Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Jul 2004, 18:02 (Ref:1035655)   #26
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore
Whats this Cliff Walk? have i missed something?
See:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=56584
Old 13 Jul 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1035739)   #27
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kaybee.you should have seen me at anglesey about a cliff walk.(only jesting)cliffs o\p walkabout is a must for everyone to do.dont forget to ask to see the photo,s at the end.hope you all enjoy it.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 15:29 (Ref:1037360)   #28
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hot off the press - weather forecast for Sat & Sun from the Met Office here at Shawbury:

SAT - Saturday will see the same front (that has been moving back & forward across England all week) moving in again from Ireland, and only clearing mid afternoon. Therefore expect rain and drizzle for most of qualifying, with the likelihood of the rain increasing just after lunch before stopping fairly suddenly. Once the rain stops, the weather should brighten up fairly rapidly, but possibly only drying out for the 4 races mid-afternoon.

SUN - By Sunday the front will have cleared completely, and the weather SHOULD be quite good; generally sunny with light winds. However, the airstream will be showery, and whilst these showers will be few & far between, if we get one it will stay a while due to the light winds.

However, it has been known for them to get it wrong!
Old 15 Jul 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1037457)   #29
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quality, GT's in the rain. Anyone for knickerbrook?
Old 15 Jul 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1037549)   #30
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a happy flaggie. I love tthe GT meeting and I can not make yet another meeting due to recovering from a hospital visit. My appologies have been sent. It is bad that I can not drive so I can not even do telephonist like last time I was injured for this meeting. Someone does not like me this season. I hope it is a good meeting (boy that hurts to say when I am not there) have fun and keep an eye out for young Nelson lets hope he has learnt how to start a race
Old 15 Jul 2004, 22:57 (Ref:1037702)   #31
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Mondeo Man33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hepatic
Quality, GT's in the rain. Anyone for knickerbrook?
I did Knickerbrook last year (against the advice of my friends!) but I wanted to prove that lightning doesn't strike twice, vis-a-vis my little "incident" there in 2002.

Not an easy thing to prove when the GTs are like a constant thunderstorm (!), but I got through last year unscathed- what would you make of it if I told you that I chose KnickerB in 2002 to see some action that weekend!?!

Anyway, thanks for the weather warnings, think I'll stick to a boring post like Lodge or Old Hall this year.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1037989)   #32
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey, Mondeo Man, was it you I saw get punted through the air by a pirouetting Viper in 2002?!

I have to say I was somewhat concerned for your wellbeing at the time, but managed to find out fairly quickly that you were ok. Wasn't that one of your first days on the bank?!

Looking back, we can joke about that incident, knowing that no-one was seriously hurt and the only real damage was some big holes in a few team owners' bank accounts. But at the time it was pretty horrible to watch.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1037999)   #33
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nah - he just wanted new overalls!!
Old 16 Jul 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1038101)   #34
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Mitchell
Nah - he just wanted new overalls!!
LOL!

Hi garcon, yes it was I who got tangled with the Viper and it did look really bad on the TV footage! I didn't know much about it at the time though, I just thought I'd been knocked over by part of the bodywork or something!

If you look closely you can see a slight smile on my face for whatever reason as I got to my feet- most likely out of relief, certainly not a declaration that I'd like to go again...

It was my first full season of marshaling but, thanks to the support of all my friends at Oulton it's meant that I've wanted to continue working on the bank, and I still love every cold, wet, windy (etc...) minute of it!

Steve Martin
Old 16 Jul 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1038176)   #35
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ever thought of having a badge made up for your probans...

Quote:
THIS Steve Martin does all his own stunts!
Old 17 Jul 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1039214)   #36
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondeo man - glad you were ok after that nasty shunt (yes, I have seen the video), and yes I was there that day, in the paddock/assembly area so I do remember how suddenly it came down - what a monsoon! Work means I can't do this one for the first year in ages, but hope you and everyone have a great weekend... keep marshalling - safely!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1039750)   #37
Mondeo Man33
Racer

I've been at it again!

