Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:09 (Ref:945153)   #26
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Raceonly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure why you said that. I was actually agreeing with what Also a Believer said. I may have disagreed with sentiments on other threads (nor was i cause of the other one been shut down), but on this thread i thought it was all rather harmonious. Let's keep it that way.

Last edited by Raceonly; 20 Apr 2004 at 09:09.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:11 (Ref:945155)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You have the power to control your fingertips Raceonly.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Apr 2004, 11:56 (Ref:945347)   #28
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raceonly,
At this level and lets face it its still the budget end of v8's its good for those that drive to share the responsibility of nurturing the team. These kids and soem not so young kids have to go cap in hand find a sponsor, build a relationship and try and maintain that contact....some do some dont. I think one of the better efforts in recent times would have to be Mr Dyke and selleys. From a sticker on his FF to full car and now F3 shows what good relationships can yield.....better not forget the Fujitsu deal and DJR either that was a coup.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 15:25 (Ref:945634)   #29
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Also a Believer
better not forget the Fujitsu deal and DJR either that was a coup.
The coup would rest with JF managing to be friendly enough with his sponsor to ensure a drive with the team that "acquired" his main backer from under his nose.

Very impressed with the Fujitsu side of DJR having their own transporter.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 00:35 (Ref:946187)   #30
Also a Believer
Veteran

Rdmdog

Cannot read between the lines there, help me out.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:32 (Ref:946219)   #31
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rdmdog

What he said :confused: :confused: :confused:

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:49 (Ref:946586)   #32
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see motorsport forums and i'm guessing it is this one has again been mentioned re the Caruso/HYL split.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 12:53 (Ref:946670)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rdmdog

JF in this case was Jose Fernandez... and the sponsor Fujitsu somehow parlaying a 2 car deal with Owen Kelly at DJR....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Apr 2004, 13:20 (Ref:946694)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Oh, and did you notice someone amongst us got this forum famous again... written about in Auto Action in the article about HYL.... Raceonly, you are famous!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Apr 2004, 15:39 (Ref:946799)   #35
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jose has had Fujitsu support since the start of last year, anyone notice the small Fujitsu stickers on a pair of yellow Falcons at Bathurst? Low and behold, DJR's Konica program is sponsored for 2004 bu Fujitsu, and like I said, Jose has been retained as one of the drivers.

Was this the plan from the start by DJR, two Konica cars?

I guess we will never know, but Im sure glad Fujitsu stayed with Jose, as they should be too
Old 21 Apr 2004, 18:20 (Ref:946951)   #36
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Oh, and did you notice someone amongst us got this forum famous again... written about in Auto Action in the article about HYL.... Raceonly, you are famous!
Yes, i read that. Must admit i thought it was a discussion amongst the plebs, never realised (despite others assurances which were obviously correct) the significance of where it would lead. But it was good of JF to admit that MC was good to work with i.e, means he did listen. But we are still no closer to knowing the real causes of the split, wether Steve Owen will be staying on or if someone else will take over. Or where Michael will end up. Oh well, i am sure another topic will come up that will prove interesting. That is the good thing about motorsport. It is rarely dull.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 20:54 (Ref:947112)   #37
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Actually, while on the subject of corrections (see above re the interaction between JF and MC), i feel it might be prudent to make another correction. It was stated elsewhere that i had no knowledge of KB working with Michael in F3 last year. The thread was closed before i got around to try to correct that. I have known KB for around 20 years. When he had his workshop at Thornleigh, i would take my (road) car to him for him to work on. I recall with sadness seeing the Comaro parked alomgside the wall filled with junk and covered in dust. So much better where it is now. When he moved to Asquith, i continued taking my car to him, and eventually stated to sell things to him. This continued up until he retired.

My first knowledge of him working in F3 was at last years Clepsal 500 when some idiot drove into Michaels car from the side of the track while Michael was leading the race. They interviewed KB about it, and that is how i found out. Last year, i saw him at Wakefield in the paddock and he did not look at all well. I thought it might have been his ticker giving grief, but he said it was his hip, i think. When i saw him at Oran Park he looked a lot better. I have had no contact with him since then so I hope he is well. Perhaps someone who has seen him since then would be so kind as to confirm he is well.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 21:24 (Ref:947141)   #38
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as i know KB still lives in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and does some work for David Bowden and Jeff Barnes on the restoration of David's cars.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 22:58 (Ref:947268)   #39
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
KB ran an ex Moffat RX7 at the Historics at Willowbank last year so he must reasonably fit...
Old 22 Apr 2004, 04:50 (Ref:947473)   #40
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Teretonga
KB ran an ex Moffat RX7 at the Historics at Willowbank last year so he must reasonably fit...
Well that is good news. i wonder how he went?
Old 22 Apr 2004, 22:16 (Ref:948370)   #41
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah not too too bad, wasn't the fastest, but there were some younger folk really having a big go.

He's still fairly active as a gun test driver for the Bowdens, and the word on the street is that the big bad Camaro is currently being restored for this year's historic race meeting... can't wait for that one!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 01:29 (Ref:948492)   #42
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it shows that HYL have trouble with anyone who doesn't already know the ropes. Therefore they aren't worth much as a development team at all.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 02:24 (Ref:948517)   #43
Also a Believer
Veteran

I think the other driver oin the team would disagree, he has developed fine as far as skill and speed is concerned,

The current front runners are long term competitors in this class and we should not be critical of first year drivers, this is not a second rate catagory at all any more.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 09:33 (Ref:948705)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This thread too is going the way of the dodo...

This is the weakest link... Goodbye
#CANCERSUCKS
Closed Thread