Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that had a genuine respect for each other, I meant to say
Old 8 Jun 2004, 23:50 (Ref:997920)   #27
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

He also add that he bouht 2 helmets and a 2 racing suits with his money to be ready for futur testing...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 00:02 (Ref:997929)   #28
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I read something the other day that indicated that JV has no offers and doesn't plan to return. I also read that MH is definately not interested in returning so I guess those who were putting JV and MH together at Williams will not get that wish.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 09:43 (Ref:998195)   #29
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh cr*p,a direct quote
Now we'll have to speculate about someone else....i have inside info that elvis is on a no burgers diet so he can test for williams.And you can take that as fact-until he quotes otherwise
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:04 (Ref:998598)   #30
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1atic
Well, I read something the other day that indicated that JV has no offers and doesn't plan to return.
I rather doubt that you read the second part of the above statement, at least not from a credible source. It is in direct contrast to everything Craig and Jacques have said. Jacques has said more than once however that he will not drive for a non-contender and thats no surprise.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:12 (Ref:998604)   #31
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
Jacques has said more than once however that he will not drive for a non-contender and thats no surprise.
Lemme see if I understand correctly, he has no offers whatsoever, but out of those he refuses the non-contender ones? Hmm.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:17 (Ref:998610)   #32
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red, at least the guy has standards.

Even if they do mean he will never race in F1 again...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:18 (Ref:998612)   #33
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Can't argue that, he surely does have a point there..
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:19 (Ref:998615)   #34
Kirk
Veteran

Just can't resist those BS sarcastic remarks, can you? As you should well know, JV made those comments way back in September 2003. Save those (basically meaningless) rides for young drivers trying to move up in F1. At 33 he doesn't want another stint like he had at BAR and I don't blame him.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:26 (Ref:998624)   #35
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
No, I'm not talking about his 2003 comments. I'm talking about last week. He said 2 different things:

1) he doesn't have an offer.
and
2) He'd lilke to drive for Ferrari.

Ok, this is usual journalism work to put them together, and usual fans' work to correlate them some more, but sorry Kirk, this is kinda ridiculous.

PS: And just off topic, I do blame him for not "wanting to take another stint at BAR". Look at them now.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:33 (Ref:998633)   #36
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
On second thought.... I thank him for not wanting to take another stint at BAR.

Disclaimer: I might take that back in 1 year or 2.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:57 (Ref:998664)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Kirk meant another stint LIKE his BAR stint, not to go to BAR........
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:01 (Ref:998673)   #38
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Hmm, ok then, and I fully agree that. Noone wants, though for $25 million (give or take) per season, 5 seasons, I might sacrifice my soul...

Last edited by Red; 9 Jun 2004 at 17:02.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:04 (Ref:998679)   #39
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'd be more scared if he was in one of this year's BARs...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:07 (Ref:998685)   #40
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
As I previously said, no, I wouldn't.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 18:21 (Ref:998798)   #41
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope this thread isn't going to deteriorate....
Old 9 Jun 2004, 18:32 (Ref:998814)   #42
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This thread already went down the drain after the third post.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 18:33 (Ref:998817)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems the Jacques Villeneuve discussion runs its course again....
Old 9 Jun 2004, 18:35 (Ref:998821)   #44
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Villeneuves's return to F1?

I'm as big a Villeneuve fan as there is, however this constant posting on his apparent return to the sport has me more than exhausted. To all you Villeneuve fans...give it a rest until there is something concrete and substantial.

I have deliberately stayed clear of all these threads due to the fact that all this talk and speculation is just that. If he returns, he returns. I know that he still has plenty of talent to beat the best and that is that.

Keep the spirits up and let us hope he returns!

Tye
Old 9 Jun 2004, 18:37 (Ref:998823)   #45
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amen to that.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 18:45 (Ref:998842)   #46
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well said Tye!!

all the articles are nothing but mere speculation... now there are aricles containing "JV quotes" saying he isnt coming back...
Its all getting too silly!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 19:03 (Ref:998872)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah Tye, that's the best thing to do !

As a F1 fan, I can only hope it becomes true, so let's wait and see...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 21:23 (Ref:999041)   #48
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
If he rules out non-contender's, that means only Ferrari or BAR and he's not comming back to BAR so it must be Ferrari!!!!!
JV threads....what a waste...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:41 (Ref:999613)   #49
Kirk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Teretonga
If he rules out non-contender's, that means only Ferrari or BAR and he's not comming back to BAR so it must be Ferrari!!!!!
JV threads....what a waste...
Its not the threads that are a waste. Its the stupid comments (like suggesting that BAR and Ferrari are the only F1 contenders). If you don't like them don't bother reading them.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 15:32 (Ref:999764)   #50
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just love how any negative comments reguarding a JV comeback are taken by the bashers as gospel while they compleately ignore all the positive DIRECT QUOTES from such F1 insiders as Bernie Ecclestone, Patrick Head, Coultard, Fisi, Nikki Lauda, Peter Sauber, Flavio Briatore, Martin Brundle, Eddie Irvine, Damon Hill etc, etc, ETC!!! Who all have stated that they believe a JV return would be beneficial for the sport and deserving of his talents. With all this backup I just think it is more likely than not JV will return in either a Williams, Renault, or Toyota next year.

As far as Villeneuve wanting to comeback, just take a few seconds to read some articles on JV's official site - www.jv-world.com
Villeneuve is training everyday, just bought new helmets and gear, and says he is ready to jump in an F1 car just as soon as he gets the offer. His desire to return is certain, whether he gets an opportunity is not so certain, but as I said I feel it is likely for next season.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.