref:917428)   #32
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Gerry Forsythe, as a businessman, had no plan whatsoever other than Player's, which he knew would very likely be legally prevented from sponsoring his team this year.

Perhaps Forsythe had sponsors lined up. But whose fault was it that it wasn't settled til it was too late?

Last edited by corkholio; 24 Mar 2004 at 05:49.