This time my alledged magnetic properties have attracted not only GT cars, but a helicopter! Thought he was coming straight for us, but thankfully avoided us and put it down in the field behind, albeit on its side.

Glad to here he's ok...
Old 18 Jul 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1039760)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
See the thread in the Trackside forum for discussion of the heicopter incident.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1039829)   #39
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mondeo man 33
you are not allowed to put your name down for next year for this meeting again i hate to think what else you might have coming toward you good job the lake doesnt take cruise liners
Old 18 Jul 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1039838)   #40
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by woody61uk
mondeo man 33
you are not allowed to put your name down for next year for this meeting again i hate to think what else you might have coming toward you good job the lake doesnt take cruise liners
Don't worry Ken I think I'll give next year's race a miss anyway, something seems to be against me on these meetings!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 21:07 (Ref:1039845)   #41
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Mondeo Man33
Don't worry Ken I think I'll give next year's race a miss anyway, something seems to be against me on these meetings!
maybe you can go on the rescue unit
Old 18 Jul 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1039846)   #42
Mondeo Man33
Racer

I've already been on it once!!!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1039851)   #43
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
sorry steve i was meaning that that meeeting next year mate
Old 18 Jul 2004, 21:16 (Ref:1039856)   #44
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by woody61uk
sorry steve i was meaning that that meeeting next year mate
I'll see what I can do, mind you, I'm sure my friends on the unit have probably seen enough of me for the time being!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1039860)   #45
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
who said the rescue unit at oulton park lol
Old 18 Jul 2004, 22:51 (Ref:1039955)   #46
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Hey Mondeo Man, got any holiday plans this year? No special reason for asking, I just want to steer clear of any planes/trains/motorways you may be using...
Old 18 Jul 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1039969)   #47
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Just a quick "Well Done" to all at Oulton Park who responded so quickly to the Helicopter 'incident' - Fantastic work guys. As usual running towards danger rather than away from it - Motorsport and its fans are as ever grateful for your efforts

GG
Old 19 Jul 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1040088)   #48
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that a huge "WELL DONE BRSCC NORTH WESTERN CENTRE" should be noted here!

An unworkabale timetable in the beginning was made very workable due to the professionalism, committment and damned hard work from everyone involved with this meeting.

A lot of effort had gone on behind the scenes in the run up to this meeting to ensure the needs of the Marshals were catered for.

On Saturday, Mother Nature did her best to wreck the timetable with prolonged torrential downpours, the GT's didn't help much by demolishing the barriers at Warwick bridge.

However, we still got around 40 minutes for lunch (Which might have been longer than actually scheduled!) AND we finished at 5:50pm.

Sunday - and yes, even a sick helicopter crashing in the field along the Avenue couldn't stop us!

Mr Pierre was so impressed with the efforts of the Marshals on Saturday that he bought everyone a drink in the bar after the meeting - much appreciated gesture!

So then, those of us who dissed last years event.....surely we have to agree that this year was run properly? I think So!
Well done BRSCC

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 19 Jul 2004 at 07:59.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 08:04 (Ref:1040091)   #49
RobertNickson
Rookie

RobertNickson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to echo Mark's comments. A superbly well organised day (I could only make the Sunday). Well done all at BRSCC.

On another note, I hadn't seen the Volkswagen series before, and was surprised by the emissions from the diesel engined cars. Are different emissions standards applied to racers from those applied to our road cars (catalytic converters etc?).
Old 19 Jul 2004, 08:05 (Ref:1040093)   #50
Gordon Knight
Racer

England
Monton, Eccles, Manchester
Gordon Knight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark,
I totally echo your sentiments.
Well done BRSCC...I believe Ali G was like a terrier
with a bone.It just shows what can be achieved with
good leadership,planning, and cooperation.
I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